Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly (9368 Views)

APC Is The Real Threat To National Security Not Me – fayose / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa / Obasanjo Returns $200 Million To National Treasury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by ballabriggs: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ovoko! Ovoko!! Ovoko!!!

Another come and chop conference by President Jonadunce.

N1 trillion for national conference. Going, going gone.....

Dead on arrival. MUHEHEHEHE ANIMALS
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by ballabriggs: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Rewind ballabriggs post from yesterday

ballabriggs: Like Abati, to expect the truth from Okupe is to expect a dead man to dance.

What has Bola Tinubu said that is unusual? That a government that discarded and worked hard to rubbish the report of committees it set up in the past can be trusted with a conference to direct the course of nationhood? Only a fool will take a mediocre leader like Okupe's oga serious on this issue. If it was a conference for sharing sapele water, I will take them serious.

We are talking of restructuring a nation where power will be reduced at the centre. Do you honestly believe President Jonadunce is willing to reduce the power held at the centre? How will he fight Amaechi then? A man intolerant of the rights of the Governors to associate through the NGF?

The joke is on all who believe his scam conference. He had the chance when he was sworn in in 2011, what did he do? He attempted a fraudulent tenure elongation bill and the very ugly Abati lied that he was not going to benefit from his scam. Now this again.

6 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Now the core-northerners can feel a sense of relieve....knowing that anything that try to alter the current status can be killed in the NASS.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by takedat(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
ilugunboy: Now the core-northerners can feel a sense of relieve....knowing that anything that try to alter the current status can be killed in the NASS.

grin cheesy
The President's intention and ignoble aim for convening a national conference is to actualize his re-election bid. So far his handpicked delegates are able to deliver on the sale of 'GEJ or nothing for 2015', all other recommendations reached can as well be served to the dogs. Any attempt to forward the recommendations of the conference to the NASS, makes the proposed tea party a ruse.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by fkaz(m): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is the 7th assembly we having now. There are bills presented to the 1st national assembly which as not be attend to, because it won't benefit them(leaders). There are bills such as petroleum industrial bill(PIB) and many other important bill at the national assembly which are yet to be treated.
I bet you, the report of the national conference will be dumped when it get to NA. My reason are
1. National assembly where the first to kick against national conference.
2. Most northern governor and senators are not in support of it. Some of them has describe the conference as waste of time.
3. The northern region still dominate national assembly more than the south and any bill that is not favourable to the north will not see the light of the day.

The national conference should be subjected to national referendum, instead of national assembly.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by edogirl2: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
I honestly didn't understand all the excitements about this national dialogue of a thing. Whoever thought this was going to produce any tangible result?

As usual the people who got most excited about it all were Southerners. The Northerners didn't appear too bothered by it all.

And the reason for their quiet confidence?

They have the final say on how, when, and if any significant changes can be made to the current set up of the country.
They have the majority in the National Assembly, and even if the National Assembly is bypassed, and the outcome of the national dialogue is put directly to the people through a referendum, the Northern voting block will absolutely pulverise the Southerners with their 'inbuilt' majority.

The way Nigeria is set up currently favours the North immeasurably. Those who expect Northerners to vote for that situation to be changed are naive.

Have you ever seen a Turkey vote for Christmas?

The only time a national conference of any sort will have any meaning is when things are absolutely on the verge of collapse and the Northerners come to the view that some concession is better than allowing the whole thing to collapse. Whatever people say on Nairaland, we are not at that point yet. Ok, I understand, the country is facing many challenges, but the fact remains that things have not yet reached the point where the Northern power brokers believe they need to make any concession.

It is only on the eve of a civil war that they will agree to any meaningful change.

Right now, all they need to do is sit back, relax, make one or two low level threats (lol) and watch GEJ and Tinubu (southerners ironically) trash themselves in the media.

With the trick they perfected in ensuring a majority in the National Assembly, the north has the rest of Nigeria in an arm lock!

Get your opponent in an arm luck and he would eventually be the one begging you to negotiate.

Didn't you guys watch wrestling when you were kids!!

7 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by nonebutme: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
ballabriggs: Ovoko! Ovoko!! Ovoko!!!

Another come and chop conference by President Jonadunce.

N1 trillion for national conference. Going, going gone.....

Dead on arrival. MUHEHEHEHE ANIMALS
na wao. Na wetin be ovoko. shocked
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by finefinelady(f): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by naptu2: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
I've been wondering whether this conference will be different from the 2005 Political Reform Conference (and the Oputa Panel before it) and I think I've just gotten an answer.

What's the point in spending money to hold a national conference if the outcome will be sent to the National Assembly? Why not just hold the "conference" within the National Assembly? Isn't it a duplication of functions? Isn't it just an addition of another layer of bureaucracy and "public officers"?

2 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by takedat(m): 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Oildichotomy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Damn... I give up !!
I'm tempted to call him that name
c......less.

