Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE (26429 Views)

Huge Snake Killed Near Our Lodge / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: like seriously bro, REVIEW your answer. Am really sure of what am answering here. ALTHOUGH it might have multiple names does not mean am wrong. So lemme hear you.
ketone and aldehydes.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: Bro chill.
It will be official. Am too busy for now.
luk at u,wat did u knw,dat is wat we calld learning.shm
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: luk at u,wat do u knw,dat is wat we call learning.smh
hmmN. Just passing
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:11am On Oct 25, 2013
FrancisTony: ketone and aldehydes.
xplain 4da
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2013
Ikemsinachi: See another argument here oo. Guy u talk say no be LIPIDS/FATTY ACID? Oya tell us nah!
My guy I tire oo.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2013
FrancisTony: hmmN. Just passing
lol..am nt jst passn by,am a memb of dis thread..xo u av to do sm introductn 4 us,because u are new here..answr dis questn..
In d reactn of ethanal with fehling solutn,assume that d reactn involves copper(11)ions and hydroxide ions.write down d equatn 4 d reactn.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:16am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: My guy I tire oo.
hw va na
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: luk at u,wat did u knw,dat is wat we calld learning.shm
Meaning?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Odilop: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2013
Y are transition used as catalyst?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: luk at u,wat did u knw,dat is wat we calld learning.shm
Wait oo. Are you two trying to tell me fat and oil is not also called fatty acids and lipids?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2013
Odilop: Y are transition used as catalyst?
Because of their partially filled 3d orbitals and because they have valence electrons in 2 orbitals instead of 1
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2013
ketone is a another name for fat? Come and explain o, because i know ketone is a by product when fatty acids are broken down in the liver, and i don't think that makes it another name for fats..... Some sugars are even ketones, i know fructose is a ketone, and if a sugar is a ketone then It'll be improper to classify all fats as ketones, please come and defend your answer.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: Meaning?
meaning argumnt is also part of learning.dude
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Nomski0: Because of their partially filled 3d orbitals and because they have valence electrons in 2 orbitals instead of 1
#GBAM
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Why does an iron rod sink in water but a ship made of iron floats in water?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: meaning argumnt is also part of learning.dude
Who's arguing with you?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: Wait oo. Are you two trying to tell me fat and oil is not also called fatty acids and lipids?
fats and oil are lipids but that's not another name for it. Like now, another name for water is h20 and water is a liquid.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
[code][/code]
[/quote][quote]
Make una free me jhorMake una free me jhorMake una free me jhor
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Nomski0: Why does an iron rod sink in water but a ship made of iron floats in water?
sowie ma ship are nt made of iron,buh made of steel,whch is denser dan water,they dnt sink because they are hollow objects,whch contain air,xo dr density is less than that of water,the upthrust is large enof to suport d weight of d ship nd so kip it floating in equilibrium.i.e balance on water.buh 4 iron rod sink because the density of water is greata dan d density of d iron
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: Who's arguing with you?
u cn ask me again
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Rehnoy: Wait oo. Are you two trying to tell me fat and oil is not also called fatty acids and lipids?
did i say so
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2013
FrancisTony: [code][/code]Make una free me jhorMake una free me jhorMake una free me jhor
if you cannot prove your point, then You're wrong..... Please write out the formula for ketones and 'fats and oil' You'll find out that They're different, ketones are divided into three groups, and one of the groups, consist of some sugar, please i'm not sure your answer is correct.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: did i say so
LMAO hahahahahahahaha grin
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Some are just here to make a fool of themself. Not bordered though.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Why is ethanol miscible in water and what's the compound used as anaesthetic
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: sowie ma ship are nt made of iron,buh made of steel,whch is denser dan water,they dnt sink because they are hollow objects,whch contain air,xo dr density is less than that of water,the upthrust is large enof to suport d weight of d ship nd so kip it floating in equilibrium.i.e balance on water.buh 4 iron rod sink because the density of water is greata dan d density of d iron
You've got the idea but you're not putting it in the right words. Try again......maybe? wink
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 25, 2013
FrancisTony: Why is ethanol miscible in water and what's the compound used as anaesthetic
ethanol is soluble in water because of the presence of hydroxyl ...outch
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2013
FrancisTony: Why is ethanol miscible in water and what's the compound used as anaesthetic

Ethanol is miscible cos they both have hydrogen bonding, the hydrogen atom bond with the oxygen atom at 180 degrees.

The compound used as local anasthestic is Trichloroethene (chloroform) an organic compound.
Another compound used is Dinitrogen I Oxide N2O used as mild anasthestic.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 10:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Ethanol is miscible wi th water because of the rule- 'like dissolve like' In that both ethanol and water are polar solvents. And they both form hydrogen bonds with each other thereby allowing dissolution.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Mikebis: sowie ma ship are nt made of iron,buh made of steel,whch is denser dan water,they dnt sink because they are hollow objects,whch contain air,xo dr density is less than that of water,the upthrust is large enof to suport d weight of d ship nd so kip it floating in equilibrium.i.e balance on water.buh 4 iron rod sink because the density of water is greata dan d density of d iron

you're doing it all wrongly. Iron sinks cos its density is greater than that of water.

Sup y'all
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Mikebis(m): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2013
Elliotwiz1: ketone is a another name for fat? Come and explain o, because i know ketone is a by product when fatty acids are broken down in the liver, and i don't think that makes it another name for fats..... Some sugars are even ketones, i know fructose is a ketone, and if a sugar is a ketone then It'll be improper to classify all fats as ketones, please come and defend your answer.
allow me to contnu 4rm hr
aldehydes nd ketones contain carbonyl grp whch fat nd oil does nt,aldehydes has RCOH nd ketones has ROR' whch fat nd oil ard dfrnt 4rm it.REHNOY cn continue 4rm dr.i blu we all dsagri dat aldehydes nd ketones are nt d same as fat nd oil

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply)

Warriboy Graduated With Distinction In Masters In I.T Indiana USA (pics)(vids) / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee / UNILAG Hostel Balloting Begins Tommorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.