Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611561 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by almonche: 2:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Amy fleming college student in the house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by demoah(m): 2:28am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child:
lolz...is that a yes or no bruv? grin
Well it all depends on if all the factors responsible for getting the admission and visa have been met.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shola7777777: 4:49am On Dec 12, 2013
My good people, pls I really need your assistance on this, I want to apply for canadian visitor visa and I don't know anybody there. Pls how can I go about this. I have all the documents to show my tie here in nigeria. Pls kindly advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by frederal(m): 5:15am On Dec 12, 2013
Coming to memorial university? Contact me for a cheap(est) accomodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:29am On Dec 12, 2013
....Jack baurer(anointed111) vs habeeb marwan(embassy)....Live battle at the Embassy..Of course y'all know say Jack Bauer no dey die for mission grin....so My guy is coming back with his TRV.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2013
canrelocate:

As a student, the TRV is usually for a short period ranging from 3 months to 1 or 2 years (in very rare occasions). What is important is that you get to a Canadian Port of entry before the expiry date and be sure to have the letter you have to present to the Border officer that should issue your Study Permit when you enter Canada. You only need the TRV to re-enter Canada, your Study permit is what you'll need to maintain a valid status in Canada as an International student.

Thanks for your response I appreciate. But how long is the study permit for? The exact duration of your program plus 3months extra abi?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Ebonylord: hello everyone, i am new here, i applied for study permit in September for winter and have been called for medicals, however i am SS{sickle cell gene}, i am about to do my medicals, will my case be different? will i be refused a visa based on the fact that am SS? will there be delays? does any one know any SS patient already in canada or who have done their medicals? please i need your contributions and answers both from those already in canada and those who have applied for study permits or know people who have been issued/denied visas based on being SS or the procedures or things that were required from them during their medicals. Thanks all...

let the panel physician know of your medical condition. Tell him everytin he/she needs to know. That shouldnt be a problem. Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gstring133: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2013
almonche: Amy fleming college student in the house?

Yes boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2013
Ebonylord: hello everyone, i am new here, i applied for study permit in September for winter and have been called for medicals, however i am SS{sickle cell gene}, i am about to do my medicals, will my case be different? will i be refused a visa based on the fact that am SS? will there be delays? does any one know any SS patient already in canada or who have done their medicals? please i need your contributions and answers both from those already in canada and those who have applied for study permits or know people who have been issued/denied visas based on being SS or the procedures or things that were required from them during their medicals. Thanks all...

Congrats on ur medics call.
My dear, you won't be denied based on ur genotype.
However, ur medics will entail a lot and lots of patience from your end.
While others do just one medic test, u wld do like 2- 3 medicals @ different times.

Delayed? Yes, Ur medics might take up to 3months to finalise.(courtesy d cdhc health branch in paris or london)

Apart from doing the regular/normal test, u wld be required to get a detailed report from ur heamatologist ( d doc dat manages ur sickle cell) stating ur stable pcv,(packed cell volume) ur blood percentage, ow often u are being transfused or maybe never transfused. Ow often u fall sick and what ur routine drugs are.(E.g folic acid, paludrine, vit c etc)

Also, if u've had a major surgery, u wld. Be required to get a detailed report as per, why, when and where d operation was carried out on U, ow many pints of blood u were transfused with after d surgery and so on.

You should bear in mind that u will be spending more on ur medics than others.
If you've been transfused previously, u will need to do d Hepatitis AB&C tests.

In summary, the only bottleneck in ur application is d medics period.
Apart from dat, u are good to go.
U might be discouraged @ some point cos of d medics call,it cld be overwhelming but in all trust in God and never forget d place of prayers. try to stay healthy as much as possible.

And finally, getting ur visa? Yes.
Wish u d best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 10:02am On Dec 12, 2013
frederal: Coming to memorial university? Contact me for a cheap(est) accomodation.

thNk God I don see person for memorial ooooooo! I need accomodation abeg. I will be in st john on the 4th but will arrive canny on 28th. I need ur digits or mail address. Mine is henryazanor@yahoo.com or henryazanor@gmail.com. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2013
frederal: Coming to memorial university? Contact me for a cheap(est) accomodation.

I just sent u a request on NL. Pls kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2013
@IYKE M, We do not need people like you in this forum. YOU are a 419ER, have you finished helping all your family members in the village?. You are nothing but a THIEVE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesienaoritse: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:
hello guys......please is there anyone coming to MUN or St. john's and looking for an accommodation. i got a 4bedrooms flat and looking for jst only two more students to fill in the oda rooms. and the good thing about it is that the house is 5MINS WALK to school and very OVER affordable. if ur interested contact mi as soon as possible. CONTACT : jollyswager@yahoo.com.

PS : only for the serious minded.......welcome to St. john's!

I just sent you an email and a NL REQUEST.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2013
buchi4med: @IYKE M, We do not need people like you in this forum. YOU are a 419ER, have you finished helping all your family members in the village?. You are nothing but a THIEVE.

Oga mi, why d names calling?
Did he swindle you? Av u met him in person?
If ur instinct tells u he's a bad guy, then u IGNORE his post. Why extend ur insults to his family members?
No names calling PLSSSS. Let's act as d matured & civil adults dat we are.
Thanks dear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2013
FISLAG:

Thanks for your response I appreciate. But how long is the study permit for? The exact duration of your program plus 3months extra abi?

