Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... (4575 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / FRSC Boss Osita Chidoka, New Minister Of Aviation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

Bros I could not believe my eyes and ears reading from certain individuals on this thread. It is a pity tribal bias is a show stopper in Nigeria. In fact, the earlier Nigeria is disintegrated the better for every one of us. Is there any policy in Nigeria that limits the fleet an agency can maintain? Did Stella Oduah manipulate or inflate the prices of cars? Did she take a kickback on the purchase of the cars? Was the purchase of the two cars precipitated under the cloud rain or darkness of night? Was there any destruction of trail papers with regards to purchase of the cars? What is actually wrong with Nigerians?

If the systems and manners of business situated in the aviation sector are comparable to other sectors of economy in Nigeria, please say it.
My brother, there are vultures everywhere, hoping to latch on to any mis-step by any of the key people working for the president. Not everyone is happy with commencement of international flight operations in Enugu and other good works of the minister. That is why I said the aviation minister should have been a bit more circumspect.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by andyanders: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I believed that this person who wrote this piece of nonsense is her brother or relation. How can she as a minister accept a car knowing fully well that those cars were inflated? Ignorance is never an excuse and therefore she is party to the whole crime. N25O Million naira is not one naira. she should be held liable to that and as such should be killed by Chinese laws which we must start applying.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
berem: Really? shocked
In a country like nigeria where over 30 million nigerians are unemployed? A country where the poor lives below 1 dollar per day? Imagine you comparing Nigeria to other countries that have fleet of armored vehicles? I want to know who those countries are! What a sick and silly comment! angry

Mrs Nigeria, why should the ministries use car in Nigeria? Why should the president, governors, nass members, ministers and commissioners use cars or vehicle of any sort in Nigeria? Imo State has the worst record of unemployment in Nigeria yet you did not see it fit to tell your bedmate, Mallam Rochas Okorocha, to cut down on the fleet of vehicles in his convoy.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
dayokanu:

And Dendemoron

SHow us how one car cost $800k

Dayolodo

Do you have a class? Do you think everybody is a junkyard dog such as you, agbaya?

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

[s] Mrs Nigeria, why should the ministries use car in Nigeria? Why should the president, governors, nass members, ministers and commissioners use cars or vehicle of any sort in Nigeria? Imo State has the worst record of unemployment in Nigeria yet you did not saw it fit to tell your bedmate, Mallam Rochas Okorocha, to cut down on the fleet of vehicles in his convoy. [/s]
Since you're old enough to be my father,I will address you as one. Daddy,please I want to know the other developing countries like Nigeria who have their ministers using amoured cars. Failure to provide an answer, then something is definitely wrong with you!

6 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My brother, there are vultures everywhere, hoping to latch on to any mis-step by any of the key people working for the president. Not everyone is happy with commencement of international flight operations in Enugu and other good works of the minister. That is why I said the aviation minister should have been a bit more circumspect.

Most of the twisted maggots are simply deranged because of the policies instituted by Stella Oduah especially the Enugu International airport.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Midastouch1: 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Ridiculous assertion!

Should have been more circumspect? Meaning? A bit more careful not to get caught? What will the GEJ administration do about this revelation? That is the pertinent question!

During the last Presidential chat, GEJ assured Nigerians that corruption is not a major problem in Nigeria, we have since found out that a minister that he appointed has embezzled Public funds and has being caught red handed.

You have been a dutiful advocate of "open and corruption-free politics", what is the governments position on this revelation. Is it the same as your submission that it is an "isolated incidence"?

Answer the question!

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
berem: Since you're old enough to be my father,I will address you as one. Daddy,please I want to know the other developing countries like Nigeria who have their ministers using amoured cars. Failure to provide an answer, then something is definitely wrong with you!

One of the major drawbacks among certain Nigerians remains the readiness to embrace certain coinages such as “developing countries” or “third world country”. In my place of abode, I do not tolerate dimwits that had found favor in such terms. I guess you are old enough to act as a grown-up.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Midastouch1: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

One of the major drawbacks among certain Nigerians remains the readiness to embrace certain coinages such as “developing countries” or “third world country”. In my place of abode, I do not tolerate dimwits that had found favor which terms.

Your case is worse than I thought because that post ^^^^ makes no sense.

