Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

If The White Men Ruled Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The White Men Ruled Africa? (1330 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 2:35am On Jul 03, 2008
How will Africa be if a white men ruled it?

I personally think if Africa was ruled by white people it will be way better then it is today.

Most African president don't know shit. They love abusing power and don't care for its citizens. Africa has alot of natural resources but still Africa is a third world continent.

I think all African governments needs to set up systems like rule of law, check and balance, separation of powers, etc.

don't get offended, because i am African myself.

what is ya take on it?

1 Like

Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by onyinye2(f): 2:38am On Jul 03, 2008
i feel color is not in order here. i know plenty of corrupt white men who are leaders. i feel that africa needs Presidents who have truly suffered. look at Nelson Mandela, now he went through decades in captivity and when released, become one of the best presidents in Africa. because he knew what the people were going through. and not only that, he was educated and had morals.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 2:42am On Jul 03, 2008
onyinye2:

i feel color is not in order here. i know plenty of corrupt white men who are leaders. i feel that africa needs Presidents who have truly suffered. look at Nelson Mandela, now he went through decades in captivity and when released, become one of the best presidents in Africa. because he knew what the people were going through. and not only that, he was educated and had morals.

If You look at africa, all the corrupt presidents are BLACK!!

Nelson Mandela is the only african president that actually stood 4 something.

All african president want is power and money. Mo Money, Mo Problem.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 2:44am On Jul 03, 2008
What big difference would it make? The whities did colonize countries in Africa before did they not? It paved way for them to loot our national resources into their countries, gave them the liberty to opress our people, rape our women . . . . I can go on lipsrsealed
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 2:45am On Jul 03, 2008
SeanT21:

Miss Liberia, people everywhere are looking for ways to loot and extort money. It's not a problem unique only to Blacks.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by onyinye2(f): 2:46am On Jul 03, 2008
but will bringing a white man really change things?? i think he we need to focus on the root of the problem that these presidents are like some of the people in america. as soon as they start to get a lil money, they become stupid. forget themselves and their morals.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 2:57am On Jul 03, 2008
onyinye2:

but will bringing a white man really change things?? i think he we need to focus on the root of the problem that these presidents are like some of the people in america. as soon as they start to get a little money, they become stupid. forget themselves and their morals.

, but that is just people in america. I am talking about the people in power. What if Barack Obama or JFK was a president of Kenya tomorrow. What will happen? What changes will take place?

CH3COO:

Miss Liberia, people everywhere are looking for ways to loot and extort money. It's not a problem unique only to Blacks.

I am talking about about people in Power? Not just ordinary people. Instead of African president looking for ways to loot money, they should be helping africa.

People in africa are suffering like crazy. There are no opportunities in africa.

This week i just applied to a college in North Carilina. I didnt have to pay no money to get inrolled. My GPA is 2.0. Which is not that good. The government were basically paying me money to get in school.

Will that ever happen in Libera, NOT IN A BILLION YEARS.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by onyinye2(f): 3:01am On Jul 03, 2008
if obama was the leader of kenya, yeah there might be changes made in that country. but you have to remember that obama is a black man. but i truly feel that color is not in order. if we could just find some african man or woman whose mind is not corrupt with vengence or greed than that will do.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 3:06am On Jul 03, 2008
onyinye2:

if obama was the leader of kenya, yeah there might be changes made in that country. but you have to remember that obama is a black man. but i truly feel that color is not in order. if we could just find some african man or woman whose mind is not corrupt with vengence or greed than that will do.
Maybe.

Such change occurs gradual and takes a collective effort; not the power of one. The president might have good intentions while his cabinet is too submerged into phishing for ways to steal.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 3:07am On Jul 03, 2008
onyinye2:

That is also true but it will be very difficult to find one.

When The average african man gets in power he abusses it because african governments give their president to much power. If the citizen try to denounce the power, they get killed and a civil war start.

That is why they need to adopt some western ideas.

