Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611582 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=onos9ice]My WAEC DOB is 1994 which is a wrong DOB. But all my other documents including my passport are 1996. Hope this wouldn't raise any dust. But I've sworn an affidavit to that effect [/quote

good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by genpro2(m): 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hey guys pls just a question here, I applied for a postgraduate placement in a school in canada, i have submitted my application, my strong letter of intent and my transcript (both scanned and origjnal), by the way I got a 4.86 CGPA. It's going to 2 weeks now and no reply yet, do u think there is a problem here or just the normal processing time frame? Kindly explain if u are in the know cause I getting a bit worried. Although, the school has acknowledged receipt of my application and transcripts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mollode: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
pls am new here, i would like to apply for my msc in university of saskatchewan buh i dont knw their full tuition fee and duration of the program... and pls how do i write a letter of intent? i studied agricultural economics and extension.pls help me with any useful info.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by olufunmilola89: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
hello house, please i need help for accommodation. i am going to concordia university for my masters in montreal for winter semester. i dont mind sharing accommodation as long as its cheap. pls kindly help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
genpro2: Hey guys pls just a question here, I applied for a postgraduate placement in a school in canada, i have submitted my application, my strong letter of intent and my transcript (both scanned and origjnal), by the way I got a 4.86 CGPA. It's going to 2 weeks now and no reply yet, do u think there is a problem here or just the normal processing time frame? Kindly explain if u are in the know cause I getting a bit worried. Although, the school has acknowledged receipt of my application and transcripts.

From the school or embassy. ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cross007: 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
Nice1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by olufunmilola89: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Siga: ... Thts no prob... there are few students there that are looking for someone to take over dem lease as they are don next month... I will PM u and u can reply... I go link u up with one...

hello oga Siga, please kindly help me out with accommodation. i will be going to concordia university in montreal by January and i need accommodation that is cheap, i dont mind sharing with cool headed dude. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, it is possible, maybe the parents took the child to Nigeria while so small and now look for info, which is still ook . . .
watin dey do dis bishop4apc say na because u b politician wey dey chop Nigeria money no b my money sha u com here dey open mouth guy u no wat dis forum is all abt mak i tel u if u neva no its an educative forum where ppl get info on eduction in canada u dey boast abt 9ja na because una dey strike na y u come here abi c dis plaz is not a plaz were u come to blab abt lik ur colleags do do guy if u dnt hav beta tin to tlk comot dis forum b4 we comot u frm dat APC u dey na labour party u go dey wey b say u go come canny com clear d whole bush for dere guy i think u dey jealous of us wey dey go strike freee nation if u wan com canny i fit drop my papa numba if u beg am wella asin u beg him fit pity u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
mollode: pls am new here, i would like to apply for my msc in university of saskatchewan buh i dont knw their full tuition fee and duration of the program... and pls how do i write a letter of intent? i studied agricultural economics and extension.pls help me with any useful info.thanks

check the previous page for letter of intent for msc applicants..also check their website for tuition and start date, duration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
sanniemoe:

are u going to Conestoga too?

No.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
olufunmilola89: Siga: ... Thts no prob... there are few students there that are looking for someone to take over dem lease as they are don next month... I will PM u and u can reply... I go link u up with one...

hello oga Siga, please kindly help me out with accommodation. i will be going to concordia university in montreal by January and i need accommodation that is cheap, i dont mind sharing with cool headed dude. thanks
... U can check kijiji or viewit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
@ genpro2, I guess you applied to a university, if that was the case, you need to be patient. Universities admission decision don't come quick, usually its a pool decision unlike colleges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by okirewaju(f): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
Siga: ...there are a lot around there.... it depends on how close u wanna be to the Falls... u get date ni....
Thanks a lot Siga,i meant affordable motels/inn close to Niagara College.Dec. 15th nia be the date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sonsama(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wonder shall never end.
justwise: Its that time again when we have to create part5 of this thread, part4 has reached 443 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part4 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by okirewaju(f): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
grin cheesy Thanx a lot,am grateful
ChriGo: ...My brother if na Ijesha Fall then i can recommend motel around dia cuz na my town buh as for Niagara fall ?...Talk to the Canny Kingpins Siga/Fhemmmy biko grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
......Any dude heading to Lambton college?....No lady pls....Miss bon is watching biko grin......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaymdee(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
I don't quite like this front page thing that happened today. Now, we see people trying to derail the thread and calling TRV hopefuls lazy. Since when has being ambitious become a lazy thing? Since when has yearning for a multicultural experience become lazy? That 'Bishop' guy that lacks basic understanding should please name one standard University in Nigeria. Don't get me wrong I love Naija like nowhere else. But you don't lay down your life where the politicians are mainly jokers toying with human lives. Please if there's a way to take this thread off the front page it would be better. A person that need Canadian TRV info would certainly find it on the Travel section. Any true interested person is welcome to fetch from the bottomless well of knowledge here. We don't want passers by to chip in and call people lazy because they're travelling. Please. *whew* I don tire for talk. Oya Chrigo continue from here. Meanwhile, any info on average flight cost for Dec 27 to Jan 3rd? And who's off to Manitoba around that time. We fit ballout together. One love house. *muaa*

