Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

East Dr Congo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / East Dr Congo (2578 Views)

Re: Bantu/benue-congo/igbo Relationship. / Early History Of The Niger-congo Speakers (igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Mande, Etc) / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

East Dr Congo by Zairois: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Why do you nairlanders always say us congolese bleach and are short -.-. First of all there are many light skinned congolese you ignorant shts when it's only a few of the musicians, and we aren't short the short congolese are from the west side of the country they are similar stature to you nigerians. Us in the east are tall , for we are all one as the children of lake tanganyika the lake that also hosts our cousins in Burundi to our cousins in tanzania.
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
We also don't speak lingala we only learn French at school but at home and in the city we speak Swahili smiley .
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
u r talking well of Eastern DR Kongo and kinda trashing your west side why? undecided y'all congolese after all
can u please tell us more about the culture there, and the current political trouble?

2 Likes

Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
I'm not insulting the west side but historically Kongo kingdom was from congo Brazzaville , western DRC and Angola. Eastern congolese weren't congolese we were our independent nations like the province of Katanga.which is why you can find similar tribes in Angola , congo Brazzaville , and western point DRC which won't be present In the other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Zairois: I'm not insulting the west side but historically Kongo kingdom was from congo Brazzaville , western DRC and Angola. Eastern congolese weren't congolese we were our independent nations like the province of Katanga.which is why you can find similar tribes in Angola , congo Brazzaville , and western point DRC which won't be present In the other parts of the country.

Thank u for the info smiley
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yes madame
Re: East Dr Congo by onila(f): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2013
I see yr not that proud to be Congolese undecided

we wanna make eastern congo a country
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
I agree 100% that both Eastern and Western Congo are extremely different whether it be looks, culture, language,etc...Eastern Congolese people have more in common with Africans from the great lake regions(i.e Rwandans, Ugandans, Tanzanians). You are also right about Eastern Congo having nothing to do with the Kongo Kingdom, but I think Congo got its name from the Congo river which flows in both the west and east than the Kongo Kingdom.

Anyways whats with you trashing west Africans, especially the English speaking ones. Also whats wrong with creole? You can say its a Caribbean thing or New world thing. I think its good actually...The slaves lost their native language, so they developed their OWN one, instead using a language GIVEN(FORCED) to them. If you think that's bad, then I don't know about you...
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2013
onila: I see yr not that proud to be Congolese undecided

Eastern Congo can't become its own independent country anytime with all those wars and other bad stuff happening in that region. Not trying to insult East Congo, just stating fact. Instead of splitting from the West Congo. Eastern Congo should stop all those wars in that area, clear out all the rebels(including the Rwandan ones) and corrupt people. Then have the Rwandan govt on charges for crime against humanity. After that the DRC should development its economy and have FULL CONTROL over its resources. Seriously...A stable DRC, with all the resources it has could e a huge superpower even more powerful than the USA, yeah I said it. Congo is RICH in resources. The DRC could one day be the RICHEST country, the next Mali Empire(which was also the richest empire). Not lying...Heck most African nations have potential if they get their acts together. Nigeria could potential become waaaaaay more powerful than the UK with its resources. Nigeria could easily develop nukes, even heard they were going to but something happened.

I know this may sound crazy, but I think the west is purposely starting petty wars in the Congo and backing both the Rwandan and Ugandan govt. Think about it...The Congo has many resources that we need. One of the resources are used for the computers, computers that we are using right now. A stable Congo would not be good for the west. Lets all just think about it...

1 Like

Re: East Dr Congo by Bpriest(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
You guys are all Bantu. and I don't see any difference
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Bantu is just a language group...
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bpriest: You guys are all Bantu. and I don't see any difference

That's your ignorance talking.
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
KidStranglehold: I agree 100% that both Eastern and Western Congo are extremely different whether it be looks, culture, language,etc...Eastern Congolese people have more in common with Africans from the great lake regions(i.e Rwandans, Ugandans, Tanzanians). You are also right about Eastern Congo having nothing to do with the Kongo Kingdom, but I think Congo got its name from the Congo river which flows in both the west and east than the Kongo Kingdom.

Anyways whats with you trashing west Africans, especially the English speaking ones. Also whats wrong with creole? You can say its a Caribbean thing or New world thing. I think its good actually...The slaves lost their native language, so they developed their OWN one, instead using a language GIVEN(FORCED) to them. If you think that's bad, then I don't know about you...

