Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611418 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zico70: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
@nas jay,congratssssssss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Euopal(m): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
zico70: Sorry tracking number if its necessary but don't know yet,u can ask chrigo to know necessary info sha

Thanks bro. I have sent you the mail now. I would keep in touch. tell me if u receive d mail. thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kelly4top: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....What kinda job?...If na Fishery jobs i bet newfoundland go bam...but if na oil and gas jobs then Alberta....if na Info tech jobs anywhere in Canada will do grin....

aahahah sofar them pay me well even though na fishery catching work. job na job. u no lie sha oh fishery job go full there cos na so so water surround the whole place. The fish sef kon dey Hungary me now. I go chose that province make i go chop fresh fish biko.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Kemye: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hello House,
My husband spoke with a CIC agent again yesterday  about my going to join him Canada. The guy told him I am eligible to apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT here in Nigeria. All he needs to do is to send documents showing (study permit, etc) that he is  full-time student. I believe I still have to apply for a trv. The alternative thing is for me to apply for a visitor's visa, then  apply to work when I get there. Which do u think is a better option? Will CDHC request me to submit a bank statement? Is there anybody who has useful information on going to join one's spouse in Canada? Kindly help o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Anyone going to uOttawa or Carleton Uni starting Jan 2014 and looking for an apartment? Please contact me, I am looking for 1/2 persons to share a 2/3 bedroom apartment. I am in Canada already but moving to Ottawa for Jan 2014. Male or Female, no preference, just be clean and have a stable head on your shoulders.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think you should apply to join him (open work permit) and not visit and yes you will need to show proof of funds (most likely by bank statement). What school does he attend and what level of studies is he undergoing? These questions may seem unnecessary, but I think that they may influence the outcome (I am not an expert) e.g. if your hubby is doing a Phd, the chances that you will be granted an open work permit may be significantly higher than with other levels of studies (Again read my words carefully). Do you have any kids? I think if you do it will bolster your application. Canada respects spouses and their union so even though it is so stressful in Nigeria to get these things, I believe that you will get the work permit if you dot your Is and cross your Ts. Best of luck and sample opinion from others who have been in your situation at a time.http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/spouses-conjoints.aspx
Kemye: Hello House,
My husband spoke with a CIC agent again yesterday  about my going to join him Canada. The guy told him I am eligible to apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT here in Nigeria. All he needs to do is to send documents showing (study permit, etc) that he is  full-time student. I believe I still have to apply for a trv. The alternative thing is for me to apply for a visitor's visa, then  apply to work when I get there. Which do u think is a better option? Will CDHC request me to submit a bank statement? Is there anybody who has useful information on going to join one's spouse in Canada? Kindly help o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pirezo96(m): 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
@TRV_IJN am heading to UOttawa but still expecting my medic Wud contact yu wen I succeed for TRV level.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okay let me know .
pirezo96: @TRV_IJN am heading to UOttawa but still expecting my medic Wud contact yu wen I succeed for TRV level.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN ... I'm looking for a 3rd person to complete the number...already got a 3-bedroom apartment down in Ottawa...2 rooms already taken and looking for a 3rd person...can we seal the deal so I'll hook you up with the guy @ uOttawa...

Expecting to hear from you soonest...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UrchUmunna(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Great work guys. Pls I will be moving down to Vancouver in January, can I get anyone to help with accommodation down there? I will really appreciate any help or link to someone there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
abeg brodas i need help with a 4th skul to apply to oh. having trouble getting a school or college to apply to.especially in my field.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
nas-jay:
I don port 000000, I just get the email so, long story True story, BABA GOD na E do AM 4 ME, i pass thorough a lot 1)Office Interview, 2, phone Interview 3,argument with CVO even though the battle was won, I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted, i go give ur guys the full info, make i relax
@ congrats nasjay. God is great...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
mistur_chris: abeg brodas i need help with a 4th skul to apply to oh. having trouble getting a school or college to apply to.especially in my field.
....Why not state the field make person wey dey do same advice you....You wan make i guess?...Oya na fishery field grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN: Okay let me know .

TRV (2014) IJN...amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Kemye: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN: I think you should apply to join him (open work permit) and not visit and yes you will need to show proof of funds (most likely by bank statement). What school does he attend and what level of studies is he undergoing? These questions may seem unnecessary, but I think that they may influence the outcome (I am not an expert) e.g. if your hubby is doing a Phd, the chances that you will be granted an open work permit may be significantly higher than with other levels of studies (Again read my words carefully). Do you have any kids? I think if you do it will bolster your application. Canada respects spouses and their union so even though it is so stressful in Nigeria to get these things, I believe that you will get the work permit if you dot your Is and cross your Ts. Best of luck and sample opinion from others who have been in your situation at a time.http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/spouses-conjoints.aspx
Thanks for your response. He is a PhD in USask and we don't have kids yet. Then, I will like to ask if it is his statement of account or mine that will be considered
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by denicegq86: 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN: Okay let me know .