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by yemjazz: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
pls what is the process involve in obtaining police report and what is the cost implication. i will also like to know if it is possible to start and finish the process in a day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Femicrux: 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hi guys,

Just heard about this thread today. Never knew it existed. I've been nursing the ambition of studying for my masters degree in Canada for some time now. I was preparing for the GRE before the cancellation of testing centres in Nigeria. Paused my preparations but may have to pick it up again. I graduated with a second class lower in mechanical engineering in 2010 but finished strongly with a CGPA of 4.49 from my final two years in the university. Pls, what are my chances of funding and who knows of good schools in canada who are generous with scholarships?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by point5: 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hw can I apply,,I want 2 go n do my masters in Canada,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
donsax: Please how much does one need to have in his bank account or sponsor for study in Canada? I mean bank statement?

5 to 7m is good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
yemjazz: pls what is the process involve in obtaining police report and what is the cost implication. i will also like to know if it is possible to start and finish the process in a day
...Yes bro...Check dis link www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/344 ....You can get it done within an hour....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
tonyrero:
But u dey Smoke, this one wey ur name na cigarette...sorry 'Siga' grin

*holds laff*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kelly4top: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
ChriGo: STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

Hey there, Tired of waiting, and feeling Frustrated with the Canada visa Paper route processing time?
The solution you need is right here. Online route is all you need to get going grin

Follow these easy steps:

1. Visit www.cic.gc.ca to register……Click on Apply online, you’ll get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?”……your answer here should be NO since you’re applying for the first time, but if you’ve filled the questionnaire before then you can click YES.

2. After Clicking a NO to the Eligibilty Questionnaire question in step 1 then it takes you to an info Page……Just Click START……..Now that you’re on the getting started page…..Take your time to read the instructions……And then Click NEXT……Please fill in the Questionnaire correctly as these will be used to generate a Checklist code for you to upload your documents on your myCIC account.

3. After completely filling the Eligibility Questionnaire you will hit the “Review your answer page”……Please scan through to confirm your answers to the Questionnaire…….Then Click CONTINUE…………It will take you to a page were your CHECK LIST CODE is boldly written……the one I generated for mysef now is OX2980052333(plsssss this na my own code oooo,go generate your own biko).….Please copy your CODE or save that page or print that page……Just don’t misplace your own checklist code biko…..if you do, then you will have to fill another questionnaire all over again to generate another checklist code….. Please note that the checklist code you generated has expiry date(probably 2 months) so if you plan on generating the code make sure you use it before it expires else you would have to generate another.

4. Now that you have created your check list code the real application begins……you will have to re-iterate from Step 1 by visiting www.cic.gc.ca ….Click on Apply online, you get a prompt asking if you have applied before……Click NO……you get the next prompt asking “What are you applying for?”......Select STUDY PERMIT………you get another prompt asking “Have you used our online questionnaire to find out if you’re eligible to apply?” ……at the point click YES........It then ask you “Do you have a code that looks like this: QK4350881372?”……..Click YES…….Then it takes you to “Create myCIC account page”……Click START.........Now you’re at the page……Click GCKey Login…….since you do not have a Username and password yet then click REGISTER FOR A NEW GC-KEY........After you must have registered…..It takes you to terms and conditions page….Just click I ACCEPT……….

