Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Is Olx.com A Legit Market? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is Olx.com A Legit Market? (2368 Views)

What Olx Guys Did To My Friend because Of 20k Bb Q5 / Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. / How Genuine Is Olx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by Gospell(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2013
Accordin 2 dem....it it a place whr u meet pple dat want 2 sell and buy,so i want it is one of those scam sites out der........has anyone used it?
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by warrenweste(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2013
Scam for where?? When its 101% free have been using them for over 1year now and hav sold over 20phones, 4 laptops,10memeorycards,2shoes,2 sound system through olx and also purchased over 20 kichenwares,1 fridge 4 ganded bedsheets,musical instruments,my uncles landed properties and many more..u just have to meet the buyer in an open place don't go to any private place..that's all and you will be safe...cheers n happy shopping

1 Like

Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by ceejay80s(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gospell: Accordin 2 dem....it it a place whr u meet pple dat want 2 sell and buy,so i want it is one of those scam sites out der........has anyone used it?
my guy scammers are there and everywhere. Because mr.A escape no mean say mr.B go escape scam. One guy wan scam me there once. U can do u business there, but be smart and suspect every body u meet there, always do broad day light face2face transaction
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by warrenweste(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
ceejay80s:
my guy scammers are there and everywhere. Because mr.A escape no mean say mr.B go escape scam. One guy wan scam me there once. U can do u business there, but be smart and suspect every body u meet there, always do broad day light face2face transaction

And how exactly did e wanna scam u?
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by Gospell(m): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
warrenweste: Scam for where?? When its 101% free have been using them for over 1year now and hav sold over 20phones, 4 laptops,10memeorycards,2shoes,2 sound system through olx and also purchased over 20 kichenwares,1 fridge 4 ganded bedsheets,musical instruments,my uncles landed properties and many more..u just have to meet the buyer in an open place don't go to any private place..that's all and you will be safe...cheers n happy shopping

thanx bro,big ups 2u.

1 Like

Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by Timroy: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
I believe in this shopping bussiness, there is sometime called POS and POD... Pay on Sale and Pay on Delivery. In an african country where we all know there is little or no trust anywhere, lets embrace POD Pay on Delivery, if you need anything go for it. Prepare your mind for Shipping fee which would serve as transport fee where this is concern. Be wise and Smart my people. Classified Site is for smart ppl.
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by NinoDeDios: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Timroy: I believe in this shopping bussiness, there is sometime called POS and POD... Pay on Sale and Pay on Delivery. In an african country where we all know there is little or no trust anywhere, lets embrace POD Pay on Delivery, if you need anything go for it. Prepare your mind for Shipping fee which would serve as transport fee where this is concern. Be wise and Smart my people. Classified Site is for smart ppl.

Timroy is totally right. The usual modus operandus of these criminals is to ask you to go and deposit a part of the cost in the bank. Once you hear that line, feel free to end the call. Its a scam. I've already called 3 diff phone sellers on olx who tried to use this on me. So if you must do business on that or any site for that matter, please use the pay on delivery method.
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by warrenweste(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2013
Befor nko na pay on delivery na,na only registered mugu will pay fo stufs he/she hasn't see
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by tunex23: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2013
I called One number on Olx last week, i wanted to buy a fone precisely Bold 5, the guy said it available with their agent in abuja, that all i need to do is to tex them my address which i later did.........in the mornin while expecting the agent he called and said i have to deposit the full payment or half payment first in their account befor the driver will bring the fone. Omo i just cut off sharply......Na scammers and they full everywere! just be smart
Re: Is Olx.com A Legit Market? by warrenweste(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2013
tunex23: I called One number on Olx last week, i wanted to buy a fone precisely Bold 5, the guy said it available with their agent in abuja, that all i need to do is to tex them my address which i later did.........in the mornin while expecting the agent he called and said i have to deposit the full payment or half payment first in their account befor the driver will bring the fone. Omo i just cut off sharply......Na scammers and they full everywere! just be smart

Well yea cos I saw one bad asus laptop dere fr 30k and wen I called d Punk he said I shd pay fr delivery in his acct lol I laughed n hanged up...hungry scammer if he shd collect tht delivery fee frm 30 people a week dats som badass illegal income

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Motorola Z3 4/64gb pictures updated / ✅✅ PS4 GAME CDS| GOD OF WAR | DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN | STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2 ✅ / I Sell Palmpay POS [for As Low As 15K Only] Pay And Get It Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.