Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? (4982 Views)

Kim Kardashian Vs. Beyonce Who Do You Think Is Beautiful? / Shakira Vs Beyonce Who Shake The Most? / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Cornel88(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
I had this argument with some friends at work few days ago, between Mess and Beyonce, who is more popular? The argument lasted for days and ended in a stalemate. So, I thought I should bring it here. Pls give you judgment with reason(s).
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by JoktyJohn(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Messi of course
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Be wetin? Is Messi jor cheesy cheesy
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by bjprodint(f): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
its beyounceeeeeeee.........everybody love music but not everybody love football,even a 2yrs old girl knows eyounceee

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by homesteady(m): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Beyonce ke? Messi is more popular!
Football has spread it's wing to every corner in this world!
While Music is kinda limited because of the language barrier!
So that's why Messi is more popular! Even in arab and asia countries, he is known there.
Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
bjprodint: its beyounceeeeeeee.........everybody love music but not everybody love football,even a 2yrs old girl knows eyounceee
I don't love music so minus 1 from everybody grin but football? Is off the hook kiss kiss kiss everybody love football even the unborn child
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Afam4eva(m): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
This is not easier cos both of them are known in different genre of endeavor and they typically don't have the same fans. While Beyoncee will be known by music lovers, Messi will be more popular among football and sports enthusiasts. To really know who's more popular, we need to know the percentage of people who folllow football/sports and people who follow music. But personally, for some reason, i'll want to give it to Beyoncee and it's because, most if not all sports fans listen to music and may have heard of Beyoncee before but not all Music lovers follow sports let alone football. I may be wrong though.
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Heliesha: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
messi jor
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
homesteady: Beyonce ke? Messi is more popular!
Football has spread it's wing to every corner in this world!
While Music is kinda limited because of the language barrier!
So that's why Messi is more popular! Even in arab and asia countries, he is known there.
Thanks smiley
Music has no language. I've seen these American musicians fill up a capacity stadium in countries where the only word they undertstand in English is "Come". Doesn't Shakira's Spanish songs trend all over the world?
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Cornel88(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
I don't think music has to do with language alone. I remember the Awilo days, how he rocked nigerian parties singing with french.
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by kunlery911(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
b for sure cuz u only know messi if u know about football. my parent dont know mess but am sure they know b grin
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Fkforyou(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
We can use their social media statistics to know,i.e the number of fans they have on facebook,twitter,instagram and offcourse 2go...lol
But personaly I would go for lionel messi b'cos there are 750-800 million people around the world who watch football although the figure rises during major event like world cup and champ.league(source ask.com)....Football is loved all around d world even osama na arsenal fan,our last born self(9yrs old) wey never watch one premier league match,if u him do one fluke for football him go dey shout rooney talk more or less of Messi.
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ said messi aπϑ micheal jackson,well its understandable but queen bee?no way,NA MESSI jhur
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Tuntheycr7: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pls wen you changed d topic to Mikel Obi vs Beyonce do flash mi

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by youngice(m): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Abeg help me tell those pple on 'trace sport stars' that messi is more popular
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by homesteady(m): 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Music has no language. I've seen these American musicians fill up a capacity stadium in countries where the only word they undertstand in English is "Come". Doesn't Shakira's Spanish songs trend all over the world?

I was actually trying to say religion stuffs!
The middle east countries are not secular countries, so I don't expect beyonce to be popular there! Besides who'll dance to her songs there!
But we all know that the middle east are football fanatics!
So Messi would be very popular in the middle east, while Beyonce would not be popular there!
Even here in Nigeria, down North! I'm sure most people don't know her! But they surely know Messi! Even all this fulani Nomads! They know Messi! And I'm sure you don't expect them to know beyonce!

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Afam4eva(m): 12:00am On Oct 15, 2013
homesteady:

I was actually trying to say religion stuffs!
The middle east countries are not secular countries, so I don't expect beyonce to be popular there! Besides who'll dance to her songs there!
But we all know that the middle east are football fanatics!
So Messi would be very popular in the middle east, while Beyonce would not be popular there!
Even here in Nigeria, down North! I'm sure most people don't know her! But they surely know Messi! Even all this fulani Nomads! They know Messi! And I'm sure you don't expect them to know beyonce!
You just mentioned where Messi has an edge but there are other areas that Beyonce has an edge which i have mentioned previously. There's no human being on earth that does not or have not listened to music before and a huge populations of these music enthusiast may have heard of Beyince. But the same cannot be said of Messi.
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by homesteady(m): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
You just mentioned where Messi has an edge but there are other areas that Beyonce has an edge which i have mentioned previously. There's no human being on earth that does not or have not listened to music before and a huge populations of these music enthusiast may have heard of Beyince. But the same cannot be said of Messi.

But I hope you know that Beyonce music is for a specific age grade, which is the younger generation!
How many people in Nigeria that are above like 50 years would know beyonce??
She's only a household name among the youths!
But Most elderly people still watch football! So they'll surely know Messi!

2 Likes

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Afam4eva(m): 12:33am On Oct 15, 2013
homesteady:

But I hope you know that Beyonce music is for a specific age grade, which is the younger generation!
How many people in Nigeria that are above like 50 years would know beyonce??
She's only a household name among the youths!
But Most elderly people still watch football! So they'll surely know Messi!
You have a point there!!!
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by foyeks2001(f): 2:57am On Oct 15, 2013
Lionel Messi ofcourse..
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Haywhymido(m): 3:55am On Oct 15, 2013
bjprodint: its beyounceeeeeeee.........everybody love music but not everybody love football,even a 2yrs old girl knows eyounceee
n wot of a 2yrs old boy dat knw n love messi
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by demelza: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2013
Its Bey of course. Messi is only known where there are football enthusiasts. Bey is known where ever music is being played.
Not every country is a fan of football e.g USA. Their national sport is baseball, even ice hockey trumps soccer there.
The world does not revolve around football, but it does around music.

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2013
Even if you go to any villages or towns apart from the major cities in Nigeria, a 3yrs old will tell you it's Messi. Who is Beyonce?
Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by homesteady(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2013
demelza: Its Bey of course. Messi is only known where there are football enthusiasts. Bey is known where ever music is being played.
Not every country is a fan of football e.g USA. Their national sport is baseball, even ice hockey trumps soccer there.

Who told you that USA does not like football? shocked They have the best women football team in the world! Their male team are also trying!
Although their league is not as popular as the likes of them Barcelona, chelsea e.t.c because of the European factor! But some popular players have played their, e.g Beckham and thiery henry!
There is no country that football is not popular there!
But there are many countries that beyonce's music is not popular there

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi And Beyonce, Who Is More Popular? by Cornel88(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
demelza: Its Bey of course. Messi is only known where there are football enthusiasts. Bey is known where ever music is being played.
Baseball, I thought it was basketball.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caroline Danjuma Flaunts Outstanding Boobs At Public Events / Hushpuppi Buy New Mini Ferrari For Ghanaian Star, Shatta Bandle As Birthday Gift / Mish Akwa Ibom Ayaya Biography: Life And Legacy Of The Akwa Ibom Born Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.