Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit (3502 Views)

Uk About To Axe Permanent Residence Permit For Legal Immigrants / Get A Permanent Residence Permit To Any European Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Vicjustice: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
It used to be easier, but September 11th and subsequent terror attacks that are perpetrated on religious grounds by non natives have changed the views of many in developed world in such a way that they no longer want to encourage people with foreign cultures.
There are 10 ways that I can personally think of:
1) Asylum (this is getting harrder and harder with time)
2) Amnesty (when a country feels that there are too many undocumented liability immigrants that they can't get rid of, it comes to the time that legalizing them becomes an easier option. This is comonly practiced in countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal etc).
3) Marriage to a person with rights.
4) Job offer (if an employer is willing to apply for an immigrant stay)
5) Humanitarian grounds (if removing an immigrant would endanger the person's health etc)
6) Impersonation (criminally illegal: there are vast number of Nigerians who no longer bear their original names because, they obtained their resipdence permit by impersonating someone else).
7) Child birth (especially if one of the parents is a person with rights)
8 ) Having enough capital to invest in the country.
9) Buying a reasonable property in the country
10) Being exceptionally good at a sport or education (in such a way that the country is interested to naturalize you to represent them)
+1) Adoption (for minors only)

1 Like

Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by ifegy: 2:28am On Oct 16, 2013
12) Study, in countries which allow you to follow a path to residency after study (Canada, etc)
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by solomonwis(m): 4:06am On Oct 16, 2013
13. Applying as a skilled migrant following through the country's process {Canada,Australia,New zealand,Denmark,etc have such programs in place}
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Vicjustice: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2013
I created the list in response to the below quote, so other points weren't relevant as at then.
I Hate 9ja: @ vicjustice
i found out that most immigrant do travel on visiting visa to foreign countries and after d expiration of d visa....they somehow legal/illegally *which i dont knw*they become a passport holder of such country,how is this done
2) visiting canada with a visit visa,when such travel documentation is expired,are such folks deported....Note canada
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2013
@ vicjustice
thank u once again
with ur experience abroad do u think one can get married within 4-5month b4 ones visa expire
2)u know a person cant work niether get permits with a visit visa,unless illegally,how can one get an employer during this duration,dont u think this person wld need to re-enter canada
3) let's say i av a 3months visa to canada,do u think number 3&4 can be done within this duration *i av a degree in env. Health and safety*
4)wat if my papers expire and non of d above as happened,does it result to deportation when am caught by d cops
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Vicjustice: 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ vicjustice
thank u once again
with ur experience abroad do u think one can get married within 4-5month b4 ones visa expire
2)u know a person cant work niether get permits with a visit visa,unless illegally,how can one get an employer during this duration,dont u think this person wld need to re-enter canada
3) let's say i av a 3months visa to canada,do u think number 3&4 can be done within this duration *i av a degree in env. Health and safety*
4)wat if my papers expire and non of d above as happened,does it result to deportation when am caught by d cops
1) It depends on the country though most countries do not allow a person with tourist visa to do marriage registry (like the UK, you can't marry if you are not entitled to remain in the country for more than 6 months).
2) I'm not in position to answer how a person can get employment in Canada...
3) Please, write in English, I can't cope with your manner of writing.
4) Canada hardly deport anyone except on criminal grounds: this said, you're not going to be careless enough to allow your visa to run out without making a provision for legality or at least be in an official process for legalization
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by suxes2005(m): 5:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Vicjustice:
1) It depends on the country though most countries do not allow a person with tourist visa to do marriage registry (like the UK, you can't marry if you are not entitled to remain in the country for more than 6 months).
2) I'm not in position to answer hos a person can get employment in Canada...
3) Please, write in English, I can't cope with your manner of writing.
4) Canada hardly deport anyone except on criminal grounds: this said, you're not going to be careless enough to allow your visa to run out without making a provision for legality or at least be in an official process for legalization

Well said @ bolded.

SHALOM
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by eduson33(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2013
this might not be the right thread but ma looking for mr vicjustwise..
i need your help on resizing my dv lottery passport.
hope you dont mind?
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Vicjustice: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Drop in your email address
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by eduson33(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Thanks
Vicjustice: Drop in your email address
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Vicjustice: 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
I sent you an email, you can now send me the picture(s) as attachments.
You may now wipe off the email address
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
thankz @ vicjustice thank u
3) Please, write in English, I can't cope with
your manner of writing........(is refering to the above options u listed)
secondly i mean to say i studied environmental health and safety.
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by adebayosun02: 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
@Vicjustice,
Please what info do u av/know about Belgium? Am currently considering a degree programme in University of Ghent.

How do I go about to "Legalise" academic certificate @ their home office
~
Are there student jobs around
~
How is the country economically, is it worth staying after the degree programme?
~
What about getting residence permit after the programme
~
Are there jobs upon graduation
Re: The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit by adebayosun02: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2013
~
@Vicjustice, a number of questions baffle me on
how to legalise my documents @Belgium embassy
here in Nigeria. These issues are itemised below
please help address the issues to the best of your
knowledge
I was able to copy the information below from the
VHS website
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The embassy of Belgium is only allowed to legalize
original documents or 'Certified copies'
Original documents or 'Certified copies'
A 'Certified copy' must bear:
- The mention 'Certified copy'
- The signature and the seal from the institute that
originally issued the document.
"
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
How do I go about getting "Certified copy" of my
documents although I have the originals of these
documents?
Do I make clear and clean photocopies of these my
documents and have the signature and the seal from
the institute that originally issued the document on
it. Will this be solution to the issues raised on their
site as I paste it above
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Belgian embassy in Nigeria only legalises the
signature of the authorities at the Nigerian Ministry
of Foreign affairs in Abuja.
Please make sure that before coming to the embassy
the document is signed by this authority.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is:
Do I have to travel to Nigerian Ministry of Foreign
affairs in Abuja to have these documents signed
again by the said Ministry?
From VHS websites
- - - - - - - - - - - -
.......which he/she submits to the legalisation
department of the embassy, together with the
documents to be legalised. These documents must
be originals.
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My question on the above information is: Do I have to
Submit my ORIGINAL documents along with the
documents also what did they mean by saying "
Belgian officials may refuse documents that are older
than 6 months."
Lastly, how long does it take by the embassy to
legalised documents?

I will appreciate if you can direct the answer to these questions into my mailbox because am not to frequent online.
adebayosun02@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

. / Issues Surrounding Safety Of The Nigerian Airspace And The Aviation Industry / Pre-travel: How To Navigate Long Doha Layovers With Qatar Airways Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.