Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Fashion Tips For The Ladies - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Tips For The Ladies (605 Views)

Fashion tips: What To Wear this 2015 (Photos) / 5 Fashion Tips For An Instant Slim Down / Fashion Tips:how To Turn Your Boyfriend’s/dad’s/brother’s Shirt Into A Dress! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Tips For The Ladies by yhuci(m): 12:26am On Oct 15, 2013
In the words of famous french designer Coco Chanel;
"fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions".

It is very important to keep this in mind while deciding on what fashion trend to embrace. I always maintain that just because a particular style is in vogue doesn't mean it is for everybody;(dem no get u for mind sow am) when women begin to understand this we will begin to see less fashion faux pas on the red carpet and on the streets.

A style that has grabbed my attention lately is the asymmetrical dress or the one-hand dress like most people choose to call it. This style dates back centuries when even men in the Roman Empire wore them, then they were known as the "toga". Fashion being what it is, it comes as no surprise that this style has evolved over the years and has still managed to stay relevant in our society.

The asymmetrical dress is a personal favourite of mine and if worn by the right person it drapes the body perfectly and exudes an effortless elegance that is difficult to achieve normally. This is why I cannot help but cringe and sigh in disappointment whenever I see the wrong person rocking this style.

What does it take to pull off an asymmetrical dress you might ask? Have no fear,I'm here to answer just that.

First thing you must take into consideration before you make that decision to wear that asymmetrical dress is the state of your arms; if you have been lax about going to the gym and subsequently your arms have lost their tone and become flabby then this style is a no-no for you. In my opinion the beauty of the asymmetrical dress is heightened when your arms are well toned, because this style leaves one shoulder bare it doesn't DO YOU JUSTICE if your arms aren't toned

Secondly, you must take your type of shoulders into consideration before you decide to wear that stunning asymmetrical dress to that red carpet event you've been looking forward to for weeks. While a woman with broad shoulders would totally pull off this style, it would not look right on a woman with slumped shoulders. women that fall in the latter category do not despair, the high-shouldered jacket was made for you. The high-shouldered jacket gives the shoulders a more defined, structured look and at the same time exudes sophistication. They come in different cuts, colours and styles and are designed to flatter different body types. Stars like Lady Gaga,Rihanna, Beyonce and even the late king of pop Michael Jackson have been spotted rocking this fabulous trend. Any woman worth her salt in fashion should have at least one in her closet; I know I do.

A woman must cause heads to turn when she enters a room so keep looking FABULOUS and remember: confidence is the most important fashion accessory..Ladies please look classy..

(1) (Reply)

I Need Ur Suggestion / Lightening Serum With Natural Content Is Available / Fashionable Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.