Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? (531 Views)

Rent Of Accomodations To Let In Calabar / Is It Right For Tenants To Be Given Quit Notice Before The Rent Expires? / My Agent Rented Out My House And Embezzled The Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? by Samgreguc(m): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
We have a tenant in our compound whom we might probably issue a Quit Notice. But, being that by law, they should be given a three month notice prior to the time when they are expected to vacate the house.
My question is that if we issue them the Quit Notice and are being given three months grace period, will they pay for that three months?
Pls I need an answer......
Re: Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? by thomasina: 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
There's no law that empowers a tenant to stay in a rented apartment for free not even for one day so they are expected to pay. However, if they plead with you then you may let go if you so wish. Its up to you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? by Samgreguc(m): 5:09am On Oct 13, 2013
thomasina: There's no law that empowers a tenant to stay in a rented apartment for free not even for one day so they are expected to pay. However, if they plead with you then you may let go if you so wish. Its up to you.
k.
Re: Should A Tenant Pay For The Rent Of The 3-month Notice Period? by i1: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2013
of course, the tenant must pay.

(1) (Reply)

Executive 3 & 4br Terrace Duplex To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 2.5m & 3m X2yrs. / 800 Sqmts Land / Urgent Request Of 500sqm Land At Pinnock Estate Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.