Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa (17489 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today! / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Reski2500(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
olrotimi: Hw abt sm of u guys visit fifa.com & patiently read up d analysis xo u stop cming here evry mnth to spew same jargons. Jus tink of it, Arsenal has consistently misd the semis of Uefa for yrz nw bt stil remain in pot 1. These are technical analysis & nt beer parlour yarns
tell dem joor
femi4: They come here at the end of every month and spit rubbish, yet they know nothing about football.
To earn any appreciable/huge points, SE need to beat teams ranked higher than them and also hope that those teams drop points too.
Tell me, when was the last time SE defeat any team ranked by FIFA from 1-20?
olrotimi: Hw abt sm of u guys visit fifa.com & patiently read up d analysis xo u stop cming here evry mnth to spew same jargons. Jus tink of it, Arsenal has consistently misd the semis of Uefa for yrz nw bt stil remain in pot 1. These are technical analysis & nt beer parlour yarns
tell dem joor
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Reski2500(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Richy4(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
FIFA need to explain to us like a 4 year old on how Uruguay came to be on the 6th position while Brazil was on the 11th. How did that happen
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Reski2500(m): 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
femi4: They come here at the end of every month and spit rubbish, yet they know nothing about football.
To earn any appreciable/huge points, SE need to beat teams ranked higher than them and also hope that those teams drop points too.
Tell me, when was the last time SE defeat any team ranked by FIFA from 1-20?
its not been long since nigeria hammered cote'd voire

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Zzyzx92(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
What on earth is USA doing on 11-20th position, they are supposed to gain 40th position in the ranking, for christ's sake, who knows them?
Let them paly with Nigeria at present and see whats gonna happen to their net

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Obrafour(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Richy.:
FIFA need to explain to us like a 4 year old on how Uruguay came to be on the 6th position while Brazil was on the 11th. How did that happen
^^^
How many competitive matches has Brazil played? How many qualifying matches to Brazil has Brazil played? How many teams(high ranked) has Brazil played?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by theripper3: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nigeria should do more by playing and winning better teams like Germany, russia, colombia and belgium. We don too play this unfledged African teams.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by kayultimate(m): 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nomski0: How in God's name is Algeria ranked higher than Nigeria.shockedshockedshocked. And Brazil 11th?undecidedundecided.

google is your friend.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Henrolla(m): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nice one.... Dat's growth. One feature of a living tin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by olopan(m): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
S_E started 4rm the Bottom and now here at the top
Gradually we are getting there!
If You think nd knw we shall trash Ethopia Oya lyk this post !!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Gwekzy: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
The Rules Governing fifa rankings re jst lame
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by DukeNija(m): 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
football don spoil finish
Brazil 11th
Colombia 4th grin grin grin grin grin
Belgium 5th grin grin grin grin
Switzerland 6th grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by dimexilux(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sermwell: FIFA ranking is bullshit! I don't believe dem 1 bit!
mr man, i av noticed all ur comments in every section, ur comment is always "Y". hope nothing is wrong with u sha? abi u are among d lucky ones dt just escaped from yaba apa osi ni? smh for u
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Edoblakky(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
30 whips with a wet camel's tail to the gbana sniffers who came up with this list that riddles with nonsense and insult. I know my country Naija is number 1 in Africa. I've my own list. Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by nigerfine: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=lexyman][/quote]i know this but you explained as if you authored it. Nigeria like sport so much that we need to imbede this formulae on sport page of nairaland because people will ask and ask again, even Afam( can't believe this). Thanks
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
We are playing Italy nxt mnth, IMO thats d kind of match we need to win b4 we cn hv an appreciable jump in the rankings. If i were NFF, i'd quickly organise friendlies with Belgium,Switzrland,Chile,Bosnia & Columbia. These are winnable games & wld fetch us massive ranking points haul.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by buoye1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
I saw it this morning but I dnt knw y Algeria was ranked ahead of us!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by richardoz(m): 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
I LIKE UR PREACHING APPROACH. ARE U A DEEPER LIFER? MAY GOD HELP US.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
I read thru many posts here & i realise y we are whr we are as a nation. Its d same reasn y GEJ wld convincingly win nxt yrz election(nt by rigging bt by our votes); its d same reasn y we wld line up along d highway to welcome a politician who has jus served hez jail term for stealing our money; its d same reason y our modas wld sing and dance unda d rain to see off our 1st lady @d airport for peanuts; its d same reason y dozens wld die every year frm stampede to receive what is rightfuly theirs frm the sarakis; its d same reason y hundreds wld rush to their obvious death every yr in d name of scooping fuel frm vandalisd pipelines, waiting to xplode;its d same reason y every misfortune including daily massacre up north & theiving by politicians is an act of God & shld be left to God; its d same reason y we are called Nigeria & its d same reason i love my country Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by phobia147(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
OK
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by mjames: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: I'll really like to see the Algorithm used in these rankings cos some things just don't add up. I see no reason why the Super Eagles should not be ranked number one in Africa.

