Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary (55523 Views)

30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register / Hourly Wage Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Preferable And Why? / How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by esunnex: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
How much do a graduate teacher collected as monthly salary

1 Like

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Sammy107d(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
shocked
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by starnigeria: 12:13am On Feb 21, 2013
Sammy107_d: shocked
should be 36k
however my bro received 9k
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Caracta(f): 12:25am On Feb 21, 2013
My friend teaches in a private international school in lagos. Her pay is #110,000.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by esunnex: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2013
@carcta wot of dose in public school?
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by hakunajay(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta: My friend teaches in a private international school in lagos. Her pay is #110,000.

I bet its the location.
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Caracta(f): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
esunnex: @carcta wot of dose in public school?
I don't know anything about public schools. But i heard Fashola pays well. I don't know o. I have nobody in the public line. The truth is some teachers get paid higher than some non-teachers. Just be good at whatever you do.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by hakunajay(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
A school around ikate area in lekki pays about 120k +
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Sammy107d(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ok is everyone just pretending to be oblivious of the ironic blunder in a title about teachers' remuneration?

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by adconline(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
Rule of concord! Singular noun goes with singular verb. How much "does" a graduate teacher earn not "do". Hope you are not an aspiring teacher?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by esunnex: 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
@adconline tanks for d correction

1 Like

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Realtym(f): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2013
You're asking about teacher's salary and you can not successfully construct one correct sentence
I shiver to think of the quality of knowledge you'll pass on to the children who'll be unfortunate enough to be in your class. White collar jobs aren't for everybody bro!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by mindtricks: 8:21am On Apr 18, 2013
esunnex: How much do a graduate teacher collected as monthly salary
Op, go and do the needful. Kindly edit your topic and correct your post and save the thread from this unnecessary beaf and derailing. @topic, I think what you uniquely have to offer will go along way to determine. As we all know, teachers could earn as low as even 10k, or as high as 100k. It depends on where you find yourself, among other factors.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by onmymind: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Why do we have a lot of derailers in nairaland?It is agreed dat d OP made a mistake in the topic and accepted correction...Must these kids who are lucky to be on nairaland always show to us they acquired little education....to the fool who was referring to southwest college of education...southwest schools remain the best in the country.y not go back to ur god forsaken village and see d condition of d college or whatever u call it..cant we just learn to correct cheerfully and keep d flow d topic was intended to create...smh

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by abbakacici: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2013
In goverment skols in NW paid a grade 8 teacher in conventional school btw 50k to 60k depending on the state jigawa is the highest 60k while kd and kano lowest 50k but specail skols like science skols paid more like 60 to 70k

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Hardfact: 2:27am On Apr 23, 2013
Light-brained forumites must always ensure the topic is not addressed. Pathetic people of Nigeria, HOW MUCH DOES A GRADUATE TEACHER EARN IN NIGERIA? Clue: An average private school might offer 20-40k. Those big names usu @ VI, Ikoyi offer much better, as high as 120k. Govt schs pays are better structured and better than those of most private schs.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by qualified(f): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2013
@op, hope u are not aspiring to be a teacher? Do d needful, correct d title. It is nt derail of d topic. I can only accept d mistake if d op has no intention of teaching, maybe d info is for someone else
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
some teachers are paid as much as 300k with official car after spending some time in the sector. The salary only applies to international schools where teachers are well trained and take refresher courses to learn new trends in imparting knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:28am On Jun 24, 2013
mitwitdot: some teachers are paid as much as 300k with official car after spending some time in the sector. The salary only applies to international schools where teachers are well trained and take refresher courses to learn new trends in imparting knowledge.

I doubt this particular person is of that ilk! I wouldn't pay him 10 naira to teach my puppy anything Biko! What atrocious English!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by kemismartty(f): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2013
i never knew teachers are being paid that much these days...#300k shocked... its just a shame that while some are paid this big some are still struggling to have theirs raised to just 50k angry ...
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by lockedOut: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Just funny the way we all come here and form Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka,.....if he does not intend to be a teacher, as if some of you are perfect at your own jobs! I am sure even with his level of English he can teach most subjects apart from English (thats even if the topic is not a typo). angry angry angry. Pathetic lots!

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by MsSantaClaus(f): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
I have noticed on nairaland that many people don't like to listen to constructive criticism! How then do they expect to improve?

From my observation ,this particular forum is for careers and to be honest, after reading some comments , I often wonder how many members here ever expect to obtain a job!

What baffles me the most is the way some people have of expressing themselves, their grammar is peculiar and if that is what they go to an interview with, although I am aware of the high rate of unemployment or unavailability of jobs, I'm not surprised they are not being employed!

Whatever happened to self improvement? Why are the unemployed not using their time to improve their skills , even voluntary jobs are an opportunity to acquire some much needed skills.

Some people on these forums give the impression that they have been denied their rightful jobs whereas many of them do not have even the basic communication skills with which to hold down a job!

One thing many job applicants fail to realize is that, your interview starts with something as simple as your email address! "Sexybabyeyes@yahoo.com" is not an appropriate email address from which to send your c.v ,to a recruiter from.

As for shortening your words to something like "tnx" for example, will possibly get you an instant "DELETE".

People , take every available opportunity to improve yourselves , even if you have to pay.
The Internet is a treasure trove of free courses, avail yourselves of them.

It is simply laziness, sheer lack of imagination and initiative that makes one not seek self improvement!

Personal Branding pays off in the long run, reinvent yourself if you must!

No one owes you a job, you have to impress the recruiter into offering you one.

If you can come to nairaland every day to comment and criticize, then you can search out a free self improvement course on the Internet and IMPROVE YOURSELF! Gosh!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by qualified(f): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2013
^ tnx my sister. I wonder why some people dont see anything wrong in a dumb taking up teaching position to teach d future generation.
@topic, no matter d subject d op wants to teach, d accepted means of communication in Nigerian schools is still English, and he js 'murdered' it!
I maintain, hope he is not thinking of teaching in Nigeria?
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by ogunba(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
Some schools pay graduate 15k or 20k, it depends on the location but if u have education degree and you go to a good place like lekki, you will find schools that pay as much as 100k or more
Re: How Much Do A Graduate Teacher Collected As Monthly Salary by lockedOut: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
qualified: ^ tnx my sister. I wonder why some people dont see anything wrong in a dumb taking up teaching position to teach d future generation.
@topic, no matter d subject d op wants to teach, d accepted means of communication in Nigerian schools is still English, and he js 'murdered' it!
I maintain, hope he is not thinking of teaching in Nigeria?

Which will you pick, the teacher with a polished English accent who does not know jack or the teacher with poor english construction and who knows his onions? I would rather choose the teacher with the poor english and tell him to improve and please don't hide under the Positive criticism banner, abi when "I hope he does not intend to teach in Nigeria" become positive criticism? grin grin grin

@Op please pursue your dream ojere!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Uses Pure Water Nylon To Make Bags, Shoes, Rain Coats & Others In Lagos / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / I Need Help, My Female Boss In The Office Touches Me At Inappropriate Pla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.