Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,100 members, 7,957,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? (8577 Views)

2015/2016 JAMB Direct Entry Admission Processes Into Universities Of Your Choice / Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card / What Influenced Your Choice Of Course In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by ecolime(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
It was influenced by Jamb
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju: Yes!!!

My Mother had been signing it like a song since we were kids that she wants only Engineers..

So when it came time to go to the university; She bought the JAMB form and filled out Petroleum Engineering.. When I dropped out and went to Ghana, she again bought the form for Geological Engineering.. So today, here I am, a Geological Engineer. Funny enough, I havent worked a day as a Geological engineer..
tis a pity you preferred being a Native Doctor.

4 Likes

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Lilimax(f): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
No!
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bossforeva: tis a pity you preferred being a Native Doctor.

There is money in Juju business o! grin

Just come and apply, fill the form, bring the requirements and if you pass, you will be my apprentice for 7 years, after that... Nna you go see money run.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
private schools dashing admission like no tomorrow #SMH
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by ProjectKay(m): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=Codedrock]Yeah kind of, for me. My Dad believed i really really have to study medicine and i liked it too. But my ability remains small to reach. You know.. Life doesnt always turn out the way we want it.[/quote

Mr I perfectly understand, trust me, am a final year law student in UNN...all my life have always excelled beyond my peers buh ever since i joined law faculty its been down,down ,down now am somewhere behind the top guys in my class of 200+ ..my candid advice to young lads is this, MAKE SURE U APPLY AND STUDY THE COURSE U HAVE PASSION FOR or else you wil leave to regret it. If i was studying Lit-in-English i know it would have been a different ball game. Cos i live ,breath and eat literature, All thesame i can't stop thanking God for his grace cos where times i felt like giving up.

1 Like

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2013

My Mother had been signing it like a song since we were kids that she wants only Engineers..

So when it came time to go to the university; She bought the JAMB form and filled out Petroleum Engineering.. When I dropped out and went to Ghana, she again bought the form for Geological Engineering.. So today, here I am, a Geological Engineer. Funny enough, I havent worked a day as a Geological engineer..

bros, this your case is something else. Bravo all the same.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by ProjectKay(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
[/sub][sub]
Merkki:

Lecturer, please learn to put paragraphs and good punctuation marks.

Finally, i meet a Nigerian lecturer on a forum. So this is how lecturers write. Wonderful! My heart goes out to the students cry
Merkki:

Finally, i meet a Nigerian lecturer on a forum. So this is how lecturers write. Wonderful! My heart goes out to the students cry
[quote author=Merkki]

Finally, i meet a Nigerian lecturer on a forum. So this is how lecturers write. Wonderful! My heart goes out to the students cry[/quote

You all are benighted , get the message and forget the messenger. As if you'll can do better. Negativity everywhere...Mtshew!!!

2 Likes

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2013

ki le leyi?? signing it into ur ear ko, 'cheque-king" it ni.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:

bros, this your case is something else. Bravo all the same.

Thanks!

Same story for my younger Sister.. #Geological Engineer
My other Sister is currently studying - #Electrical Engineering
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

There is money in Juju business o! grin

Just come and apply, fill the form, bring the requirements and if you pass, you will be my apprentice for 7 years, after that... Nna you go see money run.
i rather buy a bicycle and join the palm wine tappers
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Monstertrucks:

ki le leyi?? signing it into ur ear ko, 'cheque-king" it ni.

Dont blame me, blame my phone wey dey auto-correct my spellings..

#Singing it!!
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bossforeva: i rather buy a bicycle and join the palm wine tappers

But if I had said Pastor Work now, you for run come buy form abi?
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by pianogirl(f): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
During my secondary school days, I was a very good science student but I was so crazy about music that I wanted to take it further by studying music in the university but my dad objected it..He sat me down one night and advised me to go for a more "reputable" course. He wanted me to study either Medicine or Pharmacy but I was like I'ld rather study Engineering since I loved Physics and was also very good in Maths. My mum felt Engineering was too "masculine" but I no send her sha..I still stood my ground. When it was time to write JAMB, I applied for Electrical/Electronics and Computer Engineering but at the end of the day, I ended up studying Computer Technology.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

Dont blame me, blame my phone wey dey auto-correct my spellings..

#Singing it!![/quoti use the same screentouch too Oh,.. IOS and jellybean
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by wi5dom(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
nice one ....Project-Kay

1 Like

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by anthony500(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Twas all medical doctor music playing in the house when I brought my jamb script registered to geography and regional planning nobody tell them
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by fimber: 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
YES. From ss1 and am proud of what I do today. They say that what ever an old man sits down and see, a child cannot see even if he stands on a mountain!
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by homesteady(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

But seriously are you a babalawo?

1 Like

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
YESSSSSSSS! I'm a mathy person but my parents wanted me to be a doctor (my father and 2 siblings are docs). 10 years and a medical degree later, I'm applying to get into a phd in biostatistics program.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady:

But seriously are you always at home?

7 Likes

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by curiouses: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nope. they are too unlettered to have influenced it, it was rather influenced by my love for mathematics.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

taaaa! Make i hear.
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by AbuMikey(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady:

LOL gringrin

#QuestionOfLife

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Clemzy16(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Merkki:

Finally, i meet a Nigerian lecturer on a forum. So this is how lecturers write. Wonderful! My heart goes out to the students
cry

Nigerians will always look for a way to find fault in everything you do or say. It's not even a typographical error, but paragraph and punctuation marks. SMH!

@topic - My parents didn't choose my course for me, i opted for it myself. But in a country like Nigeria, people don't choose courses for themselves, the school does.

6 Likes

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bossforeva:

Reads comment...

of laughter
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by executinal(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady:

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Lilimax(f): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
homesteady:

grin grin
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by wi5dom(m): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
piano_girl: During my secondary school days, I was a very good science student but I was so crazy about music that I wanted to take it further by studying music in the university but my dad objected it..He sat me down one night and advised me to go for a more "reputable" course. He wanted me to study either Medicine or Pharmacy but I was like I'ld rather study Engineering since I loved Physics and was also very good in Maths. My mum felt Engineering was too "masculine" but I no send her sha..I still stood my ground. When it was time to write JAMB, I applied for Electrical/Electronics and Computer Engineering but at the end of the day, I ended up studying Computer Technology.

dats gud..
i bliv u can still do music not necessary getting a certificate in music and i think for one to be more inspired, is knowing how to play any musical instrument

1 Like

Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Lilimax(f): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
Bossforeva:
Yes, he's always at home in his shrine practising the babalawo grin
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by tbagjames(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
It was influenced by my dad but thankfully it didnt have a negative effect on me. Wanted to do medicine bt my dad said i should do law. Part of my first term was done in science class. Initially i was incensed wen he told me i should move to art class. Thankfull my g.p is reading in quad(4 point) but there is more joy in reading law than just a nice g.p
Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by Nomski0(f): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
I was influenced and inspired by my dad. Not he forced me but i'd always admired the profession and he made it seem so easy when everyone insisted that it was hell..cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Uniosun(main Campus) / Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa / Federal University Of Lokoja Post UTME 2012/2013 Admissions-fulokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.