Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610412 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2014
bodmas3000: guys weldone i am just set to submi my application paper route i applied for september session am going Practical Elements of mechanical engineering into Fanshawe college,but the issue is i have two sponsor my brother the main sponsor didnt drop his bank acc statement maybe because is out of country but my uncle helped me with his own he is with dangote ,hope this issue will not have any negative effect?
Can't say ooooo,my fellow nairalander can help on that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by owenizes(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2014
oghos2k: must one pay school fees before applying for a visa?
It is not compulsory though some people see it as a criteria. Some people still get denied even after paying school fees so the choice is yours. But I paid mine... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Morning bro. So sorry about the delay. Well, some peeps have rightly pointed out that you need a Statement of Purpose.Your admission letter is not sufficient to show your purpose, you need to state your career interests, goals and plans.As regards the financial aspect, you may have to write convincing reasons for someone sponsoring you in your SOP, considering that you're a married man who is expected to be independent. If you can, I will advise you get the sponsorship money from your uncle's account and add it to your own account, then make a bank draft.Your Uncle can also draw the draft in your favour.Again, since you stated that you're working, employment letter isn't enough-provide your pay slips and study leave letter.If you have land documents, add them.Fix any other thing with your SOP.
God will see to your success. Cheers.
dannydolly: My application was refused today. Reasons; purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in your country of residence, your current employment situation and your personal assets and financial situation.

Pls house is there anything that can be changed or included to re-apply. I submitted admission letter (going for nursing as a second degree), sponsors documents (business reg docs) and statement of account 6m plus, appointment letter, personal statement of account (1.9m), first degree cert and transcript, O'level cert, marriage cert and kids' birth cert, pension cert and statement (700k+), and taxi cab docs in my name.
Please help a brother good people of the house.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2014
Siga: .... Have u tried it out? Besides... where u wan see employer wey go allow u work just 3hrs a day? Depending on your program... Have u factor in group assignments... projects... or u think your group members will wait for you to finish work ? Think hard my people... It depends on your program of choice... During my time I worked full time and school but I got lucky as my group is filled with friends that got my back anytime... lucky me... Go work factory and tell me how u feel after...

I worked and studied in the UK and besides, i saw school vacancy which is a call centre and it offers 3 hours daily on rotation. I am saying what i know.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
ChriGo: ....Hmmm!!!!....Shines teeth @bolded grin.....
I worked at Amazon in the UK during my undergrad, it was tough, i was on weekend shift only and weekdays I stayed overnight sometimes in the Library to catch up with assignments. it is tideous, yes but not impossible and I did come out tops in my class. I am not saying it is easy, all i am saying is it is possible. I checked some school vacancies in Canada and they had a call centre that runs 3 hour shifts after classes so I am saying what i researched.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2014
abisolmi:
I worked at Amazon in the UK during my undergrad, it was tough, i was on weekend shift only and weekdays I stayed overnight sometimes in the Library to catch up with assignments. it is tideous, yes but not impossible and I did come out tops in my class. I am not saying it is easy, all i am saying is it is possible. I checked some school vacancies in Canada and they had a call centre that runs 3 hour shifts after classes so I am saying what i researched.
You're spot on! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jul 08, 2014
emperoracro:
@Oga Chrigo n Amefrica, how possible is it to work n study in Brandon, Manitoba. Is it possible to meet up?

It defends on what you need the money for, working to pay rent, bills and fees is hell on earth, done it for years in the UK and i can write a book on my experiences.

Working for extra cash wouldn't hurt you that much because you are not under any financial pressure, if you are depending on your weekly pay for your bills then your studies will suffer because there is no job security and you could be out of job and penniless anytime.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fabuloustee(f): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2014
Haustraliah:
On arrival,you will surely get a nairalander
Secondly, online payment is the best option,it will exempt you from unnecessary charges and its fast.
home stay or rent a house,it depends in your choice, people can't decide for you on that.
thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fabuloustee(f): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2014
owenizes: All your questions have to do with choice despite they all have advantages and disadvantages. Firstly I personally will recommend the online platform for tuition fee payment because mine was successful with a master card, it is equally faster when it comes to getting a receipt in case you want to apply for visa instantly with it. The merchants/school will also have to support this form of payment to be successful. As for the home stay it is cheaper than renting your own crib but it still depends on your kind of person in terms of privacy and stuff like that.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fabuloustee(f): 10:43am On Jul 08, 2014
yomiraheem:

////////////////
Heeeey, my partner at last! I am going to Niagara january 2015. But meeehn, I don deyav a rethink to defer cos of sponsors soa tin. I'll advice a bank transfer and will advice u rent a house. Although paying ur tuition and accomodation: homestay fit help ur application.
thanks dear, the Lord will perfect everything about the sponsorship or the TRV, u are gonna be in Niagara by January
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Egonekwu: 10:52am On Jul 08, 2014
Chrisviral!!!!!!! Am interested in you!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2014
Gudluck to anyone that can combine both. Experience is the better teacher. All the best
abisolmi:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2014
If I may ask, are u employed somewhere else or just self-employed? When u come here to study, how will ur family survive or are there finances in place for them?
This should be explained in your affidavit
Also a well written sop will.help, try to send it to peeps before u apply.
All the best
dannydolly: My application was refused today. Reasons; purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in your country of residence, your current employment situation and your personal assets and financial situation.

Pls house is there anything that can be changed or included to re-apply. I submitted admission letter (going for nursing as a second degree), sponsors documents (business reg docs) and statement of account 6m plus, appointment letter, personal statement of account (1.9m), first degree cert and transcript, O'level cert, marriage cert and kids' birth cert, pension cert and statement (700k+), and taxi cab docs in my name.
Please help a brother good people of the house.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

It defends on what you need the money for, working to pay rent, bills and fees is hell on earth, done it for years in the UK and i can write a book on my experiences.

Working for extra cash wouldn't hurt you that much because you are not under any financial pressure, if you are depending on your weekly pay for your bills then your studies will suffer because there is no job security and you could be out of job and penniless anytime.

ok tanx, i undastand d scenerio. Its nt totally easy to work n study n also its nt totally impossible. It all depends on the student, d sch n d work load. Thanks all for ur contributions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
emperoracro:
ok tanx, i undastand d scenerio. Its nt totally easy to work n study n also its nt totally impossible. It all depends on the student, d sch n d work load. Thanks all for ur contributions.

....yes and the temptation of working more than your visa allows you for more money.....lands you in an immigration hot water.

Good luck though.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dannydolly: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
missbon: If I may ask, are u employed somewhere else or just self-employed? When u come here to study, how will ur family survive or are there finances in place for them?
This should be explained in your affidavit
Also a well written sop will.help, try to send it to peeps before u apply.
All the best

I'm employed (public servant) majorly into emergency and rescue management. I added my appointment letter, payslip and introduction letter from work. On family survival, I'm leaving the cab for them which brings a weekly income and my wife is also running her biz.

@all... Thanks so much for the advice. I will work better on the sop. On the finances, Guess I need to add a co-sponsor but what's the excess of adding a co-sponsor who is not really sponsoring. Is it adviseable to do that at all just to get the trv? My uncle that is really sponsoring me gave me all the necessary documents including the affidavit of sponsorship and he has no dependant which was also stated there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello good people, has anyone here gotten admission into a canadian university on full or partial scholarship. Please I need a list of good schools in canada that offer financial grant
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
My fellow nairalander i have interest in applying to lampton college must i apply through agent here in Nigeria.please i need a response .thanks.i have gotten admission niagara college but its expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
justwise:

....yes and the temptation of working more than your visa allows you for more money.....lands you in an immigration hot water.

