Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Xtreme Fuel Treatment - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Xtreme Fuel Treatment (993 Views)

UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test / Post Deleted / How Efficient Is This Fuel Economy Product, Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xtreme Fuel Treatment by wwwkaycom(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Please Gurus in the house, can someone tell me the authenticity of this product which is seriously gaining popularity in many parts of Nigeria. The distributors claimed that the product improves engine efficiency and fuel economy. Can people who know about it tell me how true this is? I want better fuel economy even though my cars are not performing badly at the moment but I am afraid of pouring anything in my fuel tank, thank you all.
Re: Xtreme Fuel Treatment by solace2013: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
wwwkaycom:
Please Gurus in the house, can someone tell me the authenticity of this product which is seriously gaining popularity in many parts of Nigeria. The distributors claimed that the product improves engine efficiency and fuel economy. Can people who know about it tell me how true this is? I want better fuel economy even though my cars are not performing badly at the moment but I am afraid of pouring anything in my fuel tank, thank you all.
I have seen this product too. They say its from the US. Ogas in the house, pls help
Re: Xtreme Fuel Treatment by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
For what it's worth, I'll give my advise here:

This fuel treatment is a waste of money. It has not really been proven to increase gas mileage. It may help remove varnish deposits from injectors, but that's about it. If your car is thirsty, then find out why. If it's just thirsty due to it being a big engine, and you can't cope, then sell the car, and buy a car with a 1.4/1.6L engine.

2 Likes

Re: Xtreme Fuel Treatment by cardoctor(m): 4:47am On Oct 13, 2013
wwwkaycom:

Its just shrewd marketing strategy by the manufactures of these products.

They try to sell it to you at every fill up and make you believe in its potentials.

Most are fake and Not necessarily guaranteed to give you any improvement in performance or whatever they may promise but definitely bad for your car if used consistently at every fill up.

Just like sienna quoted, It has not really been proven to increase gas mileage.

They tend to build up residues on and around the fuel injector nozzles and eventually end up blocking the jets. they are usually the main cause of injector nozzle's problems.

I would advise that you stay away from them.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Xtreme Fuel Treatment by joa2013: 6:10am On Oct 13, 2013
O gbele o! And I just pour 2 satchets into the tank of my BabyBoy yesterday? O my! Unlucky me, and I have promised myself to always check car-talk section before doing any such thing o, what can I do now sirs, @ Oga Siena & Car-Doctor? Thank you Sirs.

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Called? / Can You Tell What Car This Is By Looking At It's Interior? / PHOTOS: Tricycle (keke Marwa) With AC Remote Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.