Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... (4594 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / FRSC Boss Osita Chidoka, New Minister Of Aviation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The minister of aviation messed up in the way she handled the purchase of 2 armored vehicles but she cannot be crucified on account of this. She messed up because even if she wanted those vehicles things could have been done in a more tidy way.

Just to reiterate, I'm not supporting president Jonathan or any of his ministers because they are saints or faultless but because they are all 1,000 times far better than those who held these offices in the past.

For the aviation minister, the issue now is about N255 million cars which she has come clean on. In my opinion, even if she needed those vehicles, they could have been bought in a less scandalous manner. Again, I dont have the facts but it seems NCAA bought those vehicles at inflated cost.

Besides the concerns above, there's nothing wrong with buying an armored vehicle for the office of a minister that is WORKING. She needs to be alive first before she can work.

Again, I think we must also place side by side the alleged or perceived sins of the minister with the good works she has done in the last 2 years. We must place the N255 million spent on the controversial vehicles side by side with over N800 million being spent per Airport in the ongoing remodelling of the 22 Airports across the federation. That is a total of about N18 billion that is currently being spent on remodelling of the Airports. What about the funds spent so far to purchase and install safety equipments for Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) and Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NIMET), including doppler weather radar, completion of the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria (TRACON), wind shear alert system, etc

We must not forget the ongoing construction of N13 billion brand new international terminal in Enugu and 4 new international terminal in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Portharcourt.

The question now is how come there is suddenly funds to execute all these projects? How come there was no major investment in the aviation sector in the last 2 decades until Odua came to power? Who were the people looting these funds in the past? Are the cabals and vultures who were looting these funds in the past now fighting back?

I will not join in fighting someone who has put funds, that was hitherto looted, to good use. I will not join EVIL people in pulling down the minister of aviation or asking her to resign. I will continue to support her to continue and COMPLETE her numerous good works, which I can see with my korokoro eyes. I cannot join forces which I can neither see nor understand their motives in fighting the minister of aviation.

Those who have joined the bandwagon in fighting the minister of aviation are INDIRECTLY fighting all the good works mentioned above. Why join unseen forces to fight the good works that I can see with my naked/korokoro eyes?

Where were all these vultures in the last 2 decades when our Airports were like poultry farms? Why couldn't they show Nigerians the invoices of how they were SHARING the funds then?

I am not perfect, neither do I expect any human being to be perfect. If people make mistakes or engage in wrong doing, we can isolate the issues and deal with them. For me, I have isolated the messy purchase of 2 armored cars for criticisms. I also expect the minister to have learnt some lessons.

11 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by 1Wily1Wily: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
but this car is not her personal car

3 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by BlackBaron: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eh ya...Stockholm syndrome right?

In our part of the world, it is deemed acceptable by the citizens (?) for political office holders to rob the treasury as long as they 'performing'.

Noted. grin

I am now thinking the joke is on me that Nigeria would ever get better with all these type of 'genetically morally bankrupt' humans around.

8 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pathetically and irredeemably hopeless person.....

I know your silence so far is to come up with ways to justify this absurdity

4 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by feelamong(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
At this point we even need more scrutiny on the so called 'good works' she is doing in our Airports!

lets see how the bidding for the jobs were done and at what cost these Airports are to the tax payers..

4 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by blacksta(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
sorry

insecureNigerian
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
ilugunboy: Pathetically and irredeemably hopeless person.....

I know your silence so far is to come up with ways to justify this absurdity
Ignoramus! Maybe you should read my post again. I didn't justify anything. I only isolated the incident for criticism.

6 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by agbameta: 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Since the NCAA is responsible for airworthiness and safety, this insane and retardