Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,254 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" (2781 Views)

Semalt: What Does Darodar Mean In Google Analytics? / Google Analytics: Is A High Bounce Rate Bad? / Google Analytics Showing Strange Referal Urls I.e .xyz .ml .lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by HarshS(m): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
I wish this is a good place to post this issue and someone here might be able to give a solution what I'm looking for.

Normally most of us use google analytics to monitor the traffic of our site. From last few days, I've seen unusual activity at my site- I can't tell what page, all it says is that the active referral is "claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org". When I tried visiting that site, I got redirected to "http://www.alibestsale.com" which is not related to the site. This is all the information I have.

I don't know enough about what all those things mean to know what is going on, but the referral being called, "copyright claims" makes me think I need to at least be sure it's nothing. I'm doing the google search but still searching.

Can anyone provide some guidance?
Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by oteneaaron(m): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yes bro...sorri about dat...the solution is to block the Ip of the address....its just some blackhat SEO coys dat use dese fake links....it deceives u in thinking ur website has a lotta visitors.....anoda is floatingsocialbuttons.com ......so just add de link a blcklist tin ur analytics dashboard. I will post some screen grabs...or maybe a video to help u latter........right m caught up in a traffic jam....don't panic ..it happens to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by DOCTORDONE: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ensure you are not infringing on any copyright. Before you block the ip of the site, make sure you visit the site to get acquianted with their services. You can also write them.
Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by HarshS(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thanks a lot, @oteneaaron, your suggestion seems to work for me and I would do as suggested. But dear buddy, should I do it using my ".htaccess" file or can you suggest some alternative to filtering the IP?

Next, thanks @DOCTORDONE as well, your point is completely right. That's why I had verified my site content against plagiarism.

Additionally, some of my friends also told me that the site "claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" is actually a referrer to another site which spammer use to promote. They (spammers) somehow manage to manipulate the analytics data of other blogs or sites. And that is one of the reasons the link like I mentioned appears in the analytics data.
Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by HarshS(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
I found one article through google to resolve this fake copyright spam problem which resolved my issue to some extent. Just want to share it with the members.
http://www.howwhenwhat.com/stop-remove-copyrightclaims-org-referral-spam-google-analytics/

1 Like

Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by BBNindian(m): 3:00am On Nov 16, 2015
This referral spam traffic disturbing every webmaster. You can follow www.howwhenwhat.com to remove copyrightclaims traffic from google analytics.

1 Like

Re: Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" by HarshS(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2015
Thanks so much @BBNindian. I also found this site, I think it should have much more than I expect. Will dig it more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only A Math Genius Can Solve This Puzzle Can YOU? / Lagosian.com / My First International Web Design Project *happy*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.