Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. (2566 Views)

Scam: Blackberry Z30 @ 30k With Full Accessories On Tradestable.com.ng / Electronics Fraudsters On Olx / Fraud Alert- FXLINE, FAITHSFI are Fraudsters on Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
The rate of fraudsters on Olx and traderstable is alarming.
Who else noticed this? have you ever been the victim of this fraudsters? Please share with us your ordeal with em. I was their victim in early 2012, then I was defrauded of #20,000 pre-payment I made for BB BOLD5 of #50,000 to be shipped to Abuja.
Though it'll be very wrong to ascertain that all of 'em are fraudsters, but meeting a real seller has been a herculian task for me because it never happens(and doubt it'llsad), last few days I was browsing through Olx and I saw a gadget which I wanna buy, the item is listed in Abuja(wuse zone 5), so I called the seller to ask him where we can meet, but to my surprise he told me that he's in Badagry Lagos that I've gotta pay part of the total cash of the item, then he'll ship it to Abujasmiley y'all can guess what I did after hearing that-I cut him off my linesmiley. I called different 4 sellers, guess what? All of 'em been employ same trick(stupid fellassmiley).
I just wish Nigerians youth can be sincere and get engaged in legal jobs and shun away all this '419' acts that we are synonymous with.

Richard Ra

3 Likes

Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
ArienRic:
The rate of fraudsters on Olx and traderstable is alarming.
Who else noticed this? have you ever been the victim of this fraudsters? Please share with us your ordeal with em. I was their victim in early 2012, then I was defrauded of #20,000 pre-payment I made for BB BOLD5 of #50,000 to be shipped to Abuja.
Though it'll be very wrong to ascertain that all of 'em are fraudsters, but meeting a real seller has been a herculian task for me because it never happens(and doubt it'llsad), last few days I was browsing through Olx and I saw a gadget which I wanna buy, the item is listed in Abuja(wuse zone 5), so I called the seller to ask him where we can meet, but to my surprise he told me that he's in Badagry Lagos that I've gotta pay part of the total cash of the item, then he'll ship it to Abujasmiley y'all can guess what I did after hearing that-I cut him off my linesmiley. I called different 4 sellers, guess what? All of 'em been employ same trick(stupid fellassmiley).
I just wish Nigerians youth can be sincere and get engaged in legal jobs and shun away all this '419' acts that we are synonymous with.

Richard Ra

I routinely ban them on my classified ads site.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by PAO429: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
The same thing has happened 2 me...but I did not give in..they will make d price so cheap to attract people just imagine uk z30 for 30k z10 for 20k
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
PAO429:
The same thing has happened 2 me...but I did not give in..they will make d price so cheap to attract people just imagine uk z30 for 30k z10 for 20k

I always avoid items listed at ridiculously cheaper price, yet those listed with moderate prices are still done by them fraudsters.
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by tyconcepts(f): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
OLX has being ruined for trusted sellers by fraudsters....

PS: When something is ridicously cheap, it should awaken your sixth sense, its either it doesn't exist or its fake. You have yourself to blame if you get duped while trying to buy an iPhone 5 for #40,000 or iPhone 6 for #50,000....Ogini??

I only use iPhone as an example smiley

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ms. Tyconcepts your post made me smilesmiley but you're very right my friend, when I got duped, I wasn't hunting for cheap prizes, bb b5 was sold around #70k then and I wanna buy a UK used one for #50k, it wasn't bad huh?
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Its easy to spot em..when u call a seller,and the first question you get is WHERE ARE U CALLING FROM...omo drop the call run grin

3 Likes

Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by tyconcepts(f): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2014
ArienRic:
Ms. Tyconcepts your post made me smilesmiley but you're very right my friend, when I got duped, I wasn't hunting for cheap prizes, bb b5 was sold around #70k then and I wanna buy a UK used one for #50k, it wasn't bad huh?

Oh dear...I wasn't particular. Of coz 50k for a UK used bold 5 then was a fair deal.
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by bobo65(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2014
run from those that normally put MR in their names
Mr Richard
Mr Ade
etc

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by bobo65(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2014
also run from d stupid guy dat says he sell 500gb for 1200, he calls himself mankind from naijaloaded, bleeping scam
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2014
I've said this times without number; 99% of sellers on olx re scammers,
I even reported a seller on olx who listed an item for sale in Akwa-ibom but said he is in Adamawa!. The reply I got from olx was "it is clearly written on their T&C that sellers and buyers must meet before any transaction is carried out".
Though that is true, I still think it will go a long way if such notice is written boldly on the site, cos innocent Nigerians keep being scammed every day!
Their latest trick is to send You a customised sms from dhl or any courier company that your item is on transit so You can easily rush and pay.
LOL Nigerians!
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by uc97: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2014
When u call him, first ask him his location & when he must have told you(but I'm sure he won't tell u his real location if he is fake),tell him you are in the same location as him & ask 4 his shop No or address so u 2 can meet.
If he is fake,he will tell u he traveled & not currently in his official location or will give u a very hidden address or a secluded location(Pls don't go if u notice this).
He will then ask 4 part payment so he can direct his workers or boys to send the item ASAP without delay(Pls don't pay anything without meeting face to face with the seller). At this juncture u can either drop the call or tell him u will wait till he goes back to his official location(which he will never do).
Pls bro anya saa gi.Always be on ur guard.
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2014
Just follow this principle, if u can't meet them- fvck them regardless of how convincing and enticing the offer is.
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by justi4jesu(f): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2014
Following cheesy cheesy
Re: Exposing The Fraudsters On Olx, Tradestable And Others. by omenawata(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2015
OLX and tradestable are breeding ground for frausdsters and the coy is not really doing much to curb the menace. A new site is out now owned by a Nigerian (www.curtislist.com). Though still new I can perceive they have a plan to make online shopping more credible for buyers and sellers. Curtislist included a customer rating system, a comments and feedback thread for any item listed and a forum discussion board per registered user. With this you can easily blacklist a fraud seller and others will quietly avoid doing business with that person. Just the way amazon.com works. very solid idea.

http://www.curtislist.com

(1) (Reply)

sold sold sold / Hottest Deal Alert Sold / Innovative Car Accessories |bluetooth Mirror Kit|car DVD|HID Xenon Headlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.