Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

GTBank Customer Humiliation - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Customer Humiliation (21133 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. / Shoddy Gtbank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Bee4real: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
Benard94: thanks
Good, you can also contact their HEAD OFFICE tru e-mail, give a comprehensive accounts of what happened, also as it has been said, make your intention of closing all your accounts and any of your loved ones with them.

I had a similar incidence with SKYBANK Bowen University Iwo branch...........I had two mobile phones with me while going into the bank, just at the gate the security man asked me where are you going? I first checked my time, it was still 3:25. I said to the bank now, he said to deposit or withdraw? I answered, to transact with them. He then said You can't go in? I said WHY? He said, I don finish with you. I was angry, I shout at him and he dragged me and one of my phone fell down, I moved close to the security door of the banking hall pressed and entered. after FINISHED with my transaction I went out to meet the man, my NOKIA X6 screen had broken, I asked him if he knows how much the phone cost #85k as at 2010. I went inside to report to the Manager. He was too dull for my liken I reported to their head office and at the end of the whole story.........my phone was repaired and apology sent to me from head office.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Caracta(f): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
@kslib, i still can't wrap my head around your last comment. Are you for real? Or you are just being sarcastic?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
When someone yells 'Get Out' to you, you still stand there to 'explain' to them?
Even a soldier has no right to physically harm you. Just sue their silly arse to court and the FG will pay you heavily.

The OP broke no known rule by parking. The simple fact that he brought in that bike all alone and without a driver is enough for him to park within the premises and go about his business in peace undecided

We shouldn't excuse mediocrity in this country. If the man hates his job, he's free to quit.
You cant conclude that the guard shouted at the OP for no reason,no sane man would walk up to a well dressed man and begin to yell at him for no reason.
You have to listen or read the guard's version of the story to know what transpired,OP was at fault for ignoring the guard simple.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: Nobody is going to loose his/her job, OP was also at fault for ignoring the guard simply because he is a commoner.
Do you even know what a 'commoner' means?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by UjSizzle(f): 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
234GT: I just wish the OP knows the so many things on the mind of an average branch manager. You would have appreciated the fact that he intervened in your case. You would also have given him some time to resolve the issue.
I agree the OP was impatient with the manager, but the way the manager even 'yelled' at him AGAIN was still wrong. Even worse cos he's the manager undecided. Add that to the the obvious lack of respect for authority between the Security guard and the manager.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by ghettodreamz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
king94: Do you even know what a 'commoner' means?

Grammarians don de enter thread grin grin grin

I think we all understood his point perfectly well.

Going by the definition of a commoner which you want to display here. A commoner is an ordinary person who has no title or a rank. So, since the security man could be addressed as his name dictates then that makes him 'No commoner' right?

Isn't that what your trying to point out by your Q ? grin
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by UjSizzle(f): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: You cant conclude that the guard shouted at the OP for no reason,no sane man would walk up to a well dressed man and begin to yell at him for no reason.
You have to listen or read the guard's version of the story to know what transpired,OP was at fault for ignoring the guard simple.
It isn't yelling as much as it's addressing him rudely. I have had such encounter with some staff in certain establishments and most times it takes the interferance of a more cool headed professional colleague to calm me down.

So yes it is possible to have someone yell at you for no justifiable reason. A staff shouldn't even yell at a customer in the first place to begon with.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by 234GT(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
Why is almost everybody feeling the OP is a saint? No sane person will ever state the rude acts he put up in his account of an incident like this, so let's be careful in asking for the heads of the security man and the BM.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by kflexxy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Just Passing By..
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by andyanders: 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
Go and check yourself before you start trying to make someone loose his job for your arrogant attitude.

Well said. Op should have waited to explain to the security man the need for him to park his bike there. Why must you disobey the man. He was doing his job hence his action. Did you wait to ask him where he wants you to park? I believed that he would have directed you to where to park. Never try to be egocentric with your person no matter how much you have with any bank or the bank. People who got the cash are not too proud. Many people has falling victim to Okada riders who steal and even kill their victims.

