Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test (5492 Views)

Xtreme Fuel Treatment. Good Or Bad? / Fuel Treatment: How Effective Is It? / UPDATED: Heeeeelp With Car Gone Wild. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello All

Due to a thread that was opened recently on car talk as regards a particular fuel treatment product that was introduced, I have decided to conduct an independent test on the efficacy of the said product.

After detailed discussions with the product seller, i agreed to test the fuel treatment product and present the details.

EDIT:
Part 1: http://dennautoworld.com/2016/01/21/fuel-boosters-fact-or-myth-a-test-part-1/

Part 2: http://dennautoworld.com/2016/01/23/fuel-boosters-fact-or-myth-the-results-part-2/
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by peterjero(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
What's the result sir, and please don't use the beetle for the test lol. I'm keenly waiting......
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
was it to improve mileage? If it was I'm sure it failed. Was it to clean injectors? If it was I'm interested.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by lonelydora: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Why the treatment?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by billy187(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
pictures! pictures!!
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by colossus2: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Grabs popcorn as I watch this sitcom
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Denn:
Hello All

Due to a thread that was opened recently on car talk as regards a particular fuel treatment product that was introduced, I have decided to conduct an independent test on the efficacy of the said product.

After detailed discussions with the product seller, i agreed to test the fuel treatment product and present the details.

Am keen on this result. But just have it at the back of your mind that you might be causing more harm than good in what sense if you ask? Whatever dirt you have in your fuel tank is driven down to your noozles thereby blocking them. A misfire is the end result. If you need to cleaning up your noozles come to multi auto lab where we use more advanced technology called the fuel injection tester with ultrasonic cleaner. It works better and its much contemporary, here are its features

Leak test
Spray pattern test
Reverse flushing
Ultrasonic cleaning
And many more, your noozles would never remain the same tongue
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
mayor2013:

Am keen on this result. But just have it at the back of your mind that you might be causing more harm than good in what sense if you ask? Whatever dirt you have in your fuel tank is driven down to your noozles thereby blocking them. A misfire is the end result. If you need to cleaning up your noozles come to multi auto lab where we use more advanced technology called the fuel injection tester with ultrasonic cleaner. It works better and its much contemporary, here are its features

Leak test
Spray pattern test
Reverse flushing
Ultrasonic cleaning
And many more, your noozles would never remain the same tongue

Are you indirectly advertising your service?

This would be just to test the veracity of the product and state the results.

It would be independent and unbiased test.

Steps to prevent any harm would be taken in as realistic ways as possible.

Many thanks
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Denn:

Are you indirectly advertising your service?

This would be just to test the veracity of the product and state the results.

It would be independent and unbiased test.

Steps to prevent any harm would be taken in as realistic ways as possible.

Many thanks

No. Do your test @ your own detriment

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2016
mayor2013:

No. Do your test @ your own detriment

Detriment? Why the bad blood?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2016
peterjero:
What's the result sir, and please don't use the beetle for the test lol. I'm keenly waiting......
The beetle is the best to use for the test based on the following:

The beetle does not have a knock sensor to retard anything due to a lower octane level (assumed) of the control.

The beetle has only one fuel line going to the carburetor. There is no return line. This implies that fuel input into the vehicle is simpler and can be monitored accurately.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:07am On Jan 21, 2016
billy187:
pictures! pictures!!

We would get more than pictures....
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
was it to improve mileage? If it was I'm sure it failed. Was it to clean injectors? If it was I'm interested.

The product under review claims to do many things (more on that shortly)

However, due to the limit of out testing abilities (our nuclear fission laboratory and nano particle accelerator centers have not yet been opened wink ), we would just test the mileage claims

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mejai(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2016
Denn:
Hello All

I am coming with d extra bottle of cold beer to make it 2. while u release my nkwobi as I wait for d result. well done.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2016
CLAIM SUMMARY
The product under review claims to do 5 things:

Improve Performance and Horsepower. It claims to do this by burning more of the available BTU in the fuel. This claim cannot be tested by us.

Increase Fuel Mileage. It claims to reduce fuel consumption and increase MPG by at least 10%.
This implies that by using this product, you can extend the duration of fuel burn with the same fuel quantity. This is the claim we would be testing.

Reduces harmful emissions and pollutants. It claims to reduce carbon residue by 59% to 90%.
This is a huge claim and unfortunately cannot be tested by our team. We would have loved to be able to test this claim and we can still do that in future with available equipment.

Prolongs engine life and reduces wear.
The product claims to lubricate the engine and thereby reduces wear.
This claim is huge. Except the product lubricates only the fuel system components, it cannot lubricate the whole engine. We cannot test this too at the moment.

Prolongs the life of stored fuel. It claims to allow the storage of fuel perpetually. This implies that it prevents fuel from going bad ( yes, petrol goes bad after long storage).
We could test this claim by storing a bottle mixed with this product for one year, however, it still remains a huge claim that needs to be investigated.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2016
OUR TEST
We intend to test the claim that the product increases MPG by 10%.

