Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (56892 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Bigsteveg(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
Heard the story recently, it's about a couple, the wife's car got bad and they worked out a way where he dropped and picked her off managing 1 car. Later the wife's father buys her a car and she takes it home, on getting home the husband exploded that the father in law should not interfere in his family.
Was he right?

Guys, i'll like to hear your opinion, what will be your response if your wife suddenly brings a car home as a gift from the father?
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
What's wrong in a father buying his daughter a car since he couldn't afford one at that moment and obviously its needed ?

21 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by herald9: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
There's a probability that this story is just a story...

I may not be really happy cause he didn't inform me...but I wouldn't react cause he's my father and not an outsider...

I believe there was no hidden intention.

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
if the man had a good relationship with the father-in-law, i don't think he would have reacted that way (assuming the man in question is reasonable.)

Problems like this don't pop out of nowhere. There's probably some bad history here. its possible the father did not approve of the man from the beginning or has a history of meddling in their family affairs

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Richy4(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ego with a capital letter 'E' it is higher than mount Everest mchwwwwwww..

20 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by chuksbogus: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=Elantracey post=29048327]What's wrong in a father buying his daughter a car since he couldn't afford one at that moment and obviously its needed .

How could u say this!! it's a clear massage to the man that he us incapable of marrying his daughter. before that he should have made the man aware or seek his opinion.What the in-laws did is very bad
I mean very bad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
No, he has got some serious issues. He should deal with them.

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Elantracey:
What's wrong in a father buying his daughter a car since he couldn't afford one at that moment and obviously its needed ?

Nothing wrong, the man has got self-esteem issues.

16 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
Where do women see these kind of men they get married to?
Wonders shall never end.

32 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:
Where do women see this kind of men they get married to?
Wonders shall never end.

On Nairaland. grin

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by lilmax(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
I will be happy
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

On Nairaland. grin

Some marriages are scary I tell you.

Your father buying you a car as gift and husband dey para. So after rejecting your father's gift, in the future h gets new wife. Kick you out. What next.e

Nigerian women are the worst suffer heads on earth I tell you.
That country needs a miracle.

10 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

Some marriages are scary I tell you.

Your father buying you a car as gift and husband dey para. So after rejecting your father's gift, in the future h gets new wife. Kick you out. What next.e

Nigerian women are the worst suffer heads on earth I tell you.
That country needs a miracle.

But why would a woman get married to such a man?
Poverty can't be the answer in this case as her father can afford it to buy her a car.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

But why would a woman get married to such a man?
Poverty can't be the answer in this case as her father can afford it to buy her a car.

maybe societal pressure in order to answer Mrs okegbulem grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by EfemenaXY: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Heard the story recently, it's about a couple, the wife's car got bad and they worked out a way where he dropped and picked her off managing 1 car. Later the wife's father buys her a car and she takes it home, on getting home the husband exploded that the father in law should not interfere in his family.
Was he right?

Guys, i'll like to hear your opinion, what will be your response if your wife suddenly brings a car home as a gift from the father?

This has got to be the most silly story I've read today, and a prime example of your typical black man seeing nothing wrong with his wife suffering, as long as his over inflated ego is massaged to the nth degree.

@OP: think about it. How would you as a father whose nutured and brought up his daughter feel, seeing her suffering, knowing you could help ease her discomfort? Does being married mean that you as a father would totally wash your hands off your daughter?

If your parents had bought the car for her instead, would you still feel so miffed about it? Or still hold the opinion that your parents are interfering with your marriage?

Guy, pls.

13 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

Probably.

If she didn't want the pressure, let her have her marriage. wink
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
If your Mother in-law bought a new set of cooking pots for his daughter in-law and gave it to his son, will the daughter in-law be happy?

To all ladies that said that there is nothing wrong, if your mother in law start buying cooking pots and plates for your kitchen, will you be happy with that?

What the father in-law did that was wrong is to give the car to his daughter directly without informing his son in-law. Best way to go about it is for the father in-law to present the car to them as a couple instead of giving it to his daughter directly.

24 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
alutaa:
If your Mother in-law bought a new set of cooking pots for his daughter in-law and gave it to his son, will the daughter in-law be happy?

To all ladies that said that there is nothing wrong, if your mother in law start buying cooking pots and plates for your kitchen, will you be happy with that?

What the father in-law did that was wrong is to give the car to his daughter directly without informing his son in-law. Best way to go about it is for the father in-law to present the car to them as a couple instead of giving it to his daughter directly.

I would call my mother-in-law and thank her. Very simple.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by EfemenaXY: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
alutaa:

And would it still be disrespectful if the car was directly given to the man in question by his very own parents? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Probably.