Seconded.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by rastamouse: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Thank you my bro. Look at all the insults going on. People have forgotten that each man -regardless of looks, tribe, ethnicity, race or origin - was created by GOD and in the image of GOD
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nigeria. Is NO 1 in africa when last did CIV win a major tournament,d last of algeria was in d 90s in d days of belloumi

We are the reigning African champions,we set a new 27 unbeaten qualifier record.

Abi FIFA drink alomo?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Damalex4luv(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Zzyzx92: What on earth is USA doing on 11-20th position, they are supposed to gain 40th position in the ranking, for christ's sake, who knows them?
Let them paly with Nigeria at present and see whats gonna happen to their net
if you don't know USA won the last championship in their continent And didn't loose any match during their qualifiers.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Hemanwel(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
I think our priority shud be winning all our matches, and the FIFA bullshit will automatically take care of itself.If we win all 7 matches at the World Cup,they(FIFA)will have no choice than to place us where we deserve in the rankings.
I think FIFA ranking affects CAF rankings.You cant be the highest ranked African team by FIFA and be ranked number 2 or 3 by CAF.It will not add up.Hence,Nigeria remains in number 4 behind CIV,Ghana and Algeria.
My take...
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Adedayo516(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2013

UNa don hear so??
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by BabaOlowo: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
Believe this, you believe anything, BRAZIL being No.11, what a JOKE!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by albiol: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
It wAs the results at the confederations cup that affected our ranking
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nomski0(f): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
kayultimate:
google is your friend.
What is this one saying?undecidedundecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by yfo: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
olrotimi: I read thru many posts here & i realise y we are whr we are as a nation. Its d same reasn y GEJ wld convincingly win nxt yrz election(nt by rigging bt by our votes); its d same reasn y we wld line up along d highway to welcome a politician who has jus served hez jail term for stealing our money; its d same reason y our modas wld sing and dance unda d rain to see off our 1st lady @d airport for peanuts; its d same reason y dozens wld die every year frm stampede to receive what is rightfuly theirs frm the sarakis; its d same reason y hundreds wld rush to their obvious death every yr in d name of scooping fuel frm vandalisd pipelines, waiting to xplode;its d same reason y every misfortune including daily massacre up north & theiving by politicians is an act of God & shld be left to God; its d same reason y we are called Nigeria & its d same reason i love my country Nigeria.

bro, the simple import of what u saying is that Nigerians are stupid and gullible and you just trying to use pretty words and your last line as a smoke-screen.

yes, FIFA have their method for ranking but because there is a system in place doesn't mean it can't be criticised. A couple of years ago, we were ranked 9th in the world and even we Nigerians criticised such a lofty position as we felt we didn't merit it so you can see we don't just cry foul without thinking.
The english climbed to sixth and even their country men (civilised people compared to Nigerians no doubt in your books) criticised the FIFA rankings so please don't look at this as a strictly Nigerian problem or mentality.

@nomski0, asked a question earlier... some kind of reply wouldn't hurt.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by mamagee3(f): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Why did Portugal go down in rankings? cry

I hnope they retain their top 5 position soon, they shouldn't be ranked 14th in my opinion.

And Nigeria should be second in Africa since no African team can beat them more than once.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa by Nomski0(f): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
y-fo:

bro, the simple import of what u saying is that Nigerians are stupid and gullible and you just trying to use pretty words and your last line as a smoke-screen.

yes, FIFA have their method for ranking but because there is a system in place doesn't mean it can't be criticised. A couple of years ago, we were ranked 9th in the world and even we Nigerians criticised such a lofty position as we felt we didn't merit it so you can see we don't just cry foul without thinking.
The english climbed to sixth and even their country men (civilised people compared to Nigerians no doubt in your books) criticised the FIFA rankings so please don't look at this as a strictly Nigerian problem or mentality.

@nomski0, asked a question earlier... some kind of reply wouldn't hurt.
About video games......i didnt see the question before. I play sometimes, my best is wrestling, grand theft, and need for speed(especially most wanted)..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Gov. Ikpeazu Hails Enyimba For Trouncing Rayon Sports In CAF Cup / Top Ten Defenders In Nigerian Professional Football League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.