Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa (17482 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today! / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Havilah93(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2013
The distribution of teams in Pot 1 for the World Cup Final Draw on 6 December is as follows: Brazil, together with Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium and
Switzerland are definitely in Pot 1. If Uruguay win the intercontinental play-off against Jordan, they will also go into the first pot. However, if Jordan win, the decimal points difference between the Netherlands (1135.95) and Italy (1135.61) will see the Dutch take the last place in Pot 1.

In the top ten, only Spain’s position at the summit remains unchanged, while Germany have pushed Argentina out of second
place. New entries into the top ten are Switzerland (7th, up 7) and England (10th, up 7), both thanks to their recent strong performances in the final group games in the World Cup qualifying.
Italy, meanwhile, have paid heavily for their draw against Armenia, dropping four places to eighth.

The Super Eagles meanwhile have moved up 3 places to 33rd in the World Rankings, but still remain 4th in Africa behind leaders Ivory Coast, Ghana and Algeria

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Havilah93(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2013
Top 10 (Top 7 Teams to be seeded along with Hosts Brazil)

Spain

Germany

Argentina

Colombia

Belgium

Uruguay

Switzerland

Netherlands

Italy

England
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Havilah93(m): 9:55am On Oct 17, 2013
11-20

Brazil
Chile
USA
Portugal
Greece
Bosnia
Cote d'Ivoire
Croatia
Russia
Ukraine

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by homesteady(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2013
We are getting there gradually!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Oct 17, 2013
I'll really like to see the Algorithm used in these rankings cos some things just don't add up. I see no reason why the Super Eagles should not be ranked number one in Africa.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nomski0(f): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2013
How in God's name is Algeria ranked higher than Nigeria.shockedshockedshocked. And Brazil 11th?undecidedundecided.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Havilah93(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2013
Switzerland et Belgium!

I was eager to see if Belgium would retain thier 7th position, and hence be seeded, which I'm glad they did, But how did the Swiss manoeuvre thier way up to 7th?

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by lexyman(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2013
gradually we are going back to where we belong .... i could remember back then , we were among the top 10 in the world
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by lexyman(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva]I'll really like to see the Algorithm used in these rankings cos some things just don't add up. I see no reason why the Super Eagles should not be ranked number one in Africa.[/quote

you will need this info.The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.
A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:
the average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months;
and.the average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly). like the case of Egypt
Calculation of points for a single match
The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:
Was the match won or drawn? (M)

• How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)

• How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)

These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P).

P = M x I x T x C

The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:

M: Points for match result

Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.

I: Importance of match

Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0

FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5

Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0

FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0

T: Strength of opposing team

The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents
As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

C: Strength of confederation

When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:

UEFA/CONMEBOL 1.00 CONCACAF 0.88
AFC/CAF 0.86 OFC 0.85

you can get this info. from fifa website

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by yfo: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2013
Nomski0: How in God's name is Algeria ranked higher than Nigeria.shockedshockedshocked. And Brazil 11th?undecidedundecided.

Are u minding them, can't remember the last time we lost plus we the african champions angry

by the way, if you confirm you like video games (and obviously football)....It would prove my theory that girls that grow up with a couple of brothers (and no sis) are the best wink

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Lilimax(f): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
We are improving day by day undecided
One day, we'll be no.1 smiley
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Sermwell(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
FIFA ranking is bullshit! I don't believe dem 1 bit!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by ebamma(m): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: I'll really like to see the Algorithm used in these rankings cos some things just don't add up. I see no reason why the Super Eagles should not be ranked number one in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by VEE2010(m): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Na wao! Some people will just gather and smoke weed hence, came up with undue statistical data. So, na until we win world cup, we won't be no1 in Africa, abi? Mtcheeeew
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yes!

Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, Colombia and Chile!

Let's go there! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by ebamma(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Havilah93: Switzerland et Belgium!

I was eager to see if Belgium would retain thier 7th position, and hence be seeded, which I'm glad they did, But how did the Swiss manoeuvre thier way up to 7th?
the topped their group in the wc qualifiers
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by chinedugreat(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
soon and soonest we will be first in the world and first in africa.if u beliv dat jt LIKE.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
Degradin african champions(nigeria) its point....Nnaa i-get as ebi
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hw abt sm of u guys visit fifa.com & patiently read up d analysis xo u stop cming here evry mnth to spew same jargons. Jus tink of it, Arsenal has consistently misd the semis of Uefa for yrz nw bt stil remain in pot 1. These are technical analysis & nt beer parlour yarns

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by homesteady(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Lilimax: We are improving day by day undecided
One day, we'll be no.1 smiley

AMEN! smiley
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by babarazy: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Havilah93: Top 10 (Top 7 Teams to be seeded along with Hosts Brazil)

Spain

Germany

Argentina

Colombia

Belgium

Uruguay

Switzerland

Netherlands

Italy

England

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by FineBro(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
They can rank us 100, Super Eagles should keep winning. Let's Win this world cup before our noisy neighbours.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Lilnikee(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Olaskybab: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=lexyman][/quote]hmmn..fifa absedr,ao much na ur salary??

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by femi4: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
They come here at the end of every month and spit rubbish, yet they know nothing about football.
To earn any appreciable/huge points, SE need to beat teams ranked higher than them and also hope that those teams drop points too.
Tell me, when was the last time SE defeat any team ranked by FIFA from 1-20?

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Obrafour(m): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: I'll really like to see the Algorithm used in these rankings cos some things just don't add up. I see no reason why the Super Eagles should not be ranked number one in Africa.

The same reason why you saw nothing wrong when Zambia was not placed at the Apex.

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Obrafour(m): 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
chinedugreat: soon and soonest we will be first in the world and first in africa.if u beliv dat jt LIKE.
lol. No1 has Liked it oo!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Started from the bottom now we're here. :-)
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by sobaemma(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
All thanks to keshi,come oooo,i heard that south africa want to buy keshi,even malawi,ethopia 2,nawa o,once keshi leaves eagles,countries go drag am wella
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Reski2500(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
chinedugreat: soon and soonest we will be first in the world and first in africa.if u beliv dat jt LIKE.
it may not happen in your lifetime
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Reski2500(m): 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
olrotimi: Hw abt sm of u guys visit fifa.com & patiently read up d analysis xo u stop cming here evry mnth to spew same jargons. Jus tink of it, Arsenal has consistently misd the semis of Uefa for yrz nw bt stil remain in pot 1. These are technical analysis & nt beer parlour yarns
tell dem joor
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by PastorOluT(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

Obafemi Martins Celebrates His 32nd Birthday Today / Enyeama Deserves A Honorary Award From The President / Gov. Ikpeazu Hails Enyimba For Trouncing Rayon Sports In CAF Cup