Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Anambra Govt Praises Fashola For Apologising Over ‘deportation’ Of Igbo In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Govt Praises Fashola For Apologising Over ‘deportation’ Of Igbo In Lagos (536 Views)

Re: Tonyebarcanista Has Betrayed Yorubas For Apologising To Ndi-igbo / Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official / Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Govt Praises Fashola For Apologising Over ‘deportation’ Of Igbo In Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
The Anambra State government on Friday described the apology tendered by Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State over the ‘deportation’ of 72 persons to Onitsha as ‘courageous’.
In a statement from the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Oseloka Obaze, the government said on Friday that there was no need trying to parse the apology.

“I do not know if Governor Fashola apologised to Governor Peter Obi, but I know they are in touch.
“As regards Governor Fashola’s apology to the Igbo, he apologised and that is it. There is no need trying to parse his apology as some are trying to do.

“The governor has shown himself to be a courageous, noble and an honourable man. As a politician, he is a blessing to Lagos State and Nigeria,” the statement said.
In September, Fashola tendered an unreserved apology to the Igbo over the deportation of some destitutes to Onitsha, Anambra State, by his administration in July.

In his apology at the silver jubilee symposium of the Igbo socio-cultural think tank, ‘Aka Ikenga’, at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs in Lagos, the governor said the action of his government was misunderstood.
“People who clearly do not understand the actions taken and words spoken are those I owe an explanation.
“I cannot take the Igbo for granted because we have built a relationship based on tolerance, mutual respect, love and trust,” he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/23755-anambra-govt-praises-fashola-for-apologising-over-‘deportation’-of-igbo-in-lagos.html
Re: Anambra Govt Praises Fashola For Apologising Over ‘deportation’ Of Igbo In Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ayekotoo: As a politician, he is a blessing to Lagos State and Nigeria,” the statement said.

Re: Anambra Govt Praises Fashola For Apologising Over ‘deportation’ Of Igbo In Lagos by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
No more deportation but demolition
If you know you know

(1) (Reply)

Apc: Misguided And Selfish Opposition / Do You Think There Is A Difference Between The PDP And The APC? / ' I Earn More Than I Need '. The World 's 'poorest President'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.