Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,206 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Should I Expect? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Should I Expect? (726 Views)

Meristem Securities Job Test... Please What Should I Expect / Interview With Ericsson Nigeria For An Internship Position,what Should I Expect? / Aptitude Test Of Vetiva Securities- Wot Do I Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Expect? by yrunvus: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2008
i'll be in lagos in October to meet up with an oil firm, they called me for a Manager in Training position due to start in December. I have no idea what manager-in-training means but i'll sure find out on my week long visit in lagos.
While i was visiting naija in March my uncle advised me to move back and he asked for my CV, he forwarded it to his companie's HR dept, a week later they called me and informed me about the position. There's no interview involved cuz it's kind of a hook up thing, i'm simply meeting with them

Here's the deal: i'm a mechanical engineer in the US, been working for 2 years now and the pay is good. I dont mind moving back but what should i expect from a naija company, i dont want to ask for too much and i dont want to sell myself short. what should i expect as per salary and in benefits?
Re: What Should I Expect? by kentayo: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
if u r presntly working in US abeg stay there cos here in Nigeria the pay is nt ok and with alot of stress

they will use u alot more than the amount they r paying u
Re: What Should I Expect? by opokonwa(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2008
Don't mind the first response.
Some of us in Naija earn very good pay (as good as those in the USA).
Don't resign from your US job yet.
Only take a vacation and come check out the offer in Naija.
It could be better than what you expected.
Re: What Should I Expect? by Sisikill: 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2008
yrunvus:

i'll be in lagos in October to meet up with an oil firm, they called me for a Manager in Training position due to start in December. I have no idea what manager-in-training means but i'll sure find out on my week long visit in lagos.
While i was visiting naija in March my uncle advised me to move back and he asked for my CV, he forwarded it to his companie's HR dept, a week later they called me and informed me about the position. There's no interview involved because it's kind of a hook up thing, i'm simply meeting with them

Here's the deal: i'm a mechanical engineer in the US, been working for 2 years now and the pay is good. I don't mind moving back but what should i expect from a naija company, i don't want to ask for too much and i don't want to sell myself short. what should i expect as per salary and in benefits?

Oh you'll be fine, you've got the brains and the experience.

Good Luck mah lovah!

So when will you come back for me?
Re: What Should I Expect? by DisGuy: 6:13am On Jul 16, 2008
yrunvus:

While i was visiting naija in March my uncle advised me to move back and he asked for my CV, he forwarded it to his companie's HR dept, a week later they called me and informed me about the position. There's no interview involved because it's kind of a hook up thing, i'm simply meeting with them

Here's the deal: i'm a mechanical engineer in the US, been working for 2 years now and the pay is good. I don't mind moving back but what should i expect from a naija company, i don't want to ask for too much and i don't want to sell myself short. what should i expect as per salary and in benefits?

are salaries in nigeria negotiable? i know the the middle/ top level of financial coy they can be but as a trainee manager/manager-in-training i doubt it, I think you should ask your uncle for the going rate

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Motivational Word 4 U / Staad Pro In Abuja / Loking 4 It Placement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.