Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike (13549 Views)

Olisa Metuh Goes On Hunger Strike / Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / US Urges FG To Work With ASUU To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
mintyhills: Why are nigerian students so stupid, the man is working for the interest of you students, if ASUU and the federal government doesn't care, should we all sleep and let them treat us this way? why can't take a brave step and stop this injustice being done to our education, this is why nothing will ever change in nigeria, the youths are so docile and ignorant, i'm sorry to say but here's a man working for our interest and stupid on nairaland shooting him, shouldn't we encourage this man, who will come and fight for us if we don't fight for ourselves, shouldn't we encourage this man that is trying to aid students, if the government and ASUU don't care, shouldn't we make them care!!!!? NIGERIAN YOUTHS WAKE UP GOD DAMN IT!!!

Sadly, the average Nigerian youth has become so politically emaciated and maginalized, that he no longer sees any cause worth fighting for.
This, to me, is the real tragedy here.

1 Like

Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by ipromise: 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
FG--Thank God there will be enough food to feed the poor, by so doing, O level of hunger will be achieved in our country...pls oga activist while not commence it now, sympathizers are encourage to join too...
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Dubemkelly(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
How does dat influence a situational change? If he so cares, dey could donate on behalf of d FG n source 4 funds 2 meet up wt d ASUU demands....Thought we had rich n influential men in our society, afterall d govt is ours,we can do sth different. If a forum 4 funds cud be established den a difference wud be made
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Rajosh(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
attention seeker.after the hunger strike ,set yourself on fire then I'll know you're serious.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Chukkasy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Only 2 days? i thought it wud b until d strike is ova? #who send u? #who cares?
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by obolongo(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
guyman way go the. Chaw major day here the show him self

1 Like

Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by mintyhills: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Sadly, the average Nigerian youth has become so politically emaciated and maginalized, that he no longer sees any cause worth fighting for.
This, to me, is the real tragedy here.

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS ROTTEN STATE OF AFFAIRS, I'M NOT ABOUT TO GIVE UP BECAUSE THEY WON'T FIGHT FOR THEMSELVES, ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO BOW AND SHAKE YOUR HEAD, SOMETHING MUST BE DONE OR NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE AND CHANGE WE NEED, WHAT CAN WE DO, HOW CAN THE NIGERIAN BE SHOCKED OUT OF HIS SLEEP?
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by skyscraperTM(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
make υηα ησ crυcifע the gυע yet. . .im wαη jυst gαther momeηtυm. the thiηg ße sαע if e ησ go oη hυηger strike ησw, e go still meet the 'hυηger strike' for school wheη ∂em ∂oη call off the strike!!!
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
There should be better suggestion than this
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by dailywealth1967: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Which kind wayo activists b dis.Instead of 2 days,he for do indefinite hunger strike.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by mintyhills: 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
dailywealth1967: Which kind wayo activists b dis.Instead of 2 days,he for do indefinite hunger strike.
IDIOT!!!! WHICH SOLUTION YOU DON FIND FOR THE SITUATION, MAN DEY TRY HELP YOUR CAUSE YOU DEY CRITICIZE AM. IDIOT!!!
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by dancrux(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Is a pity chia naija don hear am,shame
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by cycline404(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ebi a pa shio si wan Lara
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
mintyhills:

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS ROTTEN STATE OF AFFAIRS, I'M NOT ABOUT TO GIVE UP BECAUSE THEY WON'T FIGHT FOR THEMSELVES, ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO BOW AND SHAKE YOUR HEAD, SOMETHING MUST BE DONE OR NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE AND CHANGE WE NEED, WHAT CAN WE DO, HOW CAN THE NIGERIAN BE SHOCKED OUT OF HIS SLEEP?

Like you, I am not about to give up on our youth either.

I see the basis for transformational change in the hopelessness which blights the lives of a lot of young patriots. But it is the condition for change that is missing at this point in time.

Think about this way; if you were to place an oval shaped stone under your prized hen, no amount of time will cause it to transform into a chick.
This is the revise of the case I described above, in the sense that we have an incubator (the condition for change) but no egg (the basis for change).

With the growing rate of penetration into the world of social media, I think we are inching closer to the point where those two variables will intersect. This evolving process can be quickened through participatory events - where our youth get to coalesce around shared values - but it can also be slowed down with inducements introduced by our corrupt political class who prefer to keep the status quo as is. While the threat posed by our ethnic and religious fault-lines should also not be ignored, I think the basis for change, which I alluded to earlier, is strong enough to contain this.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Dovy: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
If they like let them go and hug transformer, i dnt care. Pls go to dis site and help urself www./signup/dovy
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Coyotejack(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mtsceeew if sey una start 3months ago i go knw say una get awa mata 4 mind.2days hunga stryk dats pitiable...
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by peeboy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
mr. activist... hmmm.... wishing you happy hunger!
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by lukasbaker(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
the guy looks fat and handsome,so mayb he wan u d hunger strike take reduce d too much fat wan dey e body...pls he should go to ASUU headquata gate and stay tru out the 2days ramada ASUU fast...and pls if he is serious he should say still ASUU call off d strike bfor he go stop...kudos broda commorade all d best y u fight d weak fight
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by halilu44: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
This THING the man is doing at a wrong TIME will surely come to an END.