MPG stands for 'Miles Per Gallon' and is a universal way of determining how much fuel your car burns over a certain distance. For example, a 20 MPG means that your car consumes one gallon of fuel to cover a distance of 20 miles. A car with 21 MPG is better at fuel management than a car with 20 MPG.

There are many variables that affect MPG.

Driving style, traffic, weather, engine condition, road structure etc.

In order to get a result as fair as possible, we would be eliminating a whole lot of the variables to get a constant condition-set for the test.

The rest would not involve any driving.

We would idle the warmed up vehicle using a fixed quantity of fuel.

There would be two tests.

Test 1 would involve idling the car by using a fixed quantity of standard fuel. The duration it takes to idle would be measured and recorded.

Test 2 would involve idling the same car by using a mixture of fuel and the treatment. The duration it takes to idle would also be measured and recorded.

The results of both tests would be compared.

We shall modify the fuel input system to run from a bottle instead of from the tank. This would enable us get as accurate a result as possible.

Safety factors would also be taken into cognisance.

The test is going to be as independent as possible with no bias for or against the product.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by chukel(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Following
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2016
To ensure data and record integrity, i would also be mirroring the posts here on my blog.

the blog address is www.dennautoworld.com
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Test has been scheduled to hold tomorrow morning.

Updates will follow shortly.

Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by colossus2: 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
Next episode go bad gan.
[s]Can't wait for Jack Bauer to catch the terrorist[/s] grin

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Test has been conducted.

Details were recorded on video and uploaded on YouTube.

DISCLAIMER
We would like to state that we are in no way affiliated to the product distributor and would refrain from mentioning the product name or details to prevent any form of endorsement. We would also state explicitly that results may vary if different conditions like vehicle type,additive and fuel burn process were used.

Full analysis of the test is documented on http://dennautoworld.com/2016/01/23/fuel-boosters-fact-or-myth-the-results-part-2/

SUMMARY

The normal fuel stalled the car in 34 minutes and 14 seconds while the treated fuel stalled the car in 37 minutes and 34 seconds.

A 75cl Plastic Water Bottle was used as the fuel tank while a rubber hose connected this to the fuel line.

The YouTube video is embedded below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXs71yptn0
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Open to questions
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
So an engine reaches its most efficiency at a certain temperature.

Test 1 and 2 differs because test 1 was performed after the vehicle was driven.

10% is negligible.

A good beginning but this test is not useful outside of a laboratory on a dyno. I don't idle my cars for long periods of time I want to know of increases at that sweet 80mph cruise that I operate in.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
I don't see much that the fuel additive did.

Was the engine at optimum temperature even before the first test was carried out?

I'm thinking that perhaps the slight difference in time noticed is even due to engine temperature induced oil viscosity change than the 'magic' additive.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2016
a cold engine would burn more fuel than one that is already warmed up. Re-do the test at same temp.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Jan 24, 2016
did not watch the whole video, but how did you account for the fuel in the fuel rail before start?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2016
nice comments.

would be addressing them now.

thanks
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 8:42am On Jan 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:
So an engine reaches its most efficiency at a certain temperature.

Test 1 and 2 differs because test 1 was performed after the vehicle was driven.

10% is negligible.

A good beginning but this test is not useful outside of a laboratory on a dyno. I don't idle my cars for long periods of time I want to know of increases at that sweet 80mph cruise that I operate in.

Thanks for the comment.

This is my first 'test' and further tests and reviews would definitely improve.

I did not even account for the beetle idling for over 30 minutes on less than a litre of fuel...Fuel economy on a 60 year old technology is amazing.

Conducting the test on a cruise would have brought in different variables...traffic, speed, atmospheric pressure etc...thats why we opted to just idle it under a covered shed.

Thanks
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2016
0rex:
I don't see much that the fuel additive did.

Was the engine at optimum temperature even before the first test was carried out?

I'm thinking that perhaps the slight difference in time noticed is even due to engine temperature induced oil viscosity change than the 'magic' additive.

car was driven around and even idled in scorching noon traffic right just before the test started.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
did not watch the whole video, but how did you account for the fuel in the fuel rail before start?

For test 1, there was fuel already in the fuel rail, filter, pump and carburetor. we simply just added the 75cl bottle of standard fuel.

For test 2, we had no fuel in the whole system at start, since test 1 stalled the engine when all the fuel was completely burned.
So we had to re-introduce fuel into the system and prime the carburetor with starting fluid. We allowed the car run on the mixed fuel for 5 minutes before starting the test.

so in both tests, there was fuel in the whole system in addition to the 75cl fuel introduced.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 8:52am On Jan 24, 2016
this is a comment i got on my blog

by using carburetor cleaner on the carburetor, you altered the state of the machine for the second test. the conditions of the two tests have to be the same for the results to be valid. I must commend your use of a single non return line fuel system. nice work.

what are our comments on this please?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Denn:
this is a comment i got on my blog

what are our comments on this please?

The carb breathes better and becomes more efficient. Conditions for both tests are not the same. Better still you could repeat both tests again to be sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Typographical Error In Custom Paper. / Where Do You Park Your Car? / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.