Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) (27609 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Second Edition Winner::FUNAAB -Congratulations- / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nairaland InterSchoolDebate SECOND EDITION (PLANNING THREAD)

Despite NISD enormous phenomenon and impact we still hit at few loopholes which was much pellucid and easy to point out, to this end we have soughted out to fill up the loop holes to prevent reoccurence of such lackings that might panout to loopholes again.

The ever clarion call we received on the first edition was the long time frame it took the debate to run which so many of our audience see as a negative side to the success of the debate, which was a congent one, merely philosophizing about how the time strain affected the debate is nothing but REAL, at a point in time, audience thought the debate would end up been a naught grand outcome, even our debaters became weary, bored and tired of continuing, but all things be said, the debate was able to stand strong admist all this wavering storm engineered by THE TIME FACTOR.

Nonetheless going by this quote of mine"i have learned to use my former mistake as a tool to drive home my next action", this second edìtion will be thouroughly and carefully plan to prevent it from wearing out our debaters and audience.

Tentative PlAN.

To all schools that wished to join in the debate are all welcome as many as possible, hence a qualifying round been stage for all with the strongest 8 schools admist all, to proceed to the next stage where the real game will begin.

This is just a tentative plan subject to change base on our joint plan. So come in let plan a big one this time for the glory of Nairaland.

Coordinators gap is open if you wish to join NISD.CORD.

I remain you humble dude.
Fynestboi.

Rep your school in the link below this thread is made for suggestions of topics and ideas.

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1870827/nairaland-interschool-debate-participation-thread

e.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Odunharry(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
#Team lasu
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Odunharry(m): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Greatessst Nigeriann Student
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
I rep Nairaland University. cool cool
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony: I rep Nairaland University. cool cool

For planning not for REPPING SIR.

Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Tosdam(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2014
Nice one, it is nice to be here again to learn from the adept writers and the Judges that will make the second edition animate. NISD is one of the most educating online competition in Nigeria. I need to commend the ideology adopted to carve the innate skills of young growing writers and turning the minds of apathy students against writing. All is worth encouraging.

Being part of the audience that was acquainted with each round of the first edition , I will use this time to bring light on the achilles heel as you have noted in your post too. It obvious that one of the faulty side of the competition is the duration at which it takes to end. The long time involved made it boring and cause some audience to pool out if not contestant.

My advice goes further and remains a suggestion. I think there shouldn't be a qualifying stage, any school that register has earned an automatic qualification and should be schedule for a knockout stage which will serve as an en route to semi final and lastly final.

This will make the whole thing less cumbersome and as well make those who will be engaged in their school activities less tensed because this is not the harvest of ASUU.

Thank U
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2014
Tosdam: Nice one, it is nice to be here again to learn from the adept writers and the Judges that will make the second edition animate. NISD is one of the most educating online competition in Nigeria. I need to commend the ideology adopted to carve the innate skills of young growing writers and turning the minds of apathy students against writing. All is worth encouraging.

Being part of the audience that was acquainted with each round of the first edition , I will to use this time to bring light on the achilles heel as you have noted in your post too. It obvious that one of the faulty side of the competition is the duration at which it takes to end. The long time involved made it boring and cause some audience to pool out if not contestant.

My advice goes further and remains an objection. I think there shouldn't be a qualifying stage, any school that register has earned an automatic qualification and should be schedule for a knockout stage which will serve as an en route to semi final and lastly final.

This will make the whole thing less cumbersome and as well make those who will be engaged in their school activities less tensed because this is not the harvest of ASUU.

Thank U

Sage! Duly noted.

Keep them coming.

@bolded making the debate saturdays and sunday will be the best bet for now.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by agrovick(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2014
I'm in, after being part of the pilot edition, I'm definitely not missing the sophomore edition
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by IamDejman(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
God help me again...Let's do this but my probz is the word limit
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
IamDejman: God help me again...Let's do this but my probz is the word limit

Hmmmmm smiley
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
It has recently been discovered that a section of the Nigerian constitution does not allow youths ( below 40 years of age ) to contest for president of the country. President Jonathan advised youths to come up with a bill to the National Assembly to amend that section of the constitution in order to GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE.

I therefore suggest one of the topics for the debate should be

"The Nigerian Youth Can Make a Great President"

From the points raised by the debaters, nairaland can draft this bill and champion the course of the nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
ogbonnajoe: It has recently been discovered that a section of the Nigerian constitution does not allow youths ( below 40 years of age ) to contest for president of the country. President Jonathan advised youths to come up with a bill to the National Assembly to amend that section of the constitution in order to GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE.

