Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Shooting Stars Finally Relegated - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shooting Stars Finally Relegated (11291 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by MrMcJay(m): 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Syenite:

And how is this sad news to naija football entirely? That part of the country is lacking in football talent, simple. Next season they need to buy players from across the Niger to come back to top flight football. ENYIMBA 4 LIFE!!!

Ever wondered why your side of the Niger only plays football but never administers the sport?

What we may lack in brawns, we surely make up for it in brains.

Now, who's the boss?
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
fineheart:

Who said it is only Enugu Rangers that have never been relegated before? Heartland of Owerri (right from when they were called Spartans of Owerri to Iwuanyanwu Nationale) have NEVER been relegated before as well.

By the way, what is special about 3SC? They have been relegated many times in past and will continue to suffer the same fate so long as they continue to be sectional in their recruitment of players.

Iwuanyanwu has been relegated before; Rangers remain the only club of the old that has never kissed relegation.

As for Sutin stars,they need to stop been so sectional. We have a northerner as enyimba coach and we also have easterners coaching in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by ichidodo: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thank GOD. After their ignominous role in the disqualification of Rangers from CAF champions league its very important that justice be done.Good riddance to bad rubbish and i hope they rot there till they change their tribalistic player recruitment policies.

6 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mr McJay:

Ever wondered why your side of the Niger only plays football but never administers the sport?

Now, who's the boss?
And i guess football is being managed very well. We can now compete with La Liga and Premiership. Kelechukwu clap for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Iwuanyanwu has been relegated before; Rangers remain the only club of the old that has never kissed relegation.

As for Sutin stars,they need to stop been so sectional. We have a northerner as enyimba coach and we also have easterners coaching in the north.
I think the bolded is the key word.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
In their first season in the top division Enyimba finished 13th out of 16 clubs, winning just five out of 30 games with a goal difference 25–36. In the following season they won eight games but still finished 15th with 36 points, just one point short from escaping relegation behind Stationery Stores, and were relegated to second level for the 1992 season. Enyimba then stayed in the second level for the next two seasons before winning promotion in 1993, finishing first with 29 wins out of 46 games, winning a record 96 points with a goal difference 64–25, with most goals scored and fewest goals conceded in the 24-team league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyimba_International_F.C.
Wow I'm reading this for the first time o. Anyway that's their cup of coffee, up Gabros of Nnewi for life o
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
fineheart:

Who said it is only Enugu Rangers that have never been relegated before? Heartland of Owerri (right from when they were called Spartans of Owerri to Iwuanyanwu Nationale) have NEVER been relegated before as well.

By the way, what is special about 3SC? They have been relegated many times in past and will continue to suffer the same fate so long as they continue to be sectional in their recruitment of players.
Up Heartland! The Naze Millionaires wink wink
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
chidindufrank: Wow I'm reading this for the first time o. Anyway that's their cup of coffee, [b]up Gabros of Nnewi [/b]for life o
I was hoping that Gabros would gain promotion this year. They have been in the second division for too long.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 15, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Forget sectional issue, Coach Godfrey Esu whom guided 3SC shooting Stars to 1997 CAF Champions League final hails from Delta state. The problem of Shooting stars is that they don't pay their players very well and also the team finds it to win a match outside Lekan Salami Stadium Adamasimgba.liberty stadium Ibadan is more like an away ground for them and that's a very bad football culture. Onigbende has a hand in the teams misfortune too
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by MrMcJay(m): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
And i guess football is being managed very well. We can now compete with La Liga and Premiership. Kelechukwu clap for yourself.

That is entirely another angle entirely. The management is a reflection of the Nigerian situation.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
I was hoping that Gabros would gain promotion this year. They have been in the second division for too long.
It is the fault of Chairman Gabreil Chukwuma, he is only interested in selling the best players to europe and to other stronger teams on the local scene
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 12:06am On Oct 15, 2013
Mr McJay:

That is entirely another angle entirely. The management is a reflection of the Nigerian situation.
So, why were you using it to boast before?