What kind of countries are in africa where the president gets away with murder? Is that a country you wanna live in.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by onyinye2(f): 3:16am On Jul 03, 2008
i rather them to take on some westren influences then just go and get some white man. but yes they do need to limit how much power this so called presidents have. i feel if african countries want to take on westren influence, they should start with checks and balances.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 3:18am On Jul 03, 2008
How do you begin to limit his power? Altering the consitution and putting the power in the hands of whom?
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 3:23am On Jul 03, 2008
CH3COO:

How do you begin to limit his power? Altering the consitution and putting the power in the hands of whom?

By making rules and regulations. Start by removing that fool Mugabe. I think someone needs to murder him. If they dont all he is gonna do is just desrtoy Zimbabwe. I dont see in future in Zimbabwe when he is in power.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 3:26am On Jul 03, 2008
Hate begets hate. What does violence accomplish. That aside, let's not redirect our telescope in only the Zimbabwean direction. I thought we were considering the entire continent? How much more rules and regulations do we need. Who will they favor and how can those new people of power make us any better.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 3:43am On Jul 03, 2008
Zimbabwe is the primary example.

Africa needs better rules and regulations. They need to write a CONSTITUTION or a BILL OF RIGHTS. The power should favor the country and its citizens.

They also needs to build organizations and Companies. That will bring more Jobs to the African people and more money to help them better themselves. Those governments should help bring electricity, running water and development to Africa.

The Chinese are taking over Africa while the dumbass African president do nothing but fight over power.

In Africa, The Poor gets poorer and the Rich gets Richer.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SkyBlue1: 3:44am On Jul 03, 2008
SeanT21:

I can't believe i am replying to this thread but i just really need to ask @SeanT what on earth do you expect with the highlighted text? It is like me going to india and stating that the corrupt leaders in india are indian . . . .? ?  ? Also i am sure you have heard of Ghadaffi right? Africa was not allowed to develop in its own direction and had a peculiar history of subordination and pillagery, however what i find disturbing is when people allocate commonsense as a "western" trait and stupidity as an african one. When people talk about good governance or accountability it is mostly looked at as "thinking like the west" as opposed to common sense whereby the good of the people is put above selfish interest. This is fundamentally about accountability of people in charge to the people that are being led and not necessarily about black or white. it just happens to be a very big problem in Africa, a black continent.

I also feel that i should remind you that there are a lot of corrupt whites also who after leaving the 'civility' of their countries come to africa and act in the most 'uncivil' of ways, even sometimes acting worse than has been ascribed to the continent (and i am sure i don't need to throw in slavery do i?). One example of this is Tatcher's son who was part of a group that planned to instigate a coup in an african country and thereby taking advantage of the very flawed system of the scared and cowardly majority and the bold, crass and power hungry minority which seems to be a continent wide system that allows evil men to thrive (and the tatcher incident is not an isolated one). So why is it that people even africans can act civil in "civil" countries and then when back on the continent feel the obligation to retort to the madness? Why is it that people can come from all over the world and behave like animals in africa? Could it be the system all over the continent of unaccountability of leaders who can do whatever they want knowing they will get away with it? Or that bribery seems to open all doors? Could it be the system that has been allowed to flourish? Maybe that is the question to look towards not all this "If the white men ruled africa"
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 4:11am On Jul 03, 2008
why are U talking about history?

We get it. The white men is evil because he got slaves from Africa. You need to understand that The African people also sold of their own people 4 slavery. Does that make them wicked too? ummm yeah.

I am talking about corrupt whites in power. Not just an ordinary white men.

Can U name me a corrupt white men in Power? please don't say George Bush.

The point i am trying to make is i think when white people are in power they don't let it get to them because of how the governments are made up. In Africa, the government have no laws for the president to follow. Basically, the president can do what the hell he wants, how he want it and nobody dare go against him or they are killed.

I used to Live In Liberia under the presidency of Charles Taylor. If You talk against Charles Taylor You have a chance of getting killed. He killed his own people. His own Children. This man was the DEVIL!!

If he was in America, will he do that? NO!! The constitution will not allow him to do it.

