Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians (3067 Views)

The Most Influential Man Ever On Earth / Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. / My Top 5 Most Influential Men Of God In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians

When even a normal work day can seem pressing, some encouragement goes a long way? If you need some guidance or reassurance today, you’re in the right place! Here are 7 encouraging quotes from some Christian names you’ll recognize. It’s great to know that when you’re struggling with your faith, you can always fall back on the wisdom of those who came before you.

"Tomorrow I plan to work, work, from early until late. In fact I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."
—Martin Luther

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/powerful-infulential-quotes/#cqAkjgqfuDadU7q4.99

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2013
"If we only have the will to walk, then God is pleased with our stumbles."

—C.S. Lewis

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/powerful-infulential-quotes/#E5OdLdbOAUXAE6Ei.99

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2013
"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go."

—Abraham Lincoln

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/powerful-infulential-quotes/#GxJask14UU4Lxgf6.99

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
"I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking God to do His work though me."

—Hudson Taylor

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/powerful-infulential-quotes/#gm2qTj7rgDUJR2LS.99

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning… Face it, friend. He is crazy about you!"

—Max Lucado

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/powerful-infulential-quotes/#yk9IerBROlUSdL6b.99

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
"The first duty of the gospel preacher is to declare God’s Law and show the nature of sin."

—Martin Luther

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
"The only way you're living your best life now is if you're going to hell."

—John MacArthur

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
"There is no prosperity gospel; no social gospel. If you add an adjective to the gospel, then you don't have the gospel."

—Justin Peters

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
"There is an essential difference between the decease of the godly and the death of the ungodly. Death comes to the ungodly man as a penal infliction, but to the righteous as a summons to his Father's palace. To the sinner it is an execution, to the saint an undressing from his sins and infirmities. Death to the wicked is the King of terrors. Death to the saint is the end of terrors, the commencement of glory."

—Charles Spurgeon.

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
"To slay the sinner is then the first use of the Law, to destroy the life and strength wherein he trusts and convince him that he is dead while he lives; not only under the sentence of death, but actually dead to God, void of all spiritual life, dead in trespasses and sins."

—John Wesley
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by litelov: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
"If we only have the will to walk, then God is pleased with our stumbles."

—C.S. Lewis

Nice quote!
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
martin luther- the man who initiate burning of innocents as "witches".

May the Gods have no mercy on that wicked mans soul.

He and his stooge - john clavin.
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
[size=24pt]“The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes”

- Martin Luther[/size]

[img]http://souldevice.files./2011/10/ml.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
[size=24pt]“I should have no compassion on these witches; I should burn them all”

- Martin Luther[/size]

[img]http://souldevice.files./2011/10/ml.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2013
"I was honoured today with having a few stones, dirt, rotten eggs, and pieces of dead cats thrown at me."

—George Whitefield
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
"God, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to Yours."

—DAVID LIVINGSTONE
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
"Consider as sin any minute of life spent on something other than saving souls for eternity from this world doomed to destruction."

—Richard Wurmbrand

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
"To convince the world of the truth of Christianity, it must first be convinced of sin. It is only sin that renders Christ intelligible."

—Andrew Murray

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
"But for this Book [the Bible], we could not know right from wrong . . . Take all you can of this Book upon reason, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man."

—Abraham Lincoln

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by Gombs(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
God bless you Ola
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
PAGAN_9JA is NOT playing around! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
"A little science estranges men from God, but much science leads them back to Him."

—Louis Pasteur
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
"God loves with a great love the man whose heart is bursting with a passion for the impossible"

—William Booth
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2013
"It is not the strength of your faith that saves you, but the strength of Him upon whom you rely! Christ is able to save you if you come to Him—be your faith weak or be it strong."

—Charles Spurgeon

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
"It is always a sign of repentance in Christians who have fallen when they leave the company where they were led astray."

—Charles Spurgeon
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
"The only real argument against the Bible is an unholy life. When a man argues against the Word of God, follow him home, and see if you cannot discover the reason of his enmity to the Word of the Lord. It lies in some sort of sin."

—Charles Spurgeon

1 Like

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
"Death has no sting to a Believer. Once death was the penalty of sin—sin being forgiven, the penalty ceases and Christians do not die, now, as a punishment for their sin, but they die that they may be prepared to live!"

—Charles Spurgeon
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
"There was a day when I died, utterly died, died to George Mueller, his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will—died to the world, its approval or censure—died to the approval or blame even of my brethren and friends—and since then I have only to show myself approved to God."

—George Mueller
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
"I am no preacher of the old legal Sabbath. I am a preacher of the gospel. The Sabbath of the Jew is to him a task; the Lord’s Day of the Christian, the first day of the week, is to him a joy, a day of rest, of peace, and of thanksgiving. And if you Christian men can earnestly drive away all distractions, so that you can really rest today, it will be good for your bodies, good for your souls, good mentally, good spiritually, good temporally, and good eternally."

—Charles Spurgeon
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by PastorOluT(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU: "There is no prosperity gospel; no social gospel. If you add an adjective to the gospel, then you don't have the gospel."

—Justin Peters

Nice one Ola
Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by PastorOluT(m): 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU: "Consider as sin any minute of life spent on something other than saving souls for eternity from this world doomed to destruction."

—Richard Wurmbrand

To add mine;

"I understand one language evangelism, I have one goal soul winning"

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
"Remember that, if you have missed Christ by but the ticking of a clock, you have missed Christ for ever; so that minutes and ticks of clocks may be invested with a very solemn power, if we come to look at them in that light."

—Charles Spurgeon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Woes Force Heaven To Reduce Eternal Life To 500 Billion Years / Regina Caeli In Video And Audio / Redeemed Pastor Warns Nigerians Not To Vote Against Jonathan In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.