This is so wrong.... The same dumb National Assembly?
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jonathan is a deceptive man. He set up NC just to waste people's time and make them believe we are on the verge of discussing our political and cultural differences.

Tinubu has been vindicated.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
If we had a working National assembly we would not be in need of a national conference. Why reduce us to the mercy of those bloated whales in agbada?
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by EndTimeThings: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
same old gist
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Peterboy1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
i don't even know the problem of Nigerians
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by cKaiser: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
When they say Retardeen Jonathan is clueless some people would attack us.

Now explain whats the use of a National COnference if its still needs ratification from the national Assembly?

We would spend billions of naira on the conference and delegates, We would argue, talk laugh and at the end of the day pass the conclusions to the national assembly

So whats the point kuku make the national assembly do the Conference as they normally do with the Ghana Must go bags

Once again Tinubu proves he is the smartest Politician in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Stone123(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
In as much as I agree on the timing of the National Dialogue @least to ease the gathering momentum of 2015, I do not see why the outcome should be send to the National Assembly. I'm afraid if that happens the key objective of the proposed dialogue will be sacrificed.
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
The current National Assembly or another national assembly?. Forget it then and don't waste funds holding it if its going to be sent to the same useless national assembly that hasn't passed any meaningful law since.
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Aderupoko2: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jonah has bungled it again. Sometimes I wonder if that 'ijaw faze cap' is also covering the brain.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thank God! Maybe once the contraption called Nigeria is dissolved, there will be hope for the future of my unborn children and great grand children in Oduduwa nation.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by whitecat007: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jonathan must be stopped now before he puts laws that will favor ijaws into the constitution, he might throw some to his dogs regarding state of residence. YORUBA MUST NOT SLEEP THROUGH THIS!!!!!

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Akiika: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
My conclusion is that Nigeria and Nigerians are too illiterate and greedy to practice democracy, when America that invented it themselves have not been able to implement it successfully.
What can work in Nigeria is tyranny!!! yes tyranny...let one "kolo" but honest military man rule us for 10 years. Abolish this big Govt. where the budget for maintaining the Govt. is more expensive than implementing public projects.
Let there be 6 administrative zones. Six to ten elected zonal congressmen/woman, one representative from each zone to form the NASS.
Have few LGA per states that will generate revenue themselves...they should collect the tax too.
Federal Govt should implement projects directly with the allocation of each states....don't give allocation to Zonal governors.
Abolish immunity, let there be prosecution of proven corrupt public officer...let the deputy take over immediately.
Kill anybody guilty associated with corruption.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by lastmessenger: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jonathan should not waste our resources on this fruitless dialogue.national assembly does not mean well for naija.the only solution to our problem is resource control.mind u i am from abia state
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by lastmessenger: 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
The same national assembly that said is ok for a 9 year old girl to be married.SMH FOR MR PRESIDENT
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by gemini35(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sllowppoisoon: Good news
bro d good news is that we can nt co exist ,after 100yrs as a country 31 december wll make it 100yrs,every body wll answer their papa name,national conference is a deception to keep us 2geda it wll nt work
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Pukkah: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tinubu vindicated.

Nigeria at a crossroad.

GEJ bumbling.

Okupe should cover his face.

AD should bury its head in shame.

While the cowardly/the ignorant got excited, Tinubu, though not a saint, smartly saw ahead and boldly spoke out.

3 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by mcvities(m): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
National assembly that was held bound by one man and they couldn't remove a demonic section in our constitution will now sit on the outcome of the national conference. This is why we do not need to condemn someone that makes acomment rather objectively criticize his comment. Some people need to apologize to Tinubu for name calling.

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by whitecat007: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ojuyobo is right afterall!

1 Like

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by almondinte: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
See how leaders fail. This failure is huge.
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by alaoeri: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
GEJ a$$ lickers like billyonaire,insencere 9igeria etc are put to shame, you can't just defend cluelessness. Let be sincere to ourselves GEJ isn't the right person for Nigeria, I don't mind another person from otueke but GEJ is a disappointment afterall Tinubu was right.

3 Likes

Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by akintun: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
D president is a reasonable man.
Re: National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
emorse:
Really? What then is the essence of the conference? So the whole nation will put heads together to chart a way forward only for it to be ratified by a bunch of selfish persons who'd waste no time in discarding whatever resolution that doesn't favour their pockets. Besides, does this mean the NASS is greater than Nigeria?
hey fella,u dont have to lose sleep over this,do you expect the president to say otherwise!? I believe the man knows what he is doing....when the time comes WE shall deliberate n nobody or nass will scrutinise or filter or restrict what WE would have decided
nigerians are bigger than the nass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Signed The Contract For Kaduna And Warri Refineries? / #Twitterban: Hackers Leak And Deface Social Network Websites Of Adamu Garba / Astonishing Ancient Igbo Male Hairstyles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.