Make sure to be consistent with the period you stated that your program will take when you are being asked by the boarder officer - the officer typically knows the duration as stated in your applications already, but he/she will still ask you at port of entry. You'll rarely be granted a period more than the expected/stated period of your program, but you can be granted a less time as well - either way, it won't be less than a year because you often don't need a study permit for any program that runs for six months or less. Have in mind that you can easily extend your study permit provided you do so before the expiry date on it and you comply with your primary obligation of attending a school in Canada as originally intended. You can PM me if you need further advice on this. Bottom line is: the period you are initially granted is not really an issue, you just need to be aware of when and how to renew it if there is need for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2013
If u have gotten med call or trv..here is me tapping from ur blessings and miracle.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2013
@Britiko u spoke wisely, but that guy is not meant to be on this forum. This is one of the Nigerian guys that indulges in illegal business in abroad therefore tarnishes the image of innocent Nigerian in diaspora. I just expressed my feelings towards his odd intentions on the beneficiaries of this forum. Nigeria can never be good if we continue to encourage crimes by being nonchalant at things that seem COMMON but so SERIOUS. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:12am On Dec 12, 2013
.....Anointed111...How far?...Nna break ur goodnews here before u go drink beer like Dr jay jare grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 11:28am On Dec 12, 2013
ChriGo: .....Anointed111...How far?...Nna break ur goodnews here before u go drink beer like Dr jay jare grin....
Loolz grin They will send him back to vfs to get his document before 3pm guess we will hear from him by night

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2013
Trv loading-----------------> 0%........mtcheeeeeewwwww!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 11:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Na wao!!! Trv loading----tin tim tin tim tin tim------------------ 10%
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tonybunor(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
ChriGo: .....Tonyrero....sorry Tonybunor grin......PM dis fresh dude www.nairaland.com/kclexa .....he's going for same course and same school.... he will scarta u with the info u need about the course......as for the coop, its always advisable to go for course with coop.... coop exposes u to work life in ur course area ....its more like the IT we do Here in Naija...wia u get to work for some months......the coop also counts as a credit unit as part of ur course curriculum ......and u know some employers might wanna employ based on work experience....that's the bonus coop gives u......bro most computer related courses get coop.....

www.nairaland.com/kclexa bross i don try reach u, but ur number aint registered to ur nairaland acc. abeg could u kindly dm me ur email or u can pls contact me on tonybunor@gmail.com i need ur help on some issues...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
buchi4med: @Britiko u spoke wisely, but that guy is not meant to be on this forum. This is one of the Nigerian guys that indulges in illegal business in abroad therefore tarnishes the image of innocent Nigerian in diaspora. I just expressed my feelings towards his odd intentions on the beneficiaries of this forum. Nigeria can never be good if we continue to encourage crimes by being nonchalant at things that seem COMMON but so SERIOUS. Thank you

Thanks for ur understanding. I know ow u feel.
And I do not support nigerians in diaspora indulging in illegal business thereby jeopardising d future of genuine intending immigrants.( U can confirm from my previous posts).
However, my point is u can pass ur message across in a subtle but candid manner without names calling.
May God help us all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
britiko:

Thanks for ur understanding. I know ow u feel.
And I do not support nigerians in diaspora indulging in illegal business thereby jeopardising d future of genuine intending immigrants.( U can confirm from my previous posts).
However, my point is u can pass ur message across in a subtle but candid manner without names calling.
May God help us all.
Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Have any U.G student been delayed visa b4?just want to know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
I am not satisfied that u would leave Canada at the end of ur stay.

Have surfficient available financial resources.

Ur family ties in Canada and home country.

Purpose of visit.

Lenght of propose stay in Canada

My application was rejected base on the above reasons.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
ahmedonia4real: I am not satisfied that u would leave Canada at the end of ur stay.

Have surfficient available financial resources.

Ur family ties in Canada and home country.

Purpose of visit.

Lenght of propose stay in Canada

My application was rejected base on the above reasons.
Bro it is well...my advise is 2 take care of any of d reasons above that applies 2 ur application. It is a delay nd noffin but a delay. It is well bro...what course,level and school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ambeyh: Have any U.G student been delayed visa b4?just want to know.
....God don catch u bro...Storm u no gree storm...now embassy no dey gree storming as from next week...communication through emails only...Make u sit ya asss home and wait for them to dispatch ur passport......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
tonybunor: @nasdaQ and @ChriGo God bless u guys but pls how diffucult is it for some one to get into Concordia University College of Alberta to sturdy Master of Information Systems Security Management heard there r not prospects for me in canada after school... and pls i would need ur help on this co-op tin most computer science related courses dont have it and my agent is saying i need a course that has it in other to get a job in canada after school... im very sorry for these annoying questions but a young broda needs help

Most master's program in Canada are partly funded by the Government, so selection are mostly based on merit and competition is usually tough too because more and more people are applying from other countries too with veru high CGPA; if you meet the requirement and can package a good application (research statement/statement of intent) you might be chosen.

Whatever is being recommended to you, be sure to do your own personal research on possible job opportunities when making a choice of course and school to attend - a simple online research would help. From experience, I know your past job experience is a stronger factor in getting a job with a Masters degree than your Masters degree certificate.

Also, it's important to know what are your chances of integrating into Canada as a permanent resident (if you want to) when making your choices - that is a very important thing to consider/know too if going the student route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
At lasttttt ooooooooooo baba God don hear my cry ooo ..my medics don park oooooo..buh E cum wif further instructions sha..Na 4 embassy. Dem gve me all the forms o..I give God all the praise..I submitted 26 of Aug paper rout...All medical hopefulls I pray God would make it out out on time..I jesus name

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.