Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609863 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Krysstofa: Is the CAD15/hr before or after tax deduction?
Actually, it is Australian Dollar (AUD) not Canadian's, it's greater than CAD a little ...and it's before tax deduction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Krysstofa(m): 12:01am On Jul 07, 2014
Oh! Thanks for pointing that out. What's Canada's figure? Also do you know of anyone heading to Newfoundland Labrador?
Amefrica: Actually, it is Australian Dollar (AUD) not Canadian's, it's greater than CAD a little ...and it's before tax deduction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by OtunbaJega: 1:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Krysstofa: Oh! Thanks for pointing that out. What's Canada's figure? Also do you know of anyone heading to Newfoundland Labrador?

I know two guys heading to NFLD dis fall

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Krysstofa(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2014
Are they on Nairaland?
OtunbaJega:

I know two guys heading to NFLD dis fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2014
Krysstofa: Oh! Thanks for pointing that out. What's Canada's figure? Also do you know of anyone heading to Newfoundland Labrador?
Canada's minimum wage should be around $(CAD)11-13/hr.. Parisbluefox, Dr Pak, Halle2, Rawlizo etc are all headed to N&L.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by 1jboi: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
Hello House,

Please is it compulsory to have cash in you statements sent to embassy after one has paid the full tuition fees, accommodation and feeding for the program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
1jboi: Hello House,

Please is it compulsory to have cash in you statements sent to embassy after one has paid the full tuition fees, accommodation and feeding for the program.
yes of course. They need to know if you have sufficient funds in the acc. N:B THere must be good inflow & outflow in that acc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by 1jboi: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks. Like how much do you suggest after paying roughly 3m for tuition accommodation and feeding allowance.

lymelyte: yes of course. They need to know if you have sufficient funds in the acc. N:B THere must be good inflow & outflow in that acc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by misturchris(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: ....No be CPEX you wan do?.....Okay come work na.....when workload hit you like trailer, nobody go tell you what to do grin.....to be frank with you my brother.....its either you choose between getting good grades or working.....with the workload here, you can't do both.....and the kinda jobs here in Sarnia ain't worth ur failure in sch bro....the pay isn't even up to the minimum wage($11)....only few places pay the minimum wage and its time consuming....you can work during long breaks depending on ur course schedule and besides you get coop opportunity in between ur course work.....i no need say much, come here and witness it ursef grin.........

Jesu!!!! na ICTX i dey come for though. but i am sure the workload is the same. Diariz God oh. well no p. I think ICTX shld also have coop term. Thanks oga boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by decraig(m): 9:03am On Jul 07, 2014
Haustraliah:
firstly, you introduce yourself,
Academic background,
Why do you wish to study in Canada in the
program for which you have been accepted?
What is your overall educational goal?
Why are you not pursuing a similar program in
your country of residence?
What research have you done into studies in
your country of residence/citizenship?
How will this program enhance your
employment opportunities in your country of residence/
citizenship?
What ties do you have to your country of
residence/
citizenship?
If it has been more than 2 years since you have
left full time education, please provide your C.V.
(resumé)
In the case of a minor applicant, what are your
reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’/
guardians’
immigration status in their current country of
residence?

thanks haustraliah am so much grateful for ur help already working on it. @all is anybody in the house heading towards Conestoga college?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: Canada's minimum wage should be around $(CAD)11-13/hr.. Parisbluefox, Dr Pak, Halle2, Rawlizo etc are all headed to N&L.

@Oga Chrigo n Amefrica, how possible is it to work n study in Brandon, Manitoba. Is it possible to meet up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
@Oga Chrigo n Amefrica, how possible is it to work n study in Brandon, Manitoba. Is it possible to meet up?
It all depends on you. ... and your academic prowess. People do work and study, but remember you're there to study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2014
Minimum should be 5mill
1jboi:
Thanks. Like how much do you suggest after paying roughly 3m for tuition accommodation and feeding allowance.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: It all depends on you. ... and your academic prowess. People do work and study, but remember you're there to study.
Tanx. So for an above average student in Nigeria, its possible to work for d permited 20hrs a week rite?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by funmi14: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Good day,
Hi, mtxatx... can I have your contact no/email, wonna ask you a question.
Thanks.
mine... funmiyiyinola at gmail dot com

mtxatx:

Yes... what course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zola20ng: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
good day,please i want to ask this question,
as a Nigerian can i apply for my student visa fro ghana due to the long duration of the process in Nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
....You can study and work anywhere....but doing sch and work at the same time is murder.....If you be Eruku!!! then do am grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
misturchris:

Jesu!!!! na ICTX i dey come for though. but i am sure the workload is the same. Diariz God oh. well no p. I think ICTX shld also have coop term. Thanks oga boss
....Even if na PDP u wan come study grin....e no easy to combine study and work at the same time....Its murder man.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: ....Even if na PDP u wan come study grin....e no easy to combine study and work at the same time....Its murder man.....
how person go come dey see money buy food stuffs and maintain body cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
This week,hoping for good news on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kesseva: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hi everyone am new here due ve been reading lots of post for some time nw, my experience with the Canadian embassy has been a though one, submitted my application Oct 22 did medical Jan 22 and was delayed until 3 July because my medical file had another number from the one at the embassy after so much delay my agent had to go to the clinic to rectify this mix up, guys you won't believe my medical that has been causing delay has been lying in the embassy because they didn't know the owner, well this issue was solved in June and now my processed passport has been picked up by my agent today 7th of July can't wait to hear the news, I hope it's good cos 9 months wait nor be child's play
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
lassky:
how person go come dey see money buy food stuffs and maintain body cry cry
.....Its a trade off man....its either you trade off ur grades in sch to work or you trade off work to study, get good grades and get a good job at the end of your study.....here in my sch...if you fail a course, you get to pay $1000 to redo the course....if you fail the course as a result of the menial job you do, then what would be ur gain if you have to remove a thousand dollar from it ? knowing fully well that the amount you're earning per month is not even up to $2000....some course are even pre-requiste to another course in another semester so if you do not pass it, you get to pay another full tuition fee since you're a full time student(It happened recently to a guy in my Class)....the workload in school is massive and i bet you'll barely have time to do assignments,study for test and exams,do presentations,do labs.....even if you manage to pass the course, you end up with poor grades in ur courses which results to low CGPA at the end of your course....Now that you have low CGPA, do you think employers will employ you?....you might just get stuck doing that menial job you've been doing till God knows when so its your choice man grin.....Like i said earlier, you can always work during long breaks and make cool cash for yourself......but don't make the mistake of choosing to juggle sch work and work work at the same time......Its murder grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: ....You can study and work anywhere....but doing sch and work at the same time is murder.....If you be Eruku!!! then do am grin.....

hahahahaha6aha. Oga chrigo pls i sent u a pm,pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
hahahahaha6aha. Oga chrigo pls i sent u a pm,pls reply
....Make we yan here....i no too dey check my emails cuz na massive mail dey dia....I can't juggle that with my massive workload here in sch grin.....i can only peep through here and respond if possible......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
kesseva: Hi everyone am new here due ve been reading lots of post for some time nw, my experience with the Canadian embassy has been a though one, submitted my application Oct 22 did medical Jan 22 and was delayed until 3 July because my medical file had another number from the one at the embassy after so much delay my agent had to go to the clinic to rectify this mix up, guys you won't believe my medical that has been causing delay has been lying in the embassy because they didn't know the owner, well this issue was solved in June and now my processed passport has been picked up by my agent today 7th of July can't wait to hear the news, I hope it's good cos 9 months wait nor be child's play

Hi bro I submitted 2nd of june and I was given tracking IDwhen I checked this was the reply Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.20140602GHANSTUt61235– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 02/07/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please. call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website I av gone there they av not receive it what can I do coz the skool is resuming on september.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
ChriGo: ....Make we yan here....i no too dey check my emails cuz na massive mail dey dia....I can't juggle that with my massive workload here in sch grin.....i can only peep through here and respond if possible......
ok bro. The issue is dat most pple tink dat workin while studying in canada is easy,but frm wat u just said now,u really av a point, its either u choose excellent grades or u choose work! My question is, if one works fervently during holidays, do u tink one can meet up with major expenses?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akosh005: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hassan0007:

Hi bro I submitted 2nd of june and I was given tracking IDwhen I checked this was the reply Your Passport Status
Visa application, tracking ID No.20140602GHANSTUt61235– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 02/07/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please. call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website I av gone there they av not receive it what can I do coz the skool is resuming on september.

Did u received an email b4 dis status change
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by UzoTheZone: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
kesseva: Hi everyone am new here due ve been reading lots of post for some time nw, my experience with the Canadian embassy has been a though one, submitted my application Oct 22 did medical Jan 22 and was delayed until 3 July because my medical file had another number from the one at the embassy after so much delay my agent had to go to the clinic to rectify this mix up, guys you won't believe my medical that has been causing delay has been lying in the embassy because they didn't know the owner, well this issue was solved in June and now my processed passport has been picked up by my agent today 7th of July can't wait to hear the news, I hope it's good cos 9 months wait nor be child's play

Wow, 9 months. May your wait be crowned with good news!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 3:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Don't you worry it will be good news

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
ok bro. The issue is dat most pple tink dat workin while studying in canada is easy,but frm wat u just said now,u really av a point, its either u choose excellent grades or u choose work! My question is, if one works fervently during holidays, do u tink one can meet up with major expenses?
....Yes you can meet up with major expenses depending on the pay.....if you earn $20/hr and above then you should....but if na $7 or $11 then you really can't meet up with major expenses...na bills(rent,phone,food e.t.c) go chop am all grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
emperoracro:
ok bro. The issue is dat most pple tink dat workin while studying in canada is easy,but frm wat u just said now,u really av a point, its either u choose excellent grades or u choose work! My question is, if one works fervently during holidays, do u tink
emperoracro:

one can meet up with major expenses?

No bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.