5. After clicking accept….it ask you if you already have a client ID which is also known as UCI number…..if you had previously applied to CDHC either through paper route or other route and you were given a UCI no please click YES…..but if you are just freshly applying to the Embassy then click NO…..Then it takes you to the Mycic Enrolment were you will fill your names, DOB, Country of birth, passport number……Then click CONTINUE…..Next is to create your security question …… click CONTINUE…….Then it ask for your email…..enter your email and click CONTINUE……. you get to your main cic page were you get to click APPLY ONLINE……….It ask you for the checklist code(remember the code we created at the beginning)…..

6. Enter your checklist code……..Now it takes you to the checklist questionnaire review page……Please note that you can still modify your questionnaire on the fly if you are not satisfied with some answers you provided…..all you need to do is click on MODIFY…….When you are done reviewing the page, click CONTINUE……Then it takes you to the part where you get to upload all you scanned documents……View the picture below to see what it looks like……

7. Please always click the question(?) attached to each upload section….example:- once you click the (?) attached to “Proof of Means of Financial Support” you will get these long lists
• your bank statements for the past four months
• a bank draft in convertible currency
• pay stubs
• an employment letter
• proof of assets or business
• proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
• tax reports, declarations or statements
• proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
• a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
• proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

All you need to do is look for the documents you are able to provide on this list and then Copy and Paste them into a Microsoft word after scanning…..Save the document as PDF format in other to get a lower size pdf document…..if at the end you shrinked to pdf and you still have a larger size pdf, then please download a pdf compressor www.pdfcompressor.org

This is just for a section of Upload…..there are other Upload section(check the pics) were you need to also shrink documents to lower size….Please do this right and make your documents as clear as possible after shrinking.

When you are done uploading all docx......It takes you to the Review page.....Click CONTINUE.......Now you're at the payment page....Please make use of Zenith or First bank master card.....It has been tested and trusted to work on CIC platform.

Now that your application has been completed....always watch out for any message in your cic account....usually they notify you via your email of any pending message in your CIC account so always check your email regularly grin

Please note that these steps also apply to Visiting Visa application.....Just follow the Instructions for Visiting Lobatan!!! grin

take your time to study this well….Its practical so do not be scared to read all…..once you get going with it on your PC/Laptop you would see how easy it is to apply Online……Package your application well and then leave the rest to baba God…..GOD AINT SLEEPING grin

Cheers

ChriGo

ChriGo what about those that wants to apply sor study permit together with their wife open work permit and kid visa too cos i heard married students can now come with their spouse and kid and must apply together. In this online case how do they do it cos one will be applying fo study permit another open work permit while pickin go apply too. Abi na paper route fit them?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by linus27(m): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
when u get to alagbon in ikoyi that is where the police headquarter is ,ask for the fingerprint section that is where you will be issued police clearance .when i did mine it was 3k but i dont know the present cost it depend on the person that attend to you just add extra money when going .
yemjazz: pls what is the process involve in obtaining police report and what is the cost implication. i will also like to know if it is possible to start and finish the process in a day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
kelly4top:

ChriGo what about those that wants to apply sor study permit together with their wife open work permit and kid visa too cos i heard married students can now come with their spouse and kid and must apply together. In this online case how do they do it cos one will be applying fo study permit another open work permit while pickin go apply too. Abi na paper route fit them?
....Yes you can apply together...Everything all depends on ur answers to the questionaire....The online route gives u the flexibilty of applying with ur Spouse and kids all in one Cic account.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Artorius(m): 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hi folks, I'm tryna make a move to Canada for an undergraduate degree. What steps do I need to take and which of the colleges will be both affordable and cool for the course I intend to study (computer engineering). Are there also scholarship programs I can look out for? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
Artorius: Hi folks, I'm tryna make a move to Canada for an undergraduate degree. What steps do I need to take and which of the colleges will be both affordable and cool for the course I intend to study (computer engineering). Are there also scholarship programs I can look out for? Thanks
....if na Canadian College, get scholarship off ur mind bro.....dey dont grant entry level scholarship....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:12am On Nov 24, 2013
......Hello Chigoville..grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by coolsammy1(m): 1:06am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello house,

nice work guys. I have been following this thread since part one and I must say it is informative and very educating. Please is it possible for police clearance certificate to be gotten on my behalf. Asking because I do not stay in Lagos for now and I have started my online visa application process...

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.