After researching i come to a conclusion. We shouldn't Blame African presidents for being evil. WE SHOULD BLAME THE FOOLS THAT SET UP THE GOVERNMENT!!THEY NEED TO REDUCE THE POWER OF ONE MAN.

too much power=too much problems.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SkyBlue1: 4:20am On Jul 03, 2008
@SeanT i think you did not really assimilate what my previous post was actually stating, it is still there so i won't just type what i said all over again. It was not necessarily a history lesson as these things are still happening. However the irony is that you seem to be doing some buck passing of 'let someone else do it'. Do europeans have 2 heads? Please let us not contiue to make excuses for the madness that has swept over africa with 'it is a black problem' and actually wake up to fix things. For africa to develop africans would need to wake up to develop it. Your question of wether a dictator would be allowed to run somewhere like America might go to show that you did not actually read my previous post completely as i addressed such towards the end.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 4:21am On Jul 03, 2008
You this SeanT you make me laugh sometimes.  Countries in Africa do have their own constitution - or I know Nigeria has her own.  The rules in the constitution are designed to favor the people and the country, but you need to understand that the people in power bend these rules to suit their tendencies.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Jul 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

I can't believe i am replying to this thread but i just really need to ask @SeanT what on earth do you expect with the highlighted text? It is like me going to india and stating that the corrupt leaders in india are indian . . . .? ?  ? Also i am sure you have heard of Ghadaffi right? Africa was not allowed to develop in its own direction and had a peculiar history of subordination and pillagery, however what i find disturbing is when people allocate commonsense as a "western" trait and stupidity as an african one. When people talk about good governance or accountability it is mostly looked at as "thinking like the west" as opposed to common sense whereby the good of the people is put above selfish interest. This is fundamentally about accountability of people in charge to the people that are being led and not necessarily about black or white. it just happens to be a very big problem in Africa, a black continent.
The Post on “Thinking like the west” has absolutely nothing to do with what it was made into. That post was to get @landis to reveal what he really meant as I was shocked that one who had an anti-west take on virtually every issue out there would advocate that Africans start thinking like the west. If you read the rest of it, you will where he explains his view and how it quickly turned into something else entirely.
You and I know today that it seems all of Africa only sees things in two dimensions: the west and then us. No matter where we go in Africa, it seems that is the only language that is understood best. Common sense seems to be attributed more to the west, even on here. You have a good idea (common sense ideas), you are tagged as one of the traitors, a stooge of the west/Americans and should be put down or shut up. I started that thread hoping @landis could elaborate but if you read through, I am not sure he was allowed to do just that without condemnation.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 4:26am On Jul 03, 2008
CH3COO:

You this SeanT you make me laugh sometimes. Countries in Africa do have their own constitution - or I know Nigeria has her own. The rules in the constitution are designed to favor the people and the country, but you need to understand that the people in power bend these rules to suit their tendencies.

That means the constitution is useless.

Sky Blue:

@SeanT i think you did not really assimilate what my previous post was actually stating, it is still there so i won't just type what i said all over again. It was not necessarily a history lesson as these things are still happening. However the irony is that you seem to be doing some buck passing of 'let someone else do it'. Do europeans have 2 heads? Please let us not contiue to make excuses for the madness that has swept over africa with 'it is a black problem' and actually wake up to fix things. For africa to develop africans would need to wake up to develop it. Your question of wether a dictator would be allowed to run somewhere like America might go to show that you did not actually read my previous post completely as i addressed such towards the end.

How can we develop it when the people that rule the country dont give a damn?

I understand ya point though?
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 4:28am On Jul 03, 2008
SeanT21:

That means the constitution is useless.

No. The constitution is a living breathing document. It's our fault, not the constitution's, that it is not being enforced properly.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SkyBlue1: 4:30am On Jul 03, 2008
@Kobojunkie, that whole "thinking like the west" issue is something that does exist though. People do equate common sense things to "the west" and it is highly irritating because it just seems to me another form of buck passing and making excuses for the madness on the continent. Next people will start giving excuses like 'we need to work on making elections fair since it is a new thing to us, it is more a western thing'. Want to make elections fair? then don't rig or cheat or intimidate, etc. What just caught me up on this thread was when the obvious was so blatantly stated and i guess was meant to be another excuse. All the corrupt leaders in africa are black (even if that is wrong)? What do you expect? Quite amusing
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Jul 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

@Kobojunkie, that whole "thinking like the west" issue is something that does exist though. People do equate common sense things to "the west" and it is highly irritating because it just seems to me another form of buck passing and making excuses for the madness on the continent. Next people will start giving excuses like 'we need to work on making elections fair since it is a new thing to us, it is more a western thing'. Want to make elections fair? then don't rig or cheat or intimidate. What just caught me up on this thread was when the obvious was so blatantly stated and i guess was meant to be another excuse. All the corrupt leaders in africa are black (even if that is wrong)? What do you expect? Quite amusing

Precisely. The problem does exist.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 4:34am On Jul 03, 2008
CH3COO:

No. The constitution is a living breathing document. It's our fault, not the constitution's, that it is not being enforced properly.

