Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal (21383 Views)

Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
geesilver: Ȋ̝̊̅§ dis not A̶̲̥̅ goal
The entire circumference of the ball must cross the line before you can call it a goal. From what I saw,both were not goals

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by write2obi(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
Clemzy16: say no to goal-line technology, it will kill the fun of football. . .
No it wouldn't
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by vislabraye(m): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
But in the first half, I think the ball crossed the line.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Boll2010: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
victorazy:

Don't mind stupiid guys talking what they don't know.
only if they play PS2 sumtyms for fun they would know the beauty of camera angles.......maybe I do play in few hours tym to upload the camera angles n clear doubts
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Boll2010: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
dabossman:

So, because a goalkeeper had one good game he is now world class? What happens when tomorrow he concedes 3 or 4 goals? Besides, where were you when Enyeama single-handedly stopped Lionel Messi from rubbishing Nigeria at the last World Cup? Guy stop dat kind talk o!
no my d guy.....u know hw much he don pay agent wey dem suya d money jst to enter U-17 national team at age 35grin
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by afolab4: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
up nigeria. bro Enyama did not position himself well. he suppose cover that right down side but he gave so much space.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by tshegs19: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Let It Go, Bro
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Iniabasi: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
follow me on [url]naijafootballforum..com[/url]
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
... deleted post
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
geesilver: Ȋ̝̊̅§ dis not A̶̲̥̅ goal

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1358682_Super-Eagles-defender-clears-the-ball-which-is-seen-to-have-already-crossed-the-goal-line-600x422_jpg355072a4bbbdbccbf73d7e7a099ce946[/img]

this is part of the problem!

All we have seen so far is the front-view. Nobody has provided pictures/videos that either show the side-view relative to the pillars or the bird's-eye-view relative to the post.

Until the later 2 are seen we can not know if Ethiopia scored 2 goals, 1 goal or even no goal at all.

I completely agree with Enyeama, we need video technology.

Until then nobody knows the truth.

Anybody who has worked with CAD in 3-D space will know how misleading it is drawing any conclusion from the picture above.

Keep in mind the FIFA rules says "all of the ball must cross all of the line"!

Remember it does not matter Oboabona's position. It is the ball relative to the line that counts!

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Tinyemeka(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
vicoloni:
Related post: first to comment things. I dedicate this achievement to all those owing me money both home and abroad. Thank you.

cheesy See ya big head like money lender.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by MrChris1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
As Nigerians, it is expected to support Enyeama's claims but sincerely if the Goal line technology was used for that match, Both disallowed & allowed goals would be accepted as goals. Please, Enyeama concentrate on winning the next match and qualifying for the World cup or else you will see the wrath of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by oldenglish: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thank God am last to comment LTC crew follow #oldenglishcrew.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mr. Chris:
As Nigerians, it is expected to support Enyeama's claims but sincerely if the Goal line technology was used for that match, Both disallowed & allowed goals would be accepted as goals. Please, Enyeama concentrate on winning the next match and qualifying for the World cup or else you will see the wrath of Nigerians.

how did you come to the conclusion in bold?
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by kokoA(m): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
The only goal I saw in that match was Emenike's "thunder strike"! Now, that is how to score a goal, not those nonsense "ball cross line , e no cross" kind of goals. They should have scored us like real men if they are that's good.. Mcheeewww.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by vanminister: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Eyeanma is a disgrace to Nigeria with his childish displays on the pitch and comments. The guy is only thinking about his unfinished house projects on the field of play! Please coach boot him out before he causes more embarrassment in Brazil 2014. A pregnant chimpanzee will do better at catching balls than this Nigeria ' no1'
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
vanminister: Eyeanma is a disgrace to Nigeria with his childish displays on the pitch and comments. The guy is only thinking about his unfinished house projects on the field of play! Please coach boot him out before he causes more embarrassment in Brazil 2014. A pregnant chimpanzee will do better at catching balls than this Nigeria ' no1'

lol you are talking about Lille Number 1 and Nigeria number 1

Enyeama is still a very good keeper
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by abacusCm(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
YusYak: is there any price for first to comment?
Yes there is.it is a dirty slap

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Cdstars(m): 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
4rm what I saw, d whole circumference of d ball didnt cross the goal-line b4 Godfrey made d clearance.... Dnt knw abt d supposed error Vincent made.. Wasnt a gud outing 4 d SE, bt a win is a win...
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by beewhyfocs(m): 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
elampiro: The rules of football states that the ball has to completely cross the goal line to count. Without a goal line tech it is hard, and when a few cameras are used in a match. It is hard to draw a conclusion when there is no camera taking a shot from the side view of the goal line. And it is worse when the linesman is not by the corner flag at the point of action.