I therefore suggest one of the topics for the debate should be

"The Nigerian Youth Can Make a Great President"

From the points raised by the debaters, nairaland can draft this bill and champion the course of the nigerian youth.

Wow i love this!

Keep them coming.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
Concerning a pre-qualification stage, in my own opinion it he'll to reduce the time-frame . But the pre-qualification stage should rather be at the zonal level which will produce two winners from each zone to participate for the National finals so that in all we will have 12 participants for the National Finals.........................

A participation thread should be opened for schools in each zone to indicate interest. Where the interested schools in a zone are more than 2, conduct a zonal competition to get two final winners, where they are just 2 they automatically qualify for the national finals.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
In debates, it is the disadvantages of a group that forms the advantages for the opponents and vis a vis .

the organizers should make it that:

"only the school representatives that began will continue and end their campaign as long as they remain in the competition".

This will help to prune down some critical situations and aid free flow of the competition.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
Noted!
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by damoskiy(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2014
Observing.....
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2014
damoskiy: Observing.....

Don't just observe, make an input.

Your contribution sure will help.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by damoskiy(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2014
ogbonnajoe:

Don't just observe, make an input.

Your contribution sure will help.
I would make my input know when I'm ready...just relax...
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by DEGREE2466(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2014
Fynestboi: Nairaland InterSchoolDebate SECOND EDITION (PLANNING THREAD)

Despite NISD enormous phenomenon and impact we still hit at few loopholes which was much pellucid and easy to point out, to this end we have soughted out to fill up the loop holes to prevent reoccurence of such lackings that might panout to loopholes again.

The ever clarion call we received on the first edition was the long time frame it took the debate to run which so many of our audience see as a negative side to the success of the debate, which was a congent one, merely philosophizing about how the time strain affected the debate is nothing but REAL, at a point in time, audience thought the debate would end up been a naught grand outcome, even our debaters became weary, bored and tired of continuing, but all things be said, the debate was able to stand strong admist all this wavering storm engineered by THE TIME FACTOR.

Nonetheless going by this quote of mine"i have learned to use my former mistake as a tool to drive home my next action", this second edìtion will be thouroughly and carefully plan to prevent it from wearing out our debaters and audience.

Tentative PlAN.

To all schools that wished to join in the debate are all welcome as many as possible, hence a qualifying round been stage for all with the strongest 8 schools admist all, to proceed to the next stage where the real game will begin.

This is just a tentative plan subject to change base on our joint plan. So come in let plan a big one this time for the glory of Nairaland.

Coordinators gap is open if you wish to join NISD.CORD.

I remain you humble dude.
Fynestboi.

Rep your school in the link below this thread is made for suggestions of topics and ideas.

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1870827/nairaland-interschool-debate-participation-thread

e.

how much is involve here
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
DEGREE2466:

how much is involve here

lipsrsealed
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by honeydear(f): 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Observing!
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Akposy(m): 3:24am On Aug 27, 2014
Great ideas! Though am not a gud writer but I wld rep my skul
#GreatDelsu
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2014
when is it going to hold?
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
@ fynestboi ............... What's up with the planning ??
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Fynestboi: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
ogbonnajoe: @ fynestboi ............... What's up with the planning ??

are you on whatapp? The plan is still going fine.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fynestboi:

are you on whatapp? The plan is still going fine.

Yes I am............... 08136850011
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 12, 2014
I Rep the Great Olabisi Onabanjo University.....#TeAmOOU!

Call me for more info.... +2347036624185.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
youngprofdguru: I Rep the Great Olabisi Onabanjo University.....#TeAmOOU!

Call me for more info.... +2347036624185.

Rep your school in the other thread not here.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 14, 2014
Fynesboi if u remember last year some school reps didn't turn becus dey didn't remember. So this my advice after d screening each rep should drop der e-mail address and if possible phone number. Then message should be sent to them at least 24hr before their debate.
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by chimhigher(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2014
JES PASSING BY
Re: NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) by ogbonnajoe(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
chimhigher: JES PASSING BY

Make sure you dont stop. Pass away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Relay Race: Father And Daughter Graduation Photos / Nigerian Students Enrollment In UK Universities Dropped By 39% Over Last 3 Years / Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.