Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine (28035 Views)

Beer Vs Wine: Which Is Better? / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by entadaplace1: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Red wine is known to reverse the effect of dying ear hair cells which marks the onset of losing hearing abilities. Raise your glasses and hear them clink, more clearly each time. On a side note, the article does not encourage you to get a bottle of red wine and binge on it.

1. Stay young forever

Red wine contains a LOT of anti-oxidants. Lots mean LOTS and LOTS of them. These are the primary compounds that have anti-ageing properties and even help with diabetes. It might not be the ever illusive “Fountain of youth” but it can be safely said that the Spanish were better off sipping the drink of the gods.

2. Let it beat

Just fell in love and gave your heart to someone? Well, at least make it last a bit. Red wine contains a powerful anti-oxidant known as “Resveratrol”. Consuming red wine cuts the harmful effects of the “bad” LDL cholesterol and prevents the formation of blood clots while increasing the level of “good” LDL cholesterol.

3. More brainy

A recent study shows a boost in brain power for women who enjoy a little alcohol. The study, published in the Jan. 20 issue of The New England Journal of Medicine, evaluated more than 12,000 women aged 70-81. Moderate drinkers had a 23% reduced risk of mental decline compared with non-drinkers. No reason not to have a glass before that big exam the next day.

4. Control the dreaded cancer

Yes, that’s right. Red wine can prevent and even cure cancer. The oxidative damage to body functions, the primary cause of Alzheimer’s, type – 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases can be readily prevented by the consumption of anti-oxidants found in red wine. These in conjunction with chemo therapy can enhance its success rate greatly.

5. Stay slim the French way

The French have a peculiar habit of having wine with their meals. Apparently, alcohol stimulates the appetite so it is better to drink it with food. When alcohol is mixed with food, it slows the stomach’s emptying time and decreases the amount of food consumed at the meal.

6. Healthy white shining teeth

SOurce

7 Likes

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by cupid4ig(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2013
no wonder my classmates and friends keep asking me why I keep looking younger and fresher every year cheesy now I know lol. but seriously b4 I hated red wine but gradually fell in love with it and right now I dont take beer again. beer makes my tommy big

2 Likes

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Sermwell(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
G
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Freiburger(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nice one OP.
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Garri is healthier.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by dridowu: 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
I will drink till thy kingdom come
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by isado4eva(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Seriously
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by watchindelta(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
mak i collect one asap.
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by kekakuz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
we av heard it over and over again.

i want health benefit of agbo jedijedi
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by shevi4mb(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
OOOHH GUD LORD, LET MY GIRLFRIEND SEE AND FOLLOW THIS POST!!! AMEN

1 Like

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Goodcare(m): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
STRONGLY DISAGREE,.... grin
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by carmenblandish: 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
ANY TIME MY HEART PAIN ME SMALLL AND I SHAYO SMALL RED WINE.....I DEY BALANCE

1 Like

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by arthgideon: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
good one
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by braine(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
More excuses to drink• [size=4pt]Reminiscing how I dealt with my first bottle of red wine• embarassed [/size]
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by lacosteIII(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
really??...ok....thanks
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Ediss(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Its also make u have a good GPA if u know what G P A oooo
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Ediss(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
Its maked u love ur job too cheesy cheesy
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Burger01(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Red wine mixed with 'Ori Maalu'... you would stay young, younger and youngest forever.. cool
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by DICKtator: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Red wine all the wayy.............................................................

White wine also......

grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by mu2sa2: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don't be deceived by brewers, red wine is alcohol. Any amount of alcohol is poison to your body.
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Sllowppoisoon: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Garri is healthier.
Poverty Logic tongue

1 Like

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Patdedon(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
#TeamVinoTinto#

1 Like

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by Clemzy16(m): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wine is for the ladies. #TeamBeer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by princecuite(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thanks op. Are you advocating red wine for evryone,including dose who doesn't like wines?
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by BonnyDominic: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Until U fall victim of d fake ones den d reverse will b d case. So b careful. Red wine is good for d hrt.
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by manny4life(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
mu2sa2: Don't be deceived by brewers, red wine is alcohol. Any amount of alcohol is poison to your body.

Lamentations of a poor man grin grin
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by israelous: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
tanx...marketer
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by cycline404(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
But It has to be the Original red wine o... Not all this our coloured red wines
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by manny4life(m): 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
cycline404: But It has to be the Original red wine o... Not all this our coloured red wines

So you mean the $7 bottle in Walmart aisle won't make the cut? undecided embarassed
Re: 8 Health Benefits Of Red Wine by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
shevi4mb: OOOHH GUD LORD, LET MY GIRLFRIEND SEE AND FOLLOW THIS POST!!! AMEN
is she dt dumb?

She need a brain boost abi? LoL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mad Woman Regains Her Senses After Being Hit By A Car. / Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise / Delta Woman Refuses To Take Her Daughter Without Anus For Surgery. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.