Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria (20728 Views)

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan / How Much Cost Is Required For Small Cement Plant Setup In India / Opening A Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by cyomi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
Can anyone please brief me on how to register a chemist or pharmacy store in Nigeria, I study pharmacy Technician NVQ3 in the UK and I have being working in a pharmacy company in the Uk for 10 years now. I wish to have a pharmacy store in Lagos or Ibadan, what I need to know is (!) The requirement to own a pharmacy (2) Registration/Government approval. Any usefull advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by ZAYD(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2011
Have u gotten the information. I just stumble upon your question today.

To open a community pharmacy in nigeria
You need to be a pharmacist or you employ a pharmacist.
If you employ a pharmacist to register the premises for you;
you will not be allow to operate a retail outlet because a
retail outlet is only register for a pharmacist that want to
open a pharmacy.

After that has been put in place. you walk to any of the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
office in the state to pick up the application form and all other things will follow.
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by dandollar1: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
Please house, how lucriatve is retail pharmacy?
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by ZAYD(m): 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2011
Retail Pharmacy is very lucrative and profitable
here in Nigeria especially if you know how to go
about it. I've been in the business for a while
and i didnt regret it.
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by BoyDimples: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2012
Hey does any1 know how to register as a pharmacist in Nigeria or how to go about it nothin online explains that Im a practising pharmacist with the GPHC in the UK and want to registee in nigeria too
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
BoyDimples: Hey does any1 know how to register as a pharmacist in Nigeria or how to go about it nothin online explains that Im a practising pharmacist with the GPHC in the UK and want to registee in nigeria too

The answer to your question depends on a number of factors. Where did you get your degree in Pharmacy? How long have you practiced? I think foreign graduates are still required to do a 6 weeks course before they can be registered,you would also need to show your NYSC discharge certificate or exemption cert depending along with your degree cert (of course) and then pay the proscribed fees. If you are serious about it, Whenever next you are in Abuja, a visit to the Pharmacist's Council will give you more specific details.
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by Affamefuna(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Must one get a licensed pharmacist before one can open a pharmaceutical store? I av masters in public health,will that offer me any advantage cos I think getting a licensed pharmacist that wnt overcharge is whr d problem is taking into consideration that its a new prospect and all avenues to save cost will be highly appreciated. Pls advise
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2013
^Sorry, only a pharmacist can open a Pharmacy store.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
cool
Re: What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria by ezeama1010(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
are you a pharmacist?

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / Six Silly Mistakes Business Owners Do / I Need Your Advise On A Business To Start With 10k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.