Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

What Are You Thankful For? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are You Thankful For? (937 Views)

Nairalander, What Are You Thankful For This Year!!!! / Happy Thanksgiving. What Are You Thankful For? / Half Of The Year, What Are You Thankful For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Hi everyone,hope y'all having a nice emm Eid mubarak(sallah:I don't know d exact one) celebration.come to think of it I don't have any muslim friends.so I only hear about stuff like this.I've never seen it happening.

Anyway to the topic of today. Y'all know most times how the stress and disappointments in life make us cranky and irritable.such that we sometimes end up being rude and snappy to one another.

It would be nice once in a while to sit and count our blessings.makes us realize how lucky we are despite everything else that we don't like about our lives.
As for me,I witnessed recently the death of a very beautiful young woman(not older than me)and I thought,that could have been me.
So am I happy to be alive today?
Yea.and thankful too.

I'm thankful I've got health to go with the life.only a sick person can appreciate the beauty of health.

I'm thankful I've got family that loves me smiley
I know people who have strained relationships with their parents.but I'm lucky mine isn't so.

I'm thankful I've got a man that loves me too.
I see and read about the horrendous things some men do to their women.and even when I log onto NL,I see those kind of men too and I wonder what I did to deserve being treated like a Queen.NOTHING! So I am thankful for that.

I'm thankful my mom didn't marry a very ugly man grin grin
I might have turned out ugly.(Not that I wouldn't love myself if I did)but well...I'm thankful it didn't happen.

I'm thankful I found Nairaland.it's a funny place to unwind after a hectic day. smiley
And the trolls? The e-fights? The clowns? The chauvinists? Et cetera.it's a great community smiley smiley

I've a long list of things I'm thankful for.and Even while there are problems and shortcomings in my life,I've realized that it could be worse but since it isn't,
I APPRECIATE

What are you thankful for?
It pays to count your blessings.that thing u take for granted and count as common,is someone else's dream.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am thankful to be alive today,am thankful to have the most wonderful family,am thankful that GOD created me with a good heart,am thankful that am fulfilling my dreams,am thankful that I am able to over-come any sort of challenges ,am happy I have wonderful friends around me,am happy to be a nairalander nairaland a place where I have shared and received love from the good people,a place where we fight we settle it we learn from each other we care about each other,we say things the way we see it,the funny events on the forum,the funny people,the people I call the end time crew those people that burst my ears with end time things,those people that quote a very long sentence just to say "ok",what a lively forum,and finally am thankful I met beautiful and caring lady like loretta u!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by badmeat(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
I thank God for giving me a good life,and money to furnish the good life,smiley
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
mayten30: and finally am thankful I met beautiful and caring lady like loretta u!!!
sweet kiss
Thanks
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Well lucky you then smiley
bad meat: I thank God for giving me a good life,and money to furnish the good life,smiley
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by luvlyoracle(m): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by crackhaus: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'm thankful that I finally got a 'Follow back' from someone on Nairaland, maybe she finally took me serious amidst all my sarcasm and misplaced humour OR just out of courtesy...whichever, I'm grateful for that.

So loretta, which one are you really...single or in a committed relationship?
Cos there was a comment you made somewhere on another thread of yours about being single, or are my making that up in my head
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Well
I'm in a relationship
But my legal status is SINGLE until a ring proves otherwise
Don't you think?
crackhaus: I'm thankful that I finally got a 'Follow back' from someone on Nairaland, maybe she finally took me serious amidst all my sarcasm and misplaced humour OR just out of courtesy...whichever, I'm grateful for that.

So loretta, which one are you really...single or in a committed relationship?
Cos there was a comment you made somewhere on another thread of yours about being single, or are my making that up in my head
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by crackhaus: 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
lorretta u: Well
I'm in a relationship
But my legal status is SINGLE until a ring proves otherwise
Don't you think?
Hmmmm, don't know what to think...but what I'm getting is that maybe it's not a committed relationship and you won't mind being with someone else who can blow your mind, sweep you off your feet and take your breath away.
Please tell me this is what it is!
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
crackhaus:
Hmmmm, don't know what to think...but what I'm getting is that maybe it's not a committed relationship and you won't mind being with someone else who can blow your mind, sweep you off your feet and take your breath away.
Please tell me this is what it is!
actually I do mind wink
Its one man at a time for me.
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by crackhaus: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
lorretta u: actually I do mind wink
Its one man at a time for me.
grin I'll be thankful for this too should I get lucky with you in the future.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Never Knew About AK47 Kalashnikov Rifle That Has Killed More Peopl / Muslim's World Population / Amb. Gabriel Oyibode Laments And Urges Urhobo To Be United Over The Death Of Chi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.