You got any contacts on Ontario?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Shadams(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN: I think you should apply to join him (open work permit) and not visit and yes you will need to show proof of funds (most likely by bank statement). What school does he attend and what level of studies is he undergoing? These questions may seem unnecessary, but I think that they may influence the outcome (I am not an expert) e.g. if your hubby is doing a Phd, the chances that you will be granted an open work permit may be significantly higher than with other levels of studies (Again read my words carefully). Do you have any kids? I think if you do it will bolster your application. Canada respects spouses and their union so even though it is so stressful in Nigeria to get these things, I believe that you will get the work permit if you dot your Is and cross your Ts. Best of luck and sample opinion from others who have been in your situation at a time.http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/spouses-conjoints.aspx

@Trv. Are you saying that PhD students have more chances? Do they have to present any financial statement if they are on scholarship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Either his or yours or even both of your statements ( you too are a couple), unless you want to use sponsor-but I do not encourage this as you are married. CIC allows work permit to spouses so they can work and support the family while the other studies and this is clearly stated on their site so don't even be afraid. The only thing is you don't want to take chances that you don't have funds to take care of yourself for at least a while. Madam I don't mean to make you become complacent oh but i am already saying congratulations... I believe you have an over 85% chance of getting it. Just cross your Ts and dot your Is. carry your hubby along in every step as a Phd candidate I believe he will be very detailed and you can never pray enough.
Kemye:
Thanks for your response. He is a PhD in USask and we don't have kids yet. Then, I will like to ask if it is his statement of account or mine that will be considered
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
will check my email and get back to you soonest.
Onye oma: TRV_IJN ... I'm looking for a 3rd person to complete the number...already got a 3-bedroom apartment down in Ottawa...2 rooms already taken and looking for a 3rd person...can we seal the deal so I'll hook you up with the guy @ uOttawa...

Expecting to hear from you soonest...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by TRVIJN: 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am not an authority on CIC matters but if your question is if the SPOUSES of Phd students have a higher chance, my answer is yes I believe they have a significantly higher chance and to your other question, most scholarships will at most cover all expenses of the candidate and not his/her spouse so the spouse applying for a trv/work permit as in the case of @Kemye would still need to show they have funds for say, a year (CAD10,000). However, the Phd student should provide proof of scholarship if as well if available, this will enable the visa officer evaluate and see that the spouse's coming will not necessarily cause a financial burden.
NB: I believe Phd students themselves even have a higher chance for study permit/trv (no particular proof o) but just using my common sense, Phd students, I think are higher assets for Canada as they know there are chances people would want to stay back after school and oyibo go always respect Phd because some of them if get only bachelors or less (I don't know if my thinking makes sense to you). again Phd students can apply for PR directly after they complete 2yrs of the program, no need for PGWP and the work experience thingy. I am not a Phd student oo, I am still dealing with Masters but I think from what I see here, my evaluation is a fair assessment of the chances.
Shadams:

@Trv. Are you saying that PhD students have more chances? Do they have to present any financial statement if they are on scholarship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 10:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Congrats nas jay..kayconsult ur digits ain't connectin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
ChriGo: ....Why not state the field make person wey dey do same advice you....You wan make i guess?...Oya na fishery field grin....

lol na chem eng ohhh.....chrigo u be beta clown oh...u for join ur brodas basketmouth them fr their ministry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by frakie: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Have been on this thread for a while now reading and all what I can found is student visa issues. Please can somone tell me how to go about it when applying for a tourist visa to canada. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
mistur_chris:

lol na chem eng ohhh.....chrigo u be beta clown oh...u for join ur brodas basketmouth them fr their ministry
...Lolzzz...you don follow ur brother onye oma relate?......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 11:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
ChriGo: ...Lolzzz...you don follow ur brother onye oma relate?......

no not really.can i send him a personal message tho? havent really gotten the hang of the system on NL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
TRV_IJN: will check my email and get back to you soonest.

Pls, send me ur email address @ chrigolex@yahoo.com so I can send you a mail...my nairaland email address aint working @ d moment..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
mistur_chris:

no not really.can i send him a personal message tho? havent really gotten the hang of the system on NL

Bro, which program are you looking @?? M.A.Sc or M.Eng??

We can take it from there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
kingRoosevelt: Congrats nas jay..kayconsult ur digits ain't connectin
@ kings,I guess its network problem. Text me ur digits or mail it to my email box. My email account is princeebony14lyfe@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Onye oma:

Bro, which program are you looking @?? M.A.Sc or M.Eng??

We can take it from there...

Msc but i wouldnt mind a pgd tho.....but preferably msc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Touched down toronto pearson airport safely... Thank God.... cold for here no be play play ooooo...come prepared oooo...abeg if u have gotten ur trv and u dey resume Jan, u beta dey come by Dec make u come find house, cuz most house agents are saying that by Jan there's going to be a mad rush and prices can go up as well... hotel cost for here oo, so its better if you start making accommodation arrangements before u comot for naija and u go just spend like 1-2 days for hotel while u get ur room furnished..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 12:37am On Nov 21, 2013
^^^ Stop scaring people … its very warm here guys…. grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 1:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Emerald92: Hello house,Just joined dis forum.... Just did my medicals @ Raymond njoku str,@ ikoyi...patiently waitin 4 TRV. Any1 4 lethbridge college winter 2014.....
I am in uni of Lethbridge...and I have a couple friends in college I see almost everyday...what do you wanna know....?it's a great place though....based I on what I have seen...

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.