Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? (876 Views)

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary / What Salary After Navy DSSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by alfredo4u(m): 4:25am On Oct 17, 2013
Pals, pls kindly advise me. I got dis job wit one of d fast movin company in nija (name withheld) 5mnths ago. I resigned in d mnth of August due to personal reason.

I was so suprise to reciève an alert from dis same company for my monthly salary.

When i was with them, truly it was fun workin wit dem, but did not confirm me as agreed. Although my resignation was not because of d confirmation.

Pals, if u r in my shoe, wat wil u do?
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by pendusky(m): 5:55am On Oct 17, 2013
AM SUPRISED, COZ I KNW SOME COY THAT WIL TELL YOU TO PAY UR ONE MONTH SALARY OR WORK FOR ONE MONTH WITHOUT PAY IF YOU WANT TO RESIGN
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
If you resigned without notice and you know you ought to have paid them one month's salary in lieu, do the right thing and call their HR immediately to report the error. Do not keep quiet thinking their loss is your gain, it's just not worth it.

Remember you would still need a reference from there for your next job, and even if you feel you don't need a reference, the money doesn't belong to you so just do the right thing and report to HR.

4 Likes

Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by alfredo4u(m): 6:56am On Oct 18, 2013
The area head knew about it. I even organized a send forth party with them. I inform them 1mnth b4 resigning. My plan is DAT if dey do it again, I have no choice Dan to draw their attention. Thanks for the advises.
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by xcitedjay(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Is it legal for a company to demand 3 months notice or 3 month salary in lieu?
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
^ I can't find where a 3 month notice period was mentioned on this thread.

OP since you say you gave 1 month's notice (which I'm assuming was the contract requirement) you ought to have been paid for that month. However you're obliged to inform them if you received any payment after that.
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by kenyarttar: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
alfredo4u: Pals, pls kindly advise me. I got dis job wit one of d fast movin company in nija (name withheld) 5mnths ago. I resigned in d mnth of August due to personal reason...
You left Visafone cos the future of CDMAs' looking bleak huh?
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by alfredo4u(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2013
kenyarttar:
You left Visafone cos the future of CDMAs' looking bleak huh?

I left there last year September, pls who r u dat knows me to my grassroot?

1forall: ^ I can't find where a 3 month notice period was mentioned on this thread.

OP since you say you gave 1 month's notice (which I'm assuming was the contract requirement) you ought to have been paid for that month. However you're obliged to inform them if you received any payment after that.

After paying me for DAT month dat I inform them, dey paid me twice instead of once.
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Oh I see. Well, you know what to do.
Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by kenyarttar: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2013
alfredo4u:

I left there last year September, pls who r u dat knows me to my grassroot?...

You gave us your grassroot gist yourself here: https://www.nairaland.com/alfredo4u/posts/11

(1) (Reply)

Anambra INEC Po's And Apo's, Have You Been Paid? / Worst CV In The World / Online Bsc, Is It Recognised? HR Professionals Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.