Although the second ball was Enyeama's fault, it is hard to conclude the ball crossed the line. It looked to be on the line, and the linesman was no where around the corner flag to take a credible decision.

The first cleared by Obaobuna looked like a goal. However, the linesman was correctly positioned when he denied the Ethopians that goal. The question is did the ball cross the line 100%? That is what a goal line tech should have showed us. The referee and linesman were not so sure, I think this was why they could not resist giving the Ethiopians the second ball which Enyeama miscalculated. The second ball didn't look like a goal to me.

Someone said, two half goals is = 1 goal. Lol

At the end it was fair. It would have been more controversial if both goals were either awarded or denied outrightly in the absence of a goal tech.

You are so on point. We should also be grateful for the Ethiopians' goal because that was what gingered our boys!
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by alexvatt(m): 6:22am On Oct 15, 2013
vicoloni: Bros Enyi, don't bother yourself. At least Nigeria still managed a win. Try to encourage bros Emenike and others to score more goals than the opponents. If that is not done, goal line tech won't save you from the embarrassment of defeat.

Related post: first to comment things. I dedicate this achievement to all those owing me money both home and abroad. Thank you.
you are right.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by alexvatt(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Lionbite: Make this enyeama guy stop ranting and start preparing for the second leg. Why crying over spilt milk, Is he expecting a re-match or what? If FIFA declares a re-match na only you go play the whole 90mins 0!
I Don Vex
you are right.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Obatha1(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2013
Pls let Enyeama shut d Bleep up...Hw abt d 1st d Ethiopians scored dat wasn't counted?Wil u cal 4 goal-line tech 4 dat...Jst do ur job!
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by shopisky(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2013
elampiro: The rules of football states that the ball has to completely cross the goal line to count. Without a goal line tech it is hard, and when a few cameras are used in a match. It is hard to draw a conclusion when there is no camera taking a shot from the side view of the goal line. And it is worse when the linesman is not by the corner flag at the point of action.

Although the second ball was Enyeama's fault, it is hard to conclude the ball crossed the line. It looked to be on the line, and the linesman was no where around the corner flag to take a credible decision.

The first cleared by Obaobuna looked like a goal. However, the linesman was correctly positioned when he denied the Ethopians that goal. The question is did the ball cross the line 100%? That is what a goal line tech should have showed us. The referee and linesman were not so sure, I think this was why they could not resist giving the Ethiopians the second ball which Enyeama miscalculated. The second ball didn't look like a goal to me.

Someone said, two half goals is = 1 goal. Lol

At the end it was fair. It would have been more controversial if both goals were either awarded or denied outrightly in the absence of a goal tech.
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2013
chidindufrank: The entire circumference of the ball must cross the line before you can call it a goal. From what I saw,both were not goals
weed?

Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by babe4wealth(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Enyaema should be thankful because Ethiopia actually scored twice in that match but where awarded only one goal #
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by tobbyrobson(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
I dont jst undastnd hw som pple open their brain to pour out nonsense comments,Enyeama made a mistake nw & suddenly he is a useless goalkeeper... Cech,hart,casillas,buffon and even d invisible van der sar has done worse in d past. Abi una no dey watch european leagues ni? I gat hs back,he is d best in Africa jare!
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by Komedy(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Most of yu do not know that in d whole of europe,lille's first choice keeper(vincent enyeama)has d highest number of clean sheets so far this season,easy on ur insults!
Re: Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal by mikotim(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
[quote author=geesilver] Ȋ̝̊̅§ dis not A̶̲̥̅ goal[/qu

Yes it is....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel's Goal Against Uruguay Among The Best In Confederations Cup / Goals & Assists: Ronaldo 9-3 Messi! Who Has Better Performance This Season? / 2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.