Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud (15667 Views)

Fayose Sacks Ropo Ogunjobi, Arrests Two Others Over Fraud / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested Over N2.1Billion Arms Purchase / Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by joshbam: 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abu Dokpesi, the look-alike younger brother of Daar Communication chairman, Dr. Raymond Dokpesi who is the man behind AFEMAI Line Transport Ltd, is in the storm. Few weeks back the businessman was arrested and detained at the Abuja Police Divisional Headquarters, opposite the Central Bank of Nigeria former head office. He was allegedly arrested in reaction to a petition in which the transport magnate, Dokpesi was alleged of stealing and selling federal government SURE P/FGN mass transport vehicles.

A source who witnessed the drama of the arrest informed that it took the intervention of the Daar Communication’s Chairman, Raymond who came to bail and providing surety for his brother.

According to available information, AFEMAI got 10 coaster buses under the FGN SURE-P mass transit scheme in January 2012.

Since the period he took delivery of the buses, it was alleged, he has not made a single payment to the intervention fund manager’s, Infrastructure Bank Plc.

A source hinted that security operatives and detectives have been on his trails for months while allegation of using charms to disengage them were also made as he could not be arrested until about three weeks ago when he was eventually tracked down.

It was gathered that the young Dokpesi, with the support of his elder brother is jostling for the local government chairmanship seat in Edo State. On this premiere, it was alleged that all the daily revenue from the transport business was deplored to procuring customized Ankara, bags of salt, rice etc. as gifts to the electorates. He however lost the election woefully.

While government has been able to retrieve eight of the buses, all efforts by the retrieval agency to effect full recovery came to a halt with an alleged influence of Dr. Raymond, who allegedly provided cover for the recovery agent, identified as Adeleye. But, he was eventually arrested at the New Haven Police Station, Enugu.

At the Enugu police command, the police were said to have established the fact that AFEMAI allegedly sold the remaining buses to another government agency for about N25million without remitting a single payment to the purse of SURE-P.

Unconfirmed information however said that AFEMAI’s boss has been boasting to who cares to listen that the fund should be regarded as government largesse and he is not prepared to pay back what he termed his own share of the national cake.

Insiders however disclosed that AFEMAI may be used as a scapegoat as the Federal Government through presidency has resolved to deal with all defaulters mercilessly.

SOURCE
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Omexonomy: 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Replace all the senators and all the governors with new set of pupil you will still have thesame result

3 Likes

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by happy1: 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ray,shld be able to sort d broda out...
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by demmy55(m): 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
All dis initial gragra. Arresting someone for fraud in 9ja will only result in more fraud bribe.

1 Like

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Willgates(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
lipsrsealed angry
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by sylve11: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omexonomy: Replace all the senators and all the governors with new set of pupil you will still have thesame result

ok, so what do u expect we do? cool
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by topsy1971: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Corruption runs in their family. Even Daar communication is bankrupt.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Aromas: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Police arrested ABU DOKPESI 4 taking buses 4rm FG
And RAYMOND DOKPESI of AIT go 4 his bail.
Wot a nice move 4rm his brother.
If you like quote my comment n abuse me na you sabi, all I know be say 4 dis 9ija wey me dey hum!!!! Man must succeed n progress bcus d law in NIGERIA streets state dat if you can't BEAT dem beta do wot? Finish am 4 ur mind.
What a nice move once again 4rm his brother, dat's wot we call blood.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
dis country is a joke, you cant trust any one again.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by EUI2013: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
That good, govt should use him has a scapegoat. grin

1 Like

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by QMark: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
I am waiting to see this news on AIT News tonight.. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by picoba(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013

9ja mentality
National cake!

1 Like

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by pharmow: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
In a country where a man's or woman's success is calibrated by the amount of cash he/she can amass, then morality of protecting one's dignity is not a 1st consideration for many.

Corruption is Naija number 1 enemy

2 Likes

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by crackhaus: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
LOL grin
The Dokpesi clan once again have their name in negative press.

But ermm, who in government supported him because I can't imagine he defrauded SURE-P without inside help angry

Scape-goat tinz... grin
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Omexonomy: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Their have been to much rethorical kwestions this days in nairaland.
sylve11:

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Swaggot00(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
abu mikey? grin
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Gosj01(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Q.Mark:
And you think they (AIT) will show this?
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Aromas: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Q.Mark:

Sorry 4u. Wa pe ben be plate number okoo
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Sermwell(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dat "arrest" was just a show; abeg make dem no dey tell us all dis tinz cuz even if we hear notin go happen! His elder broda is also a topklass criminal so notin new!
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by bobokelly(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ok, am sure AIT will never show this onTv., but if is some people, it will take them a second to reveal this News as Breaking News.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by oguash: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
The case will die a natural death like others.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by ugoboss26(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
I am presently a victim of such menace of Nigerian politicians....looting whatever comes their way....The supposedly SURE-P program that is meant to benefit the masses from grassroot to federal level is not properly supervised by the presidency....I can only cease to mention my local govt where the candidates are presently waiting with arms folded after training under the SURE-P for the release of approved funds for funding of their projects....God help Nigeria.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by seanet02: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Government for their purses
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by dheaven: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
After recovery another person will still take the buses as his personal property.

1 Like

Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by OCcool: 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Q.Mark:
I pray o! Make I lay egg if dem show am for AIT news
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by IYANGBALI: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
sylve11:

we should kill all of us
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by bankyblue(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
y wont ray set him up, instead of him dragging sure-p with us
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by victorv12(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Incarcerate the common crook! All these Nigeria theives that term goverment belongings as their national cake should be all arrested and locked up. The government doesn't need to give them bail. Lock them up, freeze their bank accounts and seize their belongings. He's among the crooks that didn't allow the SURE-P project to work. Jonathan should learn how to deal with his enemies. Apart from the oil and gas sector, does he have any Nigeria project he's supervising? There must be checks and balances in all projects across the country.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by infiniteloop(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
Omexonomy: Replace all the senators and all the governors with new set of pupil you will still have thesame result

People not pupil.
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by Omexonomy: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
infiniteloop:

People not pupil.
i can see you are a robot whose only duty is to correct people gramatical errors
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by size38: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
So Dokpesi no fit dey give him brother small, small money
Re: Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud by andyanders: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
demmy55: All dis initial gragra. Arresting someone for fraud in 9ja will only result in more fraud bribe.

Well said. That is the truth. Where is Faruk, where are Demeji Bankole, Obasanjo's daughter Iyabo,Gbenga Daniel, madam Senator? These were people who's cases has been taken to the dustbin. What of all the Oil thieves? This government officials are just there as photocopies of fraud. Senators and legislators are or same fraud.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Rules Out Future Meeting With Jonathan / Jonathan Tortured Me Emotionally - Ali Ndume / Mohammed Sani Dattijo: Why North Must Vote For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.