My bad about that once I get on my comp ill re edit those messages. I realized I was acting like the ignorant Somalis wow.
Re: East Dr Congo by alanmwene: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zairois: I'm not insulting the west side but historically Kongo kingdom was from congo Brazzaville , western DRC and Angola. Eastern congolese weren't congolese we were our independent nations like the province of Katanga.which is why you can find similar tribes in Angola , congo Brazzaville , and western point DRC which won't be present In the other parts of the country.
You are talking rubbish!Go learn history!You want to make people believe that there was a clear divide between west kongo and East kongo?How come the lundas(Katanga) and the chokwes of angola have common ancestors Chibinda Ilunga(luba) and chinawezi(lunda)?How come the lubas are related to the Loangos/vilis of congo-brazzaville?You find the same institutions(chikumbi,chibau,etc.........) common to lubas and loangos,whereas the kongos give them slightly different names(kikumba,etc........).Granted that historically the name kongo applied to the south west of DRC,the congo-brazzalle,the north of angola and the south of gabon coz all these regions belonged to the kingdom of kongo.But this historical name was extended to all regions of the kongo river basin.Dont fake history to fulfill whatever political agenda you may have coz it wont work!In any case,you still have a lot to learn before saying any meaningful things.
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Eastern Congo can't become its own independent country anytime with all those wars and other bad stuff happening in that region. Not trying to insult East Congo, just stating fact. Instead of splitting from the West Congo. Eastern Congo should stop all those wars in that area, clear out all the rebels(including the Rwandan ones) and corrupt people. Then have the Rwandan govt on charges for crime against humanity. After that the DRC should development its economy and have FULL CONTROL over its resources. Seriously...A stable DRC, with all the resources it has could e a huge superpower even more powerful than the USA, yeah I said it. Congo is RICH in resources. The DRC could one day be the RICHEST country, the next Mali Empire(which was also the richest empire). Not lying...Heck most African nations have potential if they get their acts together. Nigeria could potential become waaaaaay more powerful than the UK with its resources. Nigeria could easily develop nukes, even heard they were going to but something happened.

I know this may sound crazy, but I think the west is purposely starting petty wars in the Congo and backing both the Rwandan and Ugandan govt. Think about it...The Congo has many resources that we need. One of the resources are used for the computers, computers that we are using right now. A stable Congo would not be good for the west. Lets all just think about it...
The part of congo I'm from katanga which is in the east is safe the only problem is that the corruption of politicians is making it hard for the state to improve like how can you improve if you aren't building new roads, buildings etc. with that said the congolese won't give us out indepedant state like we used to be, because a large portion of the wealth it earns would be lost if katanga were to be independent. Google it it's amazing how much wealth katanga produces.
Also this is a little fact the name katanga is of swahili origin meaning Kata (to be cut) nga(out of). These people wana be free

2 Likes

Re: East Dr Congo by alanmwene: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
By the way,why do you call yourself "zairois"?Do you know from which tribe this name came from?Zaire is just a Portuguese deformation of the kongo word Nzadi and this "zaire" word was used by mobutu to create a fictitious and ahistorical nation associated to his person:Zaire was his creation and his property!It may better for you to call yourself katangais!
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
You are talking rubbish!Go learn history!You want to make people believe that there was a clear divide between west kongo and East kongo?How come the lundas(Katanga) and the chokwes of angola have common ancestors Chibinda Ilunga(luba) and chinawezi(lunda)?How come the lubas are related to the Loangos/vilis of congo-brazzaville?You find the same institutions(chikumbi,chibau,etc.........) common to lubas and loangos,whereas the kongos give them slightly different names(kikumba,etc........).Granted that historically the name kongo applied to the south west of DRC,the congo-brazzalle,the north of angola and the south of gabon coz all these regions belonged to the kingdom of kongo.But this historical name was extended to all regions of the kongo river basin.Dont fake history to fulfill whatever political agenda you may have coz it wont work!In any case,you still have a lot to learn before saying any meaningful things.
Listen I'm from katanga those tribes you listed are found near the borders of those country or are immigrants who moved there a long ago when the Luba empire was expanding, some even more recently when the mineral wealth of Katanga spread and if you think I'm not joking ask any Luba or any of those people how they are treated in the capital city lubumbashi by other Kabila , ask any person from the Kasai Kabila how much they are targeted, it's the truth we aren't d the same ancestry most katangan a refer to tanzanians as our older brothers . Well my tribe does.
I'm not hating on western congo I'm just telling the world the truth
Re: East Dr Congo by alanmwene: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zairois:
Listen I'm from katanga those tribes you listed are found near the borders of those country or are immigrants who moved there a long ago when the Luba empire was expanding, some even more recently when the mineral wealth of Katanga spread and if you think I'm not joking ask any Luba or any of those people how they are treated in the capital city lubumbashi by other Kabila , ask any person from the Kasai Kabila how much they are targeted, it's the truth we aren't d the same ancestry most katangan a refer to tanzanians as our older brothers . Well my tribe does.
I'm not hating on western congo I'm just telling the world the truth
Who created the lunda kingdom?Was it a katangais or a luba?give me a straight answer!
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=alanmwene]By the way,why do you call yourself "zairois"?Do you know from which tribe this name came from?Zaire is just a Portuguese deformation of the kongo word Nzadi and this "zaire" word was used by mobutu to create a fictitious and ahistorical nation associated to his person:Zaire was his creation and his property!It may better for you to call yourself katangais![/quote
Dude chill yes Mobutu was a crazy guy but if it wasn't for him we would still have out cities named after random white people , he changed the city names from French to real Sht. Lubumbashi used to be called Elisabethville he removed the mental shakels of the oppressors