Never try to show who you are to the public.Your action alone will tell anyone out there who you are. Do you want the bank manager to leave his seat because of you? My friend, better learn how to behave in the public. There are places you go to even in the developed world, you will be told not to park at a particular spot. So, grow up OP.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by mavinc4u(f): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
1. There are simple bank policies and this one clearly stated that 'commercial' bikes could not be parked in the bank premises. The OP went with a 'Private' bike. No rule was broken.

2. Another security man had already given him the permission to park his bike there. Even if the rules have suddenly been changed, why was there another bike parked there? Preferential treatment? undecided

3. The security guard was rude. If you must carry out your duty esp when it relates with people, you need to manage them properly. The Manager on the other hand is very incompetent. Imagine having no control over your staff undecided
In fact the Human Resource personnel needs to be questioned too.
GTBank staff are unruly. No one should treat a customer that way. They need to be taught a lesson.

OMG, you are great. This is my first time of reading a brilliant reply on a post in nairaland. God bless you for this piece. All those insulting and accusing the OP should please read this lady's reply; is so explanatory. She really understood the message the OP passed along and narrated it very well for those that find it difficult to assimilate. Kudos. Keep it up
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
ghettodreamz:

How would you have taken the OP as portraying a typical Naija mentality? Bare in mind that we all don't really know what had really led to this and we shouldn't be biased about our judgement. Hence, the reason why I had made my own suggestion based on the information and report contained herein as narrated by the OP.

Of course, not all bank security staffs are this rude, have met several of them and most of them are humble souls and would treat and relate to customers in a humble and friendly manners. Even some CSO will even want to help you regardless of your age as long as you are a customer. Bank staffs or any security agent staff attached to any bank or wherever just don't have right to yell at their customers in such manner, that's rather rude and I would have done the same,xCEPt if the said security man in question is as old as my father or parent. And I don't envision such happening in this scenario because older/fam men who had one way or the other found themselves working at the bank security post would definitely be wise and matured enough not to talk or address someone as young as their kids' or siblings age in such a rather rude manner.

On the other hand, anything could happen and I understand your opinion exactly but whatever might have transpired between the OP and the security personnel, I still don't think he had done the right thing by involving the school's security into this, that's like complicating it, making matter worse for a customer, that's uncalled for and vexing.
You can never judge a case without listening to both parties involved,we cant conclude and take side with the OP base on what he posted here.
There is no way a security guard would walk up to you and begin to yell or hurl insults at you,its almost impossible.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Grammarians don de enter thread grin grin grin

I think we all understood his point perfectly well.

Going by the definition of a commoner which you want to display here. A commoner is an ordinary person who has no title or a rank. So, since the security man could be addressed as his name dictates then that makes him 'No commoner' right?

Isn't that what your trying to point out by your Q ? grin
The guy had no point because the op is also a commoner.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
king94: Do you even know what a 'commoner' means?
lol.... Imagine a half-baked birdbrain forming prof on NL.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by UjSizzle(f): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Kslib:
You have to understand that the modus operandi of Staffs(those who work inside the bank) is different from that of lets say "a security man". I am not in anyway saying that security men are ordered to be harsh but the instructions given to them by the bank is simple "Call anyone to order to who violates the rules".. The man is just protecting his job. Who wants to gets sacked cos of a customers mistake.

In the security man's words------ "Get out!! Leave here!".. To be honest, i see nothing insulting or demeaning in those words. Yes, it sounds harsh but hey! Nigerians are equally damn stubborn and like it is said "Iron sharpenth Iron".. Its not like he called the @op a foool,iddiot or something of that nature.. I only see a security man who was surprised that despite the continuous endless emphasis which has been made on parking, people still find it hard to obey.

Funny how you are focusing on the words of the security but refused to address the op's decision to ignore someone who was calling him to order. He could have used just a minute to explain but he ignored the man. I call that rude.

Yes, every company wants to protect her image but are you trying to tell me that what the security man did should warrant any sanction on him or the bank? Sometimes, i feel like we Nigerians like to feel over important and blow things out of proportion when clearly we (the ones laying the complaint) are also guilty to some extent just like the OP.

Just like you said "Managing a job that involves regular contact with people require certain skills". This statement is true and that is why i said "The modus operandi of a security man is diff from someone who works in the customer care unit". People who work in security units are required to develop thick skin by default and exude an aura of toughness and authority.