That is why the government needs to set up powers to make sure the constitution is being followed.

SEE YA TOMORROW. I GOT STUFF TO DO!!
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 4:36am On Jul 03, 2008
SeanT21:

That is why the government needs to set up powers to make sure the constitution is being followed.

SEE YA TOMORROW. I GOT STUFF TO DO!!
But didn't you just state that we have a terrible government.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SkyBlue1: 4:37am On Jul 03, 2008
@SeanT leaders are very easy to blame and with the rate people do such you would be forgiven for thinking countries like Nigeria were under a feudal form of governance. If accountability won't be handed to the people on a plate then the people have to take a united stand against common vices like corruption, mismanagement, etc. Without that stand or willingness to act and "fight" for the right why on earth should anyone express shock or horror that people are getting what they have not refused? Please let us be shocked when it is called for.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SeanT21(f): 4:41am On Jul 03, 2008
CH3COO:

But didn't you just state that we have a terrible government.

exactly. So i guess no change is going to take place in africa.

Sky Blue:

@SeanT leaders are very easy to blame and with the rate people do such you would be forgiven for thinking countries like Nigeria were under a feudal form of governance. If accountability won't be handed to the people on a plate then the people have to take a united stand against common vices like corruption, mismanagement, etc. Without that stand or willingness to act and "fight" for the right why on earth should anyone express shock or horror that people are getting what they have not refused? Please let us be shocked when it is necessary.

How can the people refuse it when that is all is given to them. If You refuse it you also have a chance of gettin killed.
I know what i am saying. I use to live in liberia under Charles Taylor. Anyone speak againt him use to get killed. That is the main reason america had to step in.

Its like Take it or have nothing at all.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by CH3COO(m): 4:45am On Jul 03, 2008
You are living in a third-world country, what else did you expect . . . Freedom? grin grin
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by SkyBlue1: 4:47am On Jul 03, 2008
@SeanT so how many people are "the people" and how many are the "oppressors"? If african countries actually ever fought for justice of the people it would actually go a very long way in installing more stability and setting a precedence of accountability in such countries and places because it would show people standing for justice and such (obviously). However when almost all the wars are just about seizing power, weak tribalistic sentiments, politrickery, etc, again, why express horror and shock that this is instead the system that has been installed and strengthened? A system that just allows the will and greed of successive men to flourish over the needs of a people.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

@SeanT leaders are very easy to blame and with the rate people do such you would be forgiven for thinking countries like Nigeria were under a feudal form of governance. If accountability won't be handed to the people on a plate then the people have to take a united stand against common vices like corruption, mismanagement, etc. Without that stand or willingness to act and "fight" for the right why on earth should anyone express shock or horror that people are getting what they have not refused? Please let us be shocked when it is called for.

Sky Blue:

@SeanT so how many people are "the people" and how many are the "oppressors"? If african countries actually ever fought for justice of the people it would actually go a very long way in installing more stability and setting a precedence of accountability in such countries and places because it would show people standing for justice and such (obviously). However when almost all the wars are just about seizing power, weak tribalistic sentiments, politrickery, etc, again, why express horror and shock that this is instead the system that has been installed and strengthened? A system that just allows the will and greed of successive men to flourish over the needs of a people.

True talk.
Re: If The White Men Ruled Africa? by edosignature(m): 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Africa would be better of if the white still holds way in leadership.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Will Never Be Great. Vol. I / Cnn's Best Article Ever On Nigeria: The Booming Nigerian Hip Hop Industry / If The West Were Run Like Nigeria There Will Be Trillionaires In The World Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.