Good luck though.
hahahhahahahahhahahaha. U ar rite! Tanx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
vinnygod:
Do u refer to mai question? If "yes" is ur answer base on personal experience? Or just a mere opinion.....sorry, I have mai reasons for asking

Once u pay online, you will get the receipt that will enable u apply for your TRV instantly... Read posts 322
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
PLEASE OOO MAKE PERSON LIST THE THINGS (DOCUMENTS AND FEES) I WILL NEED THAT WILL ENABLE ME OBTAIN MY TRV ABEG! NA GOD NAME I DEY USE BEG UNA!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by monp: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Please I have 2 questions.
can one change course from specific management course to a more general management course when re-applying following visa refusal

2. Do you need to put the reason for switching in the SOP. I.e why a new course or
is switching a big No No

Will appreciate anyone who has first or second hand info on course switching after visa refusal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by monp: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Or does anyone have a link to where this topic was previously discussed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by monp: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
Pls I need a response as a matter of urgency
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
If u can state all.this things in the affidavit it will help, pls work on ur sop very well. The reasons for ur refusal is all about u not ur sponsor so pls fix ur own end. If possible add ur wife's business docx. Or anything to show that she will take care of things when you are away. If u must add a co-sponsor.pls use a relative. All the best
dannydolly:

I'm employed (public servant) majorly into emergency and rescue management. I added my appointment letter, payslip and introduction letter from work. On family survival, I'm leaving the cab for them which brings a weekly income and my wife is also running her biz.

@all... Thanks so much for the advice. I will work better on the sop. On the finances, Guess I need to add a co-sponsor but what's the excess of adding a co-sponsor who is not really sponsoring. Is it adviseable to do that at all just to get the trv? My uncle that is really sponsoring me gave me all the necessary documents including the affidavit of sponsorship and he has no dependant which was also stated there.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
vinnygod: Hello @ all....please is anyone heading to or already in university of ottawa? Please your opinion is needed on this qestn:- what payment method did u use to pay for your university fees?

[quote author=awe2015]Online payment is the best bro...for school fees

[quote author=vinnygod]
Do u refer to mai question? If "yes" is ur answer base on personal experience? Or just a mere opinion.....sorry, I have mai reasons for asking

[quote author=awe2015]Once u pay online, you will get the receipt that will enable u apply for your TRV instantly... Read posts 322

@awe...see! every1 mustn't drop comment to a question specially when you've no idea on what the answer to the qestn demands.aviod miss-guided info.

Thanks for commenting though,......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
You are free to change ur course.when writing ur sop, everything should be geared towards the new intended course. U don't need to state that yr switching courses
monp: Please I have 2 questions.
can one change course from specific management course to a more general management course when re-applying following visa refusal

2. Do you need to put the reason for switching in the SOP. I.e why a new course or
is switching a big No No

Will appreciate anyone who has first or second hand info on course switching after visa refusal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by abisolmi(f): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
conyema12: Hey guys, I got admitted into Univ of Alberta for Msc programme in Integrated Petroleum Geosciences for this Fall. But I don't think I will make it, the reason being that I currently do not have enough money to embark on the project.

How possible is it to defer to Fall of 2015 to enable me get financially prepared for the programme.

Do I write the school to notify them?

What can I use as the best reason for the deferment?

thanks

Aww! heading that way, would have loved to meet someone right from Nigeria. I got a mail from school stating that you should notify them of deferal by September and that you can defer for a year only i.e fall 2014 to fall 2015 - departments might defer but i think the rules should generally be thesame.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
abisolmi:
Totally true...I currently work in a Pharmacy...and l do three hours daily...I think what we might need to cut down on...is frivolous times spent on social media...to be able to accommodate such work plus school time...but like Chrigo said...I will not advise jumping into working just because you have work authorization....please...the "assignments" are killing. ...secure your acada first....cos if you trade 10bucks per hour for good grades. ... lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
5th june applicant still waiting for medical call up. @Amefrica hafa with u any response yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by derin86: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
@fabuloustee would love to v ur contact- email addy, or smthn in case u dnt wanna gve out ur numba. am a Niagara College prospect like u 4 winter 2015. Tanx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.