Being rude and being tough are two different things. The job of a security man requires some certain level of toughness considering who they(the security) are dealing with here----- The ever stubborn Nigerians.
All izz well!
Please go back to the initial post of the OP, read it again carefully. Then go back to my first response to your comment and read it again.
I have a feeling you missed certain things from his narrative smiley
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by bigiyaro(m): 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
the same with Gtb in jos. rude guards.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by UjSizzle(f): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
mavinc4u:

OMG, you are great. This is my first time of reading a brilliant reply on a post in nairaland. God bless you for this piece. All those insulting and accusing the OP should please read this lady's reply; is so explanatory. She really understood the message the OP passed along and narrated it very well for those that find it difficult to assimilate. Kudos. Keep it up
Thank you smiley
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: lol.... Imagine a half-baked birdbrain forming prof on NL.
Very funny.Due to ur insecurities,u have chosen to move towards insults.I was brought up well so I won't dignify you with a befitting reply.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Olamilekan08(m): 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
infoscope: Nairalanders dont get to understand a post very well before making unnecessary comments
u ar right. I was wondering if sum pple even read half of the post or they read it backward.
Maybe they nid sumone to do d explanation for them to undastand.
I even wonder if they knw he is usin a private bike and not d public one dat is nt suppose to b park there. So he is right, and he did not disobey any known rule.
But he maybe at fault 2, for ignorin d security man,bt d security man 2 harsh na, dats nonsense,he is suppose to talk 2 him like a man and nt like his children at home. But that does not measure up to the treatment he received.
Anyway, op report the branch 2 higher authority as sumone said earlier.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Caracta(f): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: You can never judge a case without listening to both parties involved,we can conclude and take side OP base on what he posted here.
There is no way a security would walk up to you and begin to yell or hurl insults at you,its almost impossible.

It is possible. I went to make enquiries at a library recently. They close 4pm but because i was held up by work and traffic, i got there 4:15pm. I already called the manager to tell him i would be a little late and he told me not to worry, that i should just tell the guards at the gate that i'm on appointment. I got there, smiled and greeted the 3 guards, told them i was there to see Mr so and so and i already called earlier bla bla bla.

The others quickly opened the gate. The third and oldest came and started shouting. "Noooo. Go away. We close 4pm. You are lying. Go away. Get lost!" He was screaming so loud that i was scared. More like someone with mental issues. Had to call the manager to come over to the gate.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Caracta(f): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Olamilekan08:
u ar right. I was wondering if sum pple even read half of the post or they read it backward.

Lol...this is funny grin
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
king94: Very funny.Due to ur insecurities,u have chosen to move towards insults.I was brought up well so I won't dignify you with a befitting reply.
Insecurities? You prolly have a different definition of the word "insecurity" to what my dictionary taught me, abeg park well for corner make I see road jare.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Jadeng: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
@OP,
If I can recall correctly, this bank or another within the school premises was robbed in recent times.
Its no news that, bike, either private or public are not allowed in or around banks. I've witnesses what these bike men do in Lagos.
Am sure if the bank security was a MOPOL, it would have been a different story.
My advice is for you to go back and appologize to the bank security for disobeying him.
Plead with him to help you get your bike back.

Let this be a lesson too..... Never underestimate anyone.

God help you.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: Insecurities? You prolly have a different definition of the word "insecurity" to what my dictionary taught me, abeg park well for corner make I see road jare.
I don't want 2 waste my day arguing with you.I have better things to do and I'm sure you also do.Takia.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Kslib(m): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Please go back to the initial post of the OP, read it again carefully. Then go back to my first response to your comment and read it again.
I have a feeling you missed certain things from his narrative smiley
I dont think i missed anything.. I am also looking at this ish from the security man's point of view.

"Na person wey first call police dey win case" and guess what? That same addage is playing out here. How i wish the security man can also come and lay his complaint here. smiley smiley

Latest info suggests that thesame bank was robbed of recent. Shey u dey see am? The security man is doing his Job..

