Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,683 members, 7,837,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Miss Planet Africa International - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Planet Africa International (7217 Views)

Photo: When Your Barber Is From Another Planet / Nwadike Gloria Kelechi Wins Miss Planet Nigeria 2015 (photos) / Mr Africa International 2012: Contestants & Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Planet Africa International by DaHitler(m): 3:22am On Jun 09, 2006
Thats kool. Hopefully the Nigerian economy gets better. I would like to move back home in about 10 years or so. But that depends on the situation on the ground.

You are half Filipino right?
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by aloib(f): 3:24am On Jun 09, 2006
yup, how did u know, lol
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by DaHitler(m): 3:26am On Jun 09, 2006
From the life of an Afro Asian. cool
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by DaHitler(m): 3:28am On Jun 09, 2006
Well, I am going to head out for the night. Nice chatting. Peace. cheesy
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by aloib(f): 3:29am On Jun 09, 2006
oh thats, lol kkklaters
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2006
I don't feel comfortable with Nigerian beauty pageants that ask contestants to pay so much money to enter. That is not the most ethical approach as far as I am concerned. If the beauty contest has value, it should be paying the contestants for their time and not the other way round.
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by chinani(f): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2006
I hear you Seun but all beauty contestants require money. You're a business man, abi? Well time is money. The time you spend preening, dieting, working out - I'm serious o! And the travel expenses, the doing lesser known pageants to get your name out there. One thing you may not realize is that most beauty pageants require a fee and once you've done (and/or) won several then you can/may get company sponsors but not so much before. I'm not so gung-ho about the Beauty contest thingy but money and beauty contests go hand in hand (it's not just this one).

Having said that $100 shocked USD For what? What is the prize It better be $101 USD. grin
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by Seun(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2006
It takes money to screen job applicants too. Why don't reputable companies charge job applicants for interviews? Because it is just not right! It's not ethical. It's terribly wrong!

The organizers of a beauty pageant are supposed to make their money from the people they are entertaining:
- Entrance fees for the people who attend the show.
- Advertising slots on the public broadcast of the show.

You are not supposed to charge employees. You are supposed to pay them. Any other approach breeds scams:
"Hello Chinani, we are sorry but your job application didn't go through. Why not pay another $100 to try again?"

Moreso, if the organizers of the show have already been paid by the models, then there's litle incentive for them to make sure that their models receive maximum exposure during and after the show. They can take the money and run. It is simply wrong, wrong, wrong to collect money from these young and desperate model wannabes.
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by mateere: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2006
Seun, I understand were you are coming from, but changing this would be like starting a whole revolution and changing the order with which world pageants have always been run. Allow me to add my two sense. From the Miss World to the Miss Nobody everyone has had to pay some form of entry fee. This is not a job interview by the way. Its a competition more like a chance game or like a lottery. You pay a fee for a chance to win the lottery right? Same thing here, its a chance to be crowned Miss Planet Africa out of a number of worthy contenders who so believe the same thing and to show their commitment to the cause and their faith in their beauty and ability to win hence the fee. It wouldnt be worth the while if it was bona fide then the organisers would get just anyone in and there wont be so much of a competion then.

By the way did you check out the prizes? A car, cash, scholarship, a whole clothes wardrope and beauty products etc. A $100.00 becomes nothing then.
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by chinani(f): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2006
Seun it's pretty clear that contestants are not employees. Your mistake (logically) is in comparing employees to contestants. I've noticed that the slippery slope is your friend. . .But your right the lion's share of the money should come from people being entertained not the help. . .hired help you would say 'cept they get no money.

K, gtg cook a late breakfast. Will be back to spar w/ you later. . .want me save you some bacon?
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by diddy4(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2006
ok im only here for the bacon so chinani save me some please.

TOPIC,

i dont think the contestants should be charged at all. rather they should be paid, its like telling Jolie to come to naija and expect her to pay for the air ticket. it aint fair. they contestants, use their time and money to take good care of theirselves so as to look smashing. even if they cant be paid, atlest the ones that didnt win shouldnt be left to leave empty handed. they should be giving something for the time they inveted in tying to appear as smashing as they could.

chinani, im waiting for the bacon. im starving. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by socool1(f): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2006
for real ?? they pay to enter just for them to loose, I dont support most nigerian peagants because half of the time the judges already know who will win before the other girls gets to display theirselves. thanks to bribe, not fair, there is so many Miss "something" you dont even know which one is what!!! please whatever!!
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by chinani(f): 3:04am On Jun 11, 2006
Diddy, just read your message. My bros ate all of the breakfast bacon but I can cook you a special batch. wink grin

Er, models, Nigeria, yea. . .
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by diddy4(m): 3:06am On Jun 11, 2006
ok, i'd be waiting for d dish. put a lil pepper and salt on it. i love it spicy.

yeah, miss africa international, ummmm
Re: Miss Planet Africa International by Seun(m): 3:35am On Jun 21, 2006
How did your competition go? Sorry about the criticism, but we care about those model wannabe girls too!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour / Please Who Has Used This Facial Cream Called "Carovate" / 2008 Fashion Trend Fashionistas!(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.