Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot (2306 Views)

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car / The Two Boys Kidnapped By Their Nanny In Lagos Have Been Found / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot by Tinkybabe(f): 12:50am On Oct 18, 2013
wwwkaycom:
. This thing started immediately the second boy was born!

It seem to me that your first child feels threatened about his position and the love you have for him.

He probably feels that his parents are not giving him as much attention as they used to and love him less because of the arrival of his kid brother,therefore he's taking it out on him.The younger one probably reacts in the same vein his brother lashes at him..and the baby girl sees it as fun to join in the battle..

You should call them together and tell them you love them equally,show them love,when you buy something for one,buy for the other and just stress the importance of them living in peace and harmony..they are still kids so say it in a way they'd understand..

1 Like

Re: Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2013
wwwkaycom:
Dear nairalanders, kindly advise me on what to do. I have 2 little boys and a girl. The first is 4 years while the second is above 2. The two have almost the same height that some people think they are twins. The major issue is that the two of them fights a lot. They fight over everything, food, dresses, tv, etc. They compare every thing and fight over it while each is claiming that his is better. They will fight over food as if each would not have enough and at the end of the day there would be leftovers. I just came in from a store where I bought another tv now, one is already claiming the new one belong to him while his brother should take the other.
If one want to watch WAP tv, the other is asking for Mr Beans, then fight ensues. I think I have given these little boys more than enough beatings this year that I am now cautioning myself. I have also discovered that beating isnt going to solve the problem.They always wear their mum out anytime she is with them, I come back home everyday to meet them quarelling, enough complaints with one reporting the other to me. My mother in law has been saying they will outgrow it but I am really tired of these acrimonies btw 2 brothers. Again, their younger sister who is less than one is already showing some forms of aggressiveness, always wanting to join one in beating the other even with her feeble hands. See my house see drama. I put them in school and still pay teachers to organise extra lessons for them, this has not in anyway reduce their restlessness, what can I do? Kindly advise, Barka de sallah.
Hmm, my brother I will advise you do not go by saying they will outgrow it. For some that's how emnity starts till they grow old. Be rather proactive, not by beating but by sitting them down and making them to understand that they are meant to keep each other safe and not to quarrel.
Make the younger understand that it is wrong to be rude to the older and make the older understand that it is wrong not to recognise the rights of the younger ones and he should not bully nor maltreat them.
Please they are not kids o because if you know how children reason this days..hmm.
You need to make them understand that the property is yours and not theirs but their responsibility is to ensure there safety.
My take o
Re: Help; My Two Boys Fights A Lot by toyemz(f): 9:49am On Oct 18, 2013
welcome to my world
two lovely nephews who wake up every morning arguing over the most stupid things
the latest being the younger one reporting that his elder brother stole his dream!
how to deal with them:
-less sugar, restrict them to one fizzy drink a week. water is really really good for them
-get the elder one to act more calmly eg if he doesn't behave he wont go to that birthday party he's been wanting to go to
-buy them individual clothes, they are not twins,don't make them think they are
-give them separate tv times. eg one watches sponge bob for 30 mins, the other can be on the iPad or laptop for that time
-create the rule: they are not allowed to hit each other,use certain words on each other etc and punish accordingly. t doesn't matter who started the fight, the one who hit or cursed gets the punishment.One of the best punishment we mete out is to make the punished child stay in his room alone for 10 mins while the other children have fun downstairs( somehow this to them is so painful and after 2 mins, you will hear words like 'sorry' and 'can i come out now?')

Also teach them that it is ok to ignore when you know someone is picking on you .kos that's what they do, they pick on each other.
but see them outside oh, they are like a tag team
na wa oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Tricked Into Having Sex With 22men At Once / How My Boyfriend Used Fake United State Of America Number To Scam Me. / Advice On What To Say To A Young Girl Who Experienced Her First Menstrual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.