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 12:08am On Oct 15, 2013
chidindufrank: It is the fault of Chairman Gabreil Chukwuma, he is only interested in selling the best players to europe and to other stronger teams on the local scene
Is that not the brother of Innocent Chukwuma? I guess for him it's more about money than glory.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Shey na dem report Rangers to CAF abi? Kai!!!!!!!!!!! Good for dem, AmeboFC

5 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is that not the brother of Innocent Chukwuma? I guess for him it's more about money than glory.
He is oga Innocent's brother,he is running the club for money not glory. That family is business inclined I must confess
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Olaone1: 12:17am On Oct 15, 2013
sad sad
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Afam4eva(m): 12:17am On Oct 15, 2013
chidindufrank: He is oga Innocent's brother,he is running the club for money not glory. That family is business inclined I must confess
He should stop running a one man business and open the club up for investors. I actually think we need clubs like that that are privately owned. I also think the name of the club should be changed to "Nnewi FC".

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
He should stop running a one man business and open the club up for investors. I actually think we need clubs like that that are privately owned. I also think the name of the club should be changed to "Nnewi FC".
You know the way Barristers behave nah too much book and I too know attitude,he won't give it out o. Is a shame that Anambra don't have another darling team.I miss Udorji utd everyday I can't really explain what led to the closure of that our darling team of 90's.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by zicky(m): 12:29am On Oct 15, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Get ur fact right, heartland n rangers remain d only 2 Nigeria club that have not bin relegated

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Arysexy(m): 12:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Mr McJay:

Now, who's the boss?

North has been administering Nig football stop consoling urself. U r not in football both playin and administering. QED!

Emeka Omeruah/kanu nwankwo, won us olympics as admin/player respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by vladimiros: 1:04am On Oct 15, 2013
I hope this shows that putting players from one zone alone is bad

Call me yribalist but igbo and south south players are tge best we habe now

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:27am On Oct 15, 2013
Where is my Jasper United,Udoji united and Gabros of Nnewi.....Anambra wake up !
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:34am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:

Gabriel Chukwuma is impatient and too greedy...some of the players that made Enyimba great were bought from Gabros. Obi is creating the environment for sports advancement but he doesn't believe in government owning club.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:39am On Oct 15, 2013
chidindufrank: Forget sectional issue, Coach Godfrey Esu whom guided 3SC shooting Stars to 1997 CAF Champions League final hails from Delta state. The problem of Shooting stars is that they don't pay their players very well and also the team finds it to win a match outside Lekan Salami Stadium Adamasimgba.liberty stadium Ibadan is more like an away ground for them and that's a very bad football culture. Onigbende has a hand in the teams misfortune too

Well,you could be right,afterall. As for Onigbinde,that man need to go sit tha Bleep down. He killed us at 2002 world cup with his tribalism.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by sharpshap(m): 3:01am On Oct 15, 2013
That's true fineheart, not only sectional in player selection dem dey do jazz die. Remember one of their players [Moses Ogaga] who came to the club and became a hero died recently and it was mysterious, my friend was given the captain band of the club and never rested from series of injuries, he left the club and began to shine at Gombe united.
fineheart:

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by deols(f): 3:58am On Oct 15, 2013
This is embarasin embarassed
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:06am On Oct 15, 2013
Ola one: sad sad
grin grin grin grin Law of karma, Shooting stars betrayed Rangers.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:07am On Oct 15, 2013
deols: This is embarasin embarassed
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by EzePromoe: 4:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva: I was hoping they would remain to give the league some color but they only have themselves to blame for this. I hope they come back as soon as possible and not remain in the lower division like Insurance of Benin...My Enugu Rangers remains the only team never to be relegated in the history of the Nigerian premier league.
And Heartland
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by EzePromoe: 5:01am On Oct 15, 2013
This means MORE DERBIES in the NPFL

PH derby - Sharks and Dolphins

Abia derby - Enyimba and Abia Warriors

Bayelsa Derby - Bayelsa Utd and Nembe city

Unfortunately, the would have been Oyo derby (Crown and 3SC) but for this relegation.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by Mopolchi: 5:03am On Oct 15, 2013
I think Shooting Stars still have a mathematical chance of staying in the league by winning their final next two matches and pray that fellow strugglers lose their matches.
Re: Shooting Stars Finally Relegated by sCun: 5:25am On Oct 15, 2013
Serves them right! These are the same traitors that reported Rangers to CAF for something that doesn't concern them and got rangers banned from the competition. May they never be promoted again. This should be a warning to all Yoruba traitors.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carabao Cup: Chelsea Into Final With Commanding Win Over Spurs / 5+odd Football Trading (daily) / Steps To Making Money From 1960BET In Nigeria. A Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.