1 Like

Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
Who created the lunda kingdom?Was it a katangais or a luba?give me a straight answer!
Luba
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
Where in congo are you from man, no need to get all sensitive even go on YouTube and type in katanga you will see a documentary exposing what America did to force katanga to join congo.
Re: East Dr Congo by alanmwene: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zairois:
Luba
Ok!
1=A luba created the lunda kingdom,the central kingdom in katanga!
2=Lubas are related to the chokwes of angola and the loangos of kongo_brazzaville!
3=Where is the divide between east congo and west congo?
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
Ok!
2=Lubas are related to the chokwes of angola and the loangos of kongo_brazzaville!
Come on brother , you know for a fact that the side of the Luba people is right next to Angola doesn't mean the whole katanga is ethnically Luba please go to lubumbashi and tell ppl that your a Luba
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
Ok!

You prove me right Lubas are descendants of the expanding Luba empire more so they're related to Angolans which is why many people in katanga want these guys out they just came to take the minerals too
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
onila: I see yr not that proud to be Congolese undecided

I'm not ashamed but why should I take on an identity that isn't mine. It's like a Palestinian calling himself an Israelite.
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAF9lyhWBDc

Ok guys, I have watched this documentary a few days ago, and I was wondering how accurate is it? cuz there are always 2 sides to every story...
Has the implication of rwanda and uganda in the trouble been kinda exxagerated in the documentary? or is it how it really happened?
I hope peace for the whole country, the people have suffered too much.

I have watched another documentary on Rwanda. The documentary was about the singer Corneille and his reluctance to go visit his country of origin.
In it, KAGAME who has been putting the blame of the genocide on extremist Hutus, has been portrayed as the main responsible of the genocide. I was kinda shocked because if this is true, he may be the biggest criminal alive today. Recently Rwanda has been showing sign of economic progress, and I was happy thinking the man is doing a good job, but after seeing this documentary i really don't know what to think...
Re: East Dr Congo by alanmwene: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zairois:
You prove me right Lubas are descendants of the expanding Luba empire more so they're related to Angolans which is why many people in katanga want these guys out they just came to take the minerals too
So the lubas created the very kingdom you draw your "identity" from yet they are foreigners?You are a very confused person!Anyway,do as it pleases you!
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
alanmwene:
So the lubas created the very kingdom you draw your "identity" from yet they are foreigners?You are a very confused person!Anyway,do as it pleases you!
Katanga didn't even exist back then -.- how did they create katanga but they had their kingdom in it. You seem to be confused mon Cher .
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Are you Luba ?
Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ill post the link to the video discussing America's role in katanga when I get home from the university smiley
Re: East Dr Congo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sybellah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAF9lyhWBDc

Ok guys, I have watched this documentary a few days ago, and I was wondering how accurate is it? cuz there are always 2 sides to every story...
Has the implication of rwanda and uganda in the trouble been kinda exxagerated in the documentary? or is it how it really happened?
I hope peace for the whole country, the people have suffered too much.

I have watched another documentary on Rwanda. The documentary was about the singer Corneille and his reluctance to go visit his country of origin.
In it, KAGAME who has been putting the blame of the genocide on extremist Hutus, has been portrayed as the main responsible of the genocide. I was kinda shocked because if this is true, he may be the biggest criminal alive today. Recently Rwanda has been showing sign of economic progress, and I was happy thinking the man is doing a good job, but after seeing this documentary i really don't know what to think...
Absolutely no exxageration Rwanda is a tiny and overpopulated country (even after the genocide) with no wealth at all and wants to develop invading Congo and pillaging it's resources .

1 Like

Re: East Dr Congo by Zairois: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Translation / How True Are Stereotypes / 21 Harsh Truths Black People Don’t Want To Hear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.