Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (26440 Views)

Nairaland Educatn Section End Of The Year Party Planning Thread / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by UjSizzle(f): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Illuminatus:
That would be too authocratic.
It's supposed to hasten the whole process and prevent the multiplicity of accounts that'll suddenly pop out of the blues.

Fynestboi, a lot of those topics aren't particularly mind boggling.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
It's supposed to hasten the whole process and prevent the multiplicity of accounts that'll suddenly pop out of the blues.

Fynestboi, a lot of those topics aren't particularly mind boggling.
then pick just two you think are mind boggling...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
I understand we have more than one moderators on this section. Where are the others? Or is this the personal project of the OP?

I think at this point, we should all encourage the OP by bringing suggestions to the table. Other debate threads might help like HBG suggested, but then i believe, we can do something better than the previous ones.

OP, pls be open to suggestions and don't just accept what you think is right. Also, desist from saying, "This is what i must do...no going back."

God bless.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Suggested topics so far...

1. Strike: A wrong approach to Nigeria education problems.

2. ASUU: To be or not?

3. SINGLE SEX SCHOOLS ARE GOOD FOR EDUCATION

4. Children need to be exposed to the opposite sex in preparation for later life.

5.University education should be free.

6. Science is a threat to humanity.

7. It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech.

8. Is Religion Part of the Problem In Nigerian Politics?

9. Nigeria Isn't Practising Democracy. True or False?

10. Childhood Experience Is Responsible For How People Turn Out?

11. Cloning: Right or Wrong?

12. Negligence of The Education Sector Is Responsible For The Present State of The Nation.

13. Should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

14. single sex schools are better than mixed sex schools

15.corruption is better compared to armed robbery in Nigeria

16. Conversion of all polytechnics to universities will create more harm than good.

17. scrapping courses in Humanities and Arts in Nigerian Universities to reduce mass unemployment.

18. "Nigeria Education should take 20% of annual budget

19. " Nigeria private universities should be non-profit institutions.

20. Nigerian student to learn french.

21. Genuises are born not made.

22. ASUU STRIKE : FG OR ASUU, WHO IS TO BR BLAMED?

23. Primary child educators, teachers or parents?

24. MASS FAILURE IN THE 2013 UTME,WHO TO BE BLAMED?

25.ASUU strike a threat to nigeria education.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: Just pick two topics from the list,its nt a most u select your own topic, go through the list and give us two topics...

Any other post apart from suggesting two topics from the listed ones would be hidden... Our judges can take part at this point.....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
I also need to understand why we have 7, 8 , 9, 11 and 15 on the list? What correlation do they have with education? Pls i need an explanation. Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta: I also need to understand why we have 7, 8 , 9, 11 and 15 on the list? What correlation do they have with education? Pls i need an explanation. Thank you.
thats why i ask u and others to pick two... From the list, those are suggestion, and its open to any topics...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: Just pick two topics from the list,its nt a most u select your own topic, go through the list and give us two topics...

Any other post apart from suggesting two topics from the listed ones would be hidden... Our judges can take part at this point.....

I don't know why i find the bolded funny. Are you for real? You still need to attend to raised issues so that we call all be on the same page.

Well...to each his own. Suit yourself. I have no topics. Others should pls pick two topics.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta:

I don't know why i find the bolded funny. Are you for real? You still need to attend to raised issues so that we call all be on the same page.

Well...to each his own. Suit yourself. I have no topics. Others should pls pick two topics.
there s a reason why i asked judges to pick with audience/viewer you would get to undastand soon, or do you have any other thing to add or maybe suggestion...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok let me take the lead...

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by GSKing: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2013

8. Is Religion Part Of The Problem In Nigerian Politics?

21. Geniuses Are born Not Made.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Preferably indicate using the numbers....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Danjuma827(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
MY best two topics are: 14 and 24
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Indicate your topics using their numbers.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: Preferably indicate your topics using the numbers....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by quivah(f): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
20 and 13....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
klenzjoshua: I got an idea fynest and others on how u can choose the best topic: since there is 23 topics, choose two topics against each other and ask people to vote against it till u get to the last two. E.g. A vrs B. Choose oone
good idea... Bt that would come in after this selection so you also can pick two
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Ifyx(m): 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
11 & 18
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by dapsondou(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'd go for these
13. Should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria
Universities?
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by UjSizzle(f): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: then pick just two you think are mind boggling...
This process is tedious.

7 (dnt see the correlation but i'd like to read what pple have to say about it)

8 (very technical smiley )
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
@dap modify your post and indicating the topics using their numbering....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by dapsondou(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
13 & 25
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
This process is tedious.

7 (dnt see the correlation but i'd like to read what pple have to say about it)

8 (very technical smiley )
tedious?? It just a way of dropping some of the topics....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: Suggested topics so far...

1. Strike: A wrong approach to Nigeria education problems.

2. ASUU: To be or not?

3. SINGLE SEX SCHOOLS ARE GOOD FOR EDUCATION

4. Children need to be exposed to the opposite sex in preparation for later life.

5.University education should be free.

6. Science is a threat to humanity.

7. It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech.

8. Is Religion Part of the Problem In Nigerian Politics?

9. Nigeria Isn't Practising Democracy. True or False?

10. Childhood Experience Is Responsible For How People Turn Out?

11. Cloning: Right or Wrong?

12. Negligence of The Education Sector Is Responsible For The Present State of The Nation.

13. Should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

14. single sex schools are better than mixed sex schools

15.corruption is better compared to armed robbery in Nigeria

16. Conversion of all polytechnics to universities will create more harm than good.

17. scrapping courses in Humanities and Arts in Nigerian Universities to reduce mass unemployment.

18. "Nigeria Education should take 20% of annual budget

19. " Nigeria private universities should be non-profit institutions.

20. Nigerian student to learn french.

21. Genuises are born not made.

22. ASUU STRIKE : FG OR ASUU, WHO IS TO BR BLAMED?

23. Primary child educators, teachers or parents?

24. MASS FAILURE IN THE 2013 UTME,WHO TO BE BLAMED?

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
10 13
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by dekunmi007(f): 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
4. & 10..
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Caracta(f): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
12 & 23

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (38) (Reply)

Kwara Muslim Parents Protest Against Rejection Of Hijab-Wearing Students / Photo Of Lost And Found NECO Certificate / 2022 Unity School Cut Off Marks State By State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.