ETT
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
grin LWKMD this guy think say him be The great activist of india, (Gandis) when dey threaten the government with hunger strike, lwkm you go fast to death, nobody get your time!
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Tinkybabe(f): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Strike2.
Strike for Strike
ASUU please call off the strike,FG pls yield to their demands so that this man can call off his strike

The blood of this man will be on your heads angry and a bit on his foolishness undecided should anything happen to him
Long story cut short,let the Nigerian youths go back to school.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by joeralph(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Just trying to gain some attention,he should have decided on something more meaningful like roasting himself infront of Ait,chanells,SylverBird or the latest TVC.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Hearme(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
2 days can't kill him. At least some people fast 7days straight without water.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by McLuhan(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
In a sane country, would someone need to embark on hunger strike - or exert any other form of pressure - before government implements an agreement it willingly signed? Isn't it an indictment on the Federal Government that it has to be compelled by strike action to adequately fund the education of its citizenry? Can a country that has lavished at least one trillion naira on its national legislators in the past eight years honestly turn around to claim bankruptcy when asked to pay the modest earned allowances of its university lecturers? Is it fair for Nigerians to ask the university lecturers to forget about the agreement and return to their ill-equipped and poorly remunerated posts, whereas the very politicians who were elected to safeguard the commonwealth are gorging on public funds, flying in private jets, splurging on bulletproof cars, educating their children at Harvard and Oxford, and mocking the poor citizenry? Shouldn't we at least tell our government officials the bitter truth that they are to blame for this ASUU impasse rather than blame the aggrieved lecturers or make fun of those who attempt, like this hunger-sriker, to call attention to the problem?
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by sweetp(f): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
funny idea
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by mccooler(m): 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
mintyhills:

COWARD!!!!!! I QUESTION YOUR INTELLIGENCE FOR THAT SUGGESTION, LET'S PRAY TO GOD TO FREE US FROM OPPRESSORS WHEN WE CAN FIGHT FOR OURSELVES, WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THE SAME AS, A GOAT TIED TO A TREE WITH A KNIFE IN HIS HAND PRAYING TO GOD TO CUT THE ROPE FOR HIM.

LOOK AT WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYING, DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT CARES ABOUT YOUR SPIRITUAL STRUGGLES, NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO YOU, IF YOU KEEP PRAYING IN YOUR CHURCHES AND MOSQUES FOR THIS SELFISH LEADERS WHO HAVE THEIR KIDS ABROAD TO CHANGE THEIR MINDS ABOUT OPPRESSING YOU, IN WHAT PART OF THE WORLD HAVE YOU HEARD THAT PEOPLE FASTED IN CHURCHES AND THEIR SITUATION CHANGED. NIGERIAN YOUTHS NEED TO WAKE FROM THIS DOCILE STATE AND HOLD YOUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE.

Well I pity ur situation, like I said earlier we were at home for over 12months, we did all we could within our powers but our strength failed us. Maybe you've never experienced the power outburst when youth prays together. don't know that the heart of men are in God's hands. If need be he'll cause a change in the d authority For our sake.
A word of advise, when addressing an unknown audience. Please be moderate and don't always result to abuse.
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by blessed4ever: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'ONLY GOD CAN DO THIS', at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop)this weekend.
Date: 19th & 10th October, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break, yoke of unemployment or under-employment and poverty will break, yoke of sin will break, HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
ASUU strike: ANOTHER ACTIVIST JOINS HUNGER STRIKE

The ranks of those warming up to embark on a hunger strike over the long-drawn industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which has crippled Nigeria’s public universities since July 1, expanded this afternoon.

The latest to join the strike is Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire, lawyer and activist, the Group Founder/Principal Administrator of Due Process Advocates (DPA).

In an e-mail he sent to the Publisher of News Express, Ugwuonye said: “Isaac, let it be known that I would join Onwubiko on a 2-day hunger strike for the same cause.”

He was reacting to this morning’s exclusive story in News Express on the forthcoming hunger strike by Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko, National Coordinator of the Abuja-based Human Rights Writers’ Association of Nigeria (HURIWA).

Writing on his Facebook wall, Onwubiko had said: “Watch out: I will announce the date for commencement of a two-day hunger strike in support of ending ASUU strike, reopening public universities and adequately funding them and for lecturers engaging in sex-for-marks to be identified and prosecuted by ICPC/and/or EFCC. When the date is disclosed, I will solicit your support and prayers.”

Contacted this morning, Onwubiko, who is also a Columnist with News Express, said that there is no going back on the hunger strike. He disclosed that it would hold “next week Tuesday/Wednesday,” adding: “I will issue a press release today.”

ASUU is seeking to force the federal government to fulfill an agreement reached in 2009 under which government is supposed to have committed at half a trillion naira to the country’s university sector. ASUU has rejected the N130 billion offered by the Goodluck Jonathan administration, insisting on full implementation of the agreement.

•Photo shows Emeka Ugwuonye, who has indicated interest to join Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko in his hunger strike aimed towards ending the ASUU strike.

Source News Express

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by Somat4ril(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Brand new Tablet pc with keyboard for sale.. Android 4.2 with 3G phone function at 30k..
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by THANKGODAZI: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
watin we no hear 4 dis ASUU strike...if u wnt die dan die nd face ur own judgmnt
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by REUBEN010(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
mustaphagreens: That guy looks frustrated..just help me look at his head.! U wan go on hunger strike abi?oya naw y u cm d announce am first? moreover If God go answer ur prayers make e be next month o because me i must to receive this month's salary b4 i resume any fuckin skul o!

Gbam!!! Bro u don voice out my intentions
Re: Hours Into Hunger Strike, Activists Give ASUU, FG Ultimatum To End Strike by REUBEN010(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hearme: 2 days can't kill him. At least some people fast 7days straight without water.
If i hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-South Governors Meet At Rivers Govt. House, Demand Derivation From FG(Pics / More Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists Surrender In North/East / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.