Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country (1059 Views)

The Dos And Don’ts For A Better 2016 / Did You Know That Nigeria Is A Better Country? / Nse Ikpe Etim Interview---.whos A Better Kisser,ramsey Nouah Or Majid Michael. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by ziga: 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
I am tired of listening to people whine about how bad or corrupt Naija is. The people make up the country including each one of you guys,

So, i decided to start this thread. What are you willing to do to make Naija a better place,

From today henceforth, I will stop throwing thrash in the streets, make sure every piece of pure water nylon is properly disposed of and encourage other people to do the same.

Contributions are welcome
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by sistajay(f): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2008
I'ma right behind ya. cool
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by shuppie(f): 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2008
following in ur footsteps and aiming to do better than that,
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Gabry(f): 4:01am On Jul 05, 2008
ziga:

I am tired of listening to people whine about how bad or corrupt Naija is. The people make up the country including each one of you guys,

So, i decided to start this thread. What are you willing to do to make Naija a better place,

From today henceforth, I will stop throwing thrash in the streets, make sure every piece of pure water nylon is properly disposed of and encourage other people to do the same.

Contributions are welcome

You mean you actually throw rubbish on the streets
Arent they any garbage bins?
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by ziga: 4:37am On Jul 05, 2008
@gabrywyl

Guilty as charged embarassed
Every Nigerian has contributed in some way to making Nigeria what it is today. In the same way, i believe we all have a responsibility in returning Naija to what it ought to be.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Baxilexi(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2008
stop okada riders.
break down the falling building on mandilas, only then can nigeria be better.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by CARUSO(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2008
kill OBJ, IBB, IBORI, EGWU, AONDOAKKA, every other thieving politician/govt officials and bomb yahooze guys into extinction!! grin
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by cescky(m): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2008
@post
all fomer generals shld be barred from contesting elections
we need some one like jerry rawlings to cleanse the system(kill all the bad eggs)
every govt official found to be corrupt shld be made to face life imprsonment
we shld forget that hes ibo and am yoruba or hausa( is it possible?)
creation of manual jobs for the economically powreful population
diversify the economy
SEEK GOD
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by ziga: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2008
[/quote]creation of manual jobs for the economically powreful population
diversify the economy

stop okada riders.
break down the falling building on mandilas, only then can nigeria be better.[quote]

Don't we all want that for our beloved Naija, But i was thinking little changes we can make in our own lifes and possibly in the life of people around us that can push Naija foward.

I wonder what Lagos will be like without so many okadas on the road,
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Iyara(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2010
See better thread wey no pass one page since 2008! If na Hausa Vs Igbo Vs Yoruba Vs minorities, everybody must talk something.

As for me, I will start by making myself a better person; work harder, complain less and assist people who are in no position to repay me.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Dolemite(f): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2010
It's too late for Nigeria now. . .corruption is rooted deep in our system, it's almost part of our culture.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by manmustwac(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
we need to change our mindset that is the way we think and the way we reason and i would encourage other people to do that.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by consultmartins(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2010
For Nigeria to be better, our youths should believe in themselves. They should increase their financial intelligence and get creative. They should stop looking on the government. Only then will Nigeria be better.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by PETER2020: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
@poster,

i really support ur comment and i am willing to do more than u if appropriately inserted.

but my question is cleaning and clearring does it stop curruption in and around the country, i mean curruptions which have caused poverty to so many nigerians and killing of innocent souls without justice. will it stop the police from collecting the nigerias flag (N20) on the road and so many unmentioned.

please, recites!
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by coolier(f): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
ziga:

The people make up the country including each one of you guys,

But we all know that is not true, that in Nigeria, the people, like me, are just part of the abandoned suffering masses. And 'am tired of constantly listening to people asking what I could do to make Nigeria a better place, spare me! Or maybe we should reverse your question for a change and ask what Nigeria can do to make me a better person. Is that too much to ask from my fatherland? Shelter, Education, Health, Electricity, Water, Transportation, Employment, Environment, Security, Pride, Equal Rights and Opportunity - I could go on and on! John Kennedy did not ask that of a 'hungry' country!
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Iyara(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2010
Progress report: I see big money for ground (tens of thousands of naira). I find the owner return am so I guess I'm entitled to beat my chest on this one.
Re: What Can You Do To Make Naija A Better Country by Tingles(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2010
I'll stop complaining and start acting.

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Animal Would You Choose If You're Given The Priviledge To Be One. / Jarus And Aisha Should Step Down Or Change Username! / Can U Imagine A Man Saying I Married You Because Of The Potential In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.