If she didn't want the pressure, let her have her marriage. wink

Similar thing happened to my school friend. They had one car which the husband uses to work. She worked part time and always had to use taxi.

She has a wealthy dad who then bought a cleaner car (4 WD) for her. The dad has just just 2 girls.

One day the hubby wanted to stylishly take the car on the basis that her hand is not too strong for driving.(see sense)!

My friend was like 'babe, drive your own and I drive mine'. It was so funny, everyone laughed over it.

Now back to topic , Op . What exactly is the problem here?

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by EfemenaXY: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

Indeedie.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
alutaa:

You go fear reasoning na cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

Similar thing happened to my school friend. They had one car which the husband uses to work. She worked part time and always had to use taxi.

She has a wealthy dad who then bought a cleaner car (4 WD) for her. The dad has just just 2 girls.

One day the hubby wanted to stylishly take the car on the basis that her hand is not too strong for driving.(see sense)!

My friend was like 'babe, drive your own and I drive mine'. It was so funny, everyone laughed over it.

Now back to topic , Op . What exactly is the problem here?

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Was he right?

there must have been some undercurrents for the hubby to have reacted angrily. if both parties(FIL & hubby) were on the same page, it's unlikely that the hubby would react angrily with his wife's new gift from the FIL.

i'm sure this issue has been debated by both parties with the hubby insisting he's fine with the status quo & the FIL defying the hubby. in that case, it's understandable that the hubby reacted angrily. a wife will also react badly if MIL brings food from the village or brings a maid from the village to cook for the hubby.

it's not about the gift - it's the fact that the FIL's decision to buy the car will question the hubby's competence...

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:

And would it still be disrespectful if the car was directly given to the man in question by his very own parents? undecided

The girl parent or the guy parent doesn't matter. The most important thing is the way the gift was presented. It should be presented to them as a couple. This way, both the boy or the girl authority will not be undermine in the union.

There is a reason for the statement that 2 shall become one..........

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by EfemenaXY: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
alutaa:

The girl parent or the guy parent doesnt not matter. The most important thing is the way the gift was presented. It should be presented to them as a couple. This way, both the boy or the girl authority will not be undermine in the union.

There is a reason for the statement that 2 shall become one..........

Stop acting coy.

You were out all guns blazing because as a male, you feel slighted that the father-in-law stepped in, but you suddenly start getting cool when I ask if it would make a difference if the giver was/is the guy's own parents.

A man who loves his wife wouldn't want to see her suffering. The car was given to her by her father for gawd's sake! FAMILY. Not from a secret admirer. So why the unnecessary ego trip?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
chuksbogus:
How could u say this!! it's a clear massage to
the man that he us incapable of marrying his
daughter. before that he should have made the
man aware or seek his opinion.What the in-
laws did is very bad
I mean very bad.

What a joke. A man that will tell me as a father that I need his permission to buy my daughter a gift because he is her husband has proved himself a donkey. She is my daughter and no man can tell me when or how I should give my daughter a gift.

So you will ask your daughter's husband permission? Was she sold? Is she a slave?

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Stop acting coy.

You were out all guns blazing because as a male, you feel slighted that the father-in-law stepped in, but you suddenly start getting cool when I ask if it would make a difference if the giver was/is the guy's own parents.

A man who loves his wife wouldn't want to see her suffering. The car was given to her by her father for gawd's sake! FAMILY. It was from a secret admirer. So why the unnecessary ego trip?

Such things can only be discussed on NL. I love it. grin

Imagine someone complaining that your OWN FATHER gave you a car! lipsrsealed

Such men have no place in my life. My family would disown me if I dared to surround myself with such people. grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by EfemenaXY: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

What a joke. A man that will tell me as a father that I need his permission to buy my daughter a gift because he is her husband has proved himself a donkey. She is my daughter and no man can tell when or how I should give my daughter a gift.

So you will ask your daughter's husband permission? Was she sold? Is she a slave?

Finally some decent reply from a guy!

Abeg help me ask them o! It's easy to talk the talk but let them put themselves in the father's position. Na so e dey easy to misyarn from both sides of the mouth?

Mtcheew.

15 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Stop acting coy.

A man who loves his wife wouldn't want to see her suffering. The car was given to her by her father for gawd's sake! FAMILY. It was from a secret admirer. So why the unnecessary ego trip?

Lady, i am not here to win an argument by been aggressive on the internet. Too aggressive.....

My school of thoughts is that any third parties should not be allow in a marriage. If the boy parent make the proposition and he didn't discuss it with his wife or the parent did not discuss it with both of them (same situation apply to the girl parent) then, there is a fundamental issue of communication in the marriage.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video) / Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.