Well,lets just end the argument here cos nobody will agree.
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by dante23: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
This is a big laughing matter. In my own opinion, this is not your first time of doing such. You also have accounts in hard currencies? i just dey scatter laugh the more. Just stick to your naira account, You shall be treated fairly. Go ahead and stick to your story but remember that the entire bank and its environs are covered with CCTVs. If you change a letter in any of the words in this story, ur okada and the balance of all your accounts should be seized and/or donated to charity in the name of the bank. grin grin grin grin grin

Well, It is a public holiday, pls send them some meat and then you can sue them later. grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by UjSizzle(f): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
*face palm* I give up. Not everyone gave maximum attention to the Comprehension and Summary part of their English classes.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by sponkino89(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bro, listen u r 2 b blame 4 d rude gesture u xperience. U knw dat bikes r nt allowed, nd u tink dat rules shuld b brken cos ur friend is waitin in lagos-who cares? Simply obey instructin nd stop bein gloriously stuborn. I ll advice though dat u go bak 2 d bank afta holidy, d bike ll b recieved 2 u nd plz stop complainin cos u deserved d purnishment aftal d security man(though rude) warned u bt u refused. Tanks
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by superstar1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Olamilekan08:
I even wonder if they knw he is usin a private bike and not d public one dat is nt suppose to b park there. So he is right, and he did not disobey any known rule.
But he maybe at fault 2, for ignorin d security man. But that does not measure up to the treatment he received.

Oga, whether privates or public, bikes are not allowed within the banking premises or at most they have a designated point for parking and monitoring. If it was a mopol that ordered the OP to park somewhere else, will he dare walk away.

2 branches of banks were robbed on the same campus last week with bikes. Bikes are always used to snatch customers money as they are stepping out of the banks and you think the guard is out of line to call in the school security. He is simply doing his job.

OP should realise bank is a customer friendly and extremely security sensitive environment. Why expecting you to be treated as king, they should not also compromise their security just because you want to be king. I have been in a Barclays Bank in London where the bank called in the police for a customer. So what are we talking about here. We have the wrong idea of what customer is always right nonsense is. Customer is always right notion also comes with a responsibility on the part of the customer.

No bank will allow you to disobey their security personnel because that is their first line of defense.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Kslib(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Caracta: @kslib, i still can't wrap my head around your last comment. Are you for real? Or you are just being sarcastic?
Sarcastic? No.
Real? Yes.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by ghettodreamz(m): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
uj_sizzle: *face palm* I give up. Not everyone gave maximum attention to the Comprehension and Summary part of their English classes.

gringringrin
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by settie: 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Benard94: I was at the GT Bank today (OAU, ILE-IFE branch) to deposit a sum of money. I went with a private bike to the bank. It has been continually emphasized that public bikes are not allowed at the bank’s car park (although no symbolic indication there). On this day, I was about parking this bike of mine on the slab as I use to do. Apart, I met another bike on this same slab and I have once being told by a security man that private bikes are allowed on the slab.

Being in a hurry to deposit the money as my friend is waiting to cash it in Lagos; I didn’t utter a word, parked and entered the bank...

After discovering this, I went back to the bank to report the case to the branch manager. He asked me to wait and kept calling the security man to come in for about two times. When I discovered this man didn’t regard the manager, I told the manager I don’t have all day. He replied “don’t you see I have called him to come? If you can’t wait, go and meet him yourself or do what you like”.

I was highly bewildered; the manager has no grip over his security man.

This is a bank with which I have accounts in naira and hard currencies. What should I do? PLS ADVICE

Pally, I extracted the above to highlight the underlining attitude that led d situation to degenerate.

Firstly u said a security man told u private bikes were allowed on d slab. Hearsay, if u ask me.u can't prove that.
Another bike on the slab could mean that the person in question must have explained his situation to the guards, unlike you who found them too little to engage in a civil conversation.

Next u reported an already degenerated situation to d manager. Guess what? He will be thorough in handling it.
Calling a security personnel from his duty post means drafting someone to cover d post before the guard can leave. If after only a few minutes u loose ur head and start blabbing, then this conduct further emphasises d underlining attitude that caused d prblm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention. / Bode Agusto Is Dead / Zenith Bank Commiserates With Sanwo-Olu On Abule-Ado Explosion, Donates ₦100M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.