Go and have your siesta and try again in a few hours time

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

Since you are the Africa’s sale manger of BMW, I urge to inform NCAA that it paid too much money for the two cars. In addition, there is nothing wrong if you can show your patriotism by assisting NCAA to recuperate some money.

I expected a silly and ridiculous response, and that's exactly what I've gotten.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Midastouch1:

Your case is worse than I thought because that post ^^^^ makes no sense.

Go and have your siesta and try again in a few hours time

I have once said you are a decomposing trash.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
HNosegbe:

I expected a silly and retarded response, and that's exactly what I got.

I guess a goofy jackass such as you does not deserve anything better than frivolous responses.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by DerideGull(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
The individuals I had expected to leave this thread on merit, as regards the misuse of word-corruption in their response, have done so. I have no use for floor rated numbskulls that still hang around. I am off this thread.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess a goofy jackass such as you does not deserve anything better than frivolous responses.

Of course, everyone who does not subscribe to your warped Igbo-are-better-than-everyone-else ideology is a "goofy jackass".

At least you readily admit that your response was a frivolous one, who expects anything better from people like you?

Bigot.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

[s] One of the major drawbacks among certain Nigerians remains the readiness to embrace certain coinages such as “developing countries” or “third world country”. In my place of abode, I do not tolerate dimwits that had found favor in such terms. I guess you are old enough to act as a grown-up. [/s]
Now it is confirmed that something is wrong with you. I give up! Have a good night rest. grin
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Midastouch1: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
DerideGull:

I have once said you are a decomposing trash.

I am not here to engage with you Deride. Have a good day. You have more on your plate than what we are discussing here.

I am waiting for Insincere Nigerian to turn up
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by donphilopus: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
What a useless thread? The so-called minister has messed up, it's well known to us. You shouldn't have put BUT there
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls, let's not get emotional about this issue. As much as i'm totally against the astronomical overhead spending of Nigerian ministries and agencies, we have to ascertain that what Oduah has done is not in accordance with the laid down rules. is the problem the fact that the money used in procuring the cars are exorbitant or what? Let's be clear and take it from there.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Midastouch1: 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, let's not get emotional about this issue. As much as i'm totally against the astronomical overhead spending of Nigerian ministries and agencies, we have to ascertain that what Oduah has done is not in accordance with the laid down rules. is the problem the fact that the money used in procuring the cars are exorbitant or what? Let's be clear and take it from there.

You will have to explain what you mean by "laid down rules" because I dont get you.

The facts:

1.The minister - Stella Oduah used the funds of the NCAA to purchase 2 BMW armored cars for her personal use.

2.Sahara reporters provided evidence of the procurement of these 2 vehicles from Coscharis Motors

3.This was initially out-rightly denied and debunked by the Aviation spokeman - Mr Datti of NCAA who termed the report as a political witch-hunt

4. The Minister eventually admitted the purchase of the vehicles and indicated that it was for personal protection

5. We have now discovered that these vehicles were procured at inflated prices

6. All of this against the backdrop of the consistent aviation disasters that the country has witnessed under this particular Minister- which she conveniently attributed to "God's will"

7. The OP surmised that this case was an "isolated incidence" and an oversight. He further stated that she should learn her lesson and the case should be closed

I will be happy to hear from you if you can explain what you mean by the laid down rules.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by takedat(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, let's not get emotional about this issue. As much as i'm totally against the astronomical overhead spending of Nigerian ministries and agencies, we have to ascertain that what Oduah has done is not in accordance with the laid down rules. is the problem the fact that the money used in procuring the cars are exorbitant or what? Let's be clear and take it from there.
Is inflation of the market price of the cars in accordance with laid down rules? Isn't that a corrupt practice? NCAA is an agency with financial and operational autonomy under the ministry, it is not the statutory responsibility of NCAA to fund expenses incurred by the minister. Any procurement for the office of the minister must be captured in the budget and this isn't reflected in the budget. She is also guilty of abuse of power, if she needed a bulletproof car for her safety. This right thing would have been to forward such request to the FEC which will then send a supplementary appropriation bill to the NA so that it can be included in the budget and not to influence an agency with autonomy to foot the bill. NCAA though self accounting, is bound by the Fiscal responsibility Act.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by ifyalways(f): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Stella drives one of the car,who gets the second one?
Did stella buy the cars herself?who signed the invoices,the bid process,aprroved it?
I personally think that she messed up and hope she can defend herself,not that the people calling for her head are any better kpa kpa.

Lets see how this would play out . . .
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by ballabriggs: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
Who advertised for bids for these cars? Who bidded for these cars? How competitive was the bid process? Which board sat and approved an expenditure running into millions of dollars?

So madam vampire accepted cars from a parastatal under her ministry without taking these into consideration? That further indicts her ad being incompetent and irresponsible. You can tell that your foolish story to fools like you.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Pukkah: 7:57am On Oct 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The target is not even the minister but the president himself. The ferocious campaign to rubbish the president started immediately after the 2011 elections. The purchase of 2 vehicles is another opportunity to re-launch the campaign of pull-down-the-president at all cost.

I also blame the minister. She should have handled things better.

Just imagine this senseless, mindless, and shameless argument!

So the people that were trying to bring down the President went to Coscharis to buy the vehicles for Oduah and collected the kickbacks from the grossly inflated prices?

Do you think Nigerians are fools?

And will you stop tribalizing this nonsense! It makes you look weak and insecure.

How many people defended Tinubu, Bankole, Faruq, El-Rufai, Ibori etc when they were being tried based on their ethnicity?

Honestly, some people have got no shame...and no sense!

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by 1freshdude: 8:25am On Oct 18, 2013
One sick Country!
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by 1freshdude: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2013

What kind of question are you asking? Are you just being political or just plain dumb? How can a moderator ask this silly question. The deal was marred with corruption, hope you get it now
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Pukkah: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2013
1freshdude:

What kind of question are you asking? Are you just being political or playing dumb? How can a moderator ask this silly question. The deal was marred with corruption, hope you get it now

It is tribalism that has clouded their reasoning. Can you see the way they are prevaricating and shamelessly beating about the bush?

When Patricia Etteh was removed as Speaker due to contract irregularities, did Yoruba people whine and cry tribalism? They were even at the forefront of lampooning her.

Why didn't the South Westerners defend Bankole because he's a Yoruba man? The Northerners didn't defend Salisu Buhari, Atiku (that was hounded and harassed by Obasanjo), El-Rufai, etc because they're Northerners.

Haba!

Is it only Oduah that can/must do the job?

Would they be putting up this weak, tribalisitic and shameless defence if Oduah had done this in Biafra Republic?
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2013
Pukkah:

It is tribalism that has clouded their reasoning. Can you see the way they are prevaricating and shamelessly beating about the bush?

When Patricia Etteh was removed as Speaker due to contract irregularities, did Yoruba people whine and cry tribalism? They were even at the forefront of lampooning her.

Why didn't the South Westerners defend Bankole because he's a Yoruba man? The Northerners didn't defend Salisu Buhari, Atiku (that was hounded and harassed by Obasanjo), El-Rufai, etc because they're Northerners.

Haba!

Is it only Oduah that can/must do the job?

Would they be putting up this weak, tribalisitic and shameless defence if Oduah had done this in Biafra Republic?

Ditto for tafa, akingbola, bode george even fani kayode. We have cussed them out on nl. All of this is a glimpse into the ibo mentality. For them its all about attrition. They will cheer when we get rid of our ineffectual/ corrupt officials, but give their kinsmen a free pass. No more power grab, now its power sneak.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by AjanleKoko: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2013
Walahi, this is a good one cheesy cheesy cheesy

See platitudes cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Ayomel(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2013
Corruption to the highest level.
May almighty God help my country.
Amen
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2013
1freshdude:

What kind of question are you asking? Are you just being political or playing dumb? How can a moderator ask this silly question. The deal was marred with corruption, hope you get it now
Dude is a certified dullard! Don't bother quoting him. grin

When someone is accused of corruption,he or she should be condemned irrespective of your ethnicity or religion. Corruption is not known to one ethnic group.We all have to stand up,speak with one voice and condemn it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS update: Robbers Kill 11 People @first Bank In Ikare-akoko, Ondo State / Pic : Man Eats Up A Day Old Baby (viewers Discretion Advised) / IPOB Dares Arewa Youths, Holds Massive Rally At Kanu's House Today - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.