Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Tweaking Google Analytics Code To Fix Bounce Rate - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tweaking Google Analytics Code To Fix Bounce Rate (564 Views)

Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" / 5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate / How Can I Solve This Issue Of Which I'm Experiencing In My G Analytics Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tweaking Google Analytics Code To Fix Bounce Rate by mavtrevor(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
A study of the Google Analytics code shows that Google’s main parameter is the trackPageview function, Google expects your visitor to visit at least more than a page on your site before leaving else they’ll term it a bounce visit.

But such is not always applicable, in a case whereby a visitor landed on a product description page or about us page of a company and gets all the information he is looking for on that page before leaving without having to visit any other page, such page has met the expectation of the visitor, should such visit be included as a bounce visit?

So here is how to adjust Google Analytics code not to record a visit as bounce provided the visitor interacted with the page either by scrolling or spending some time on your site even if he leaves after reading just one page.

(1) (Reply)

Fmf.gov.ng Hacked / Learn Website Designing Live Online And Offline With Ease No Access Fee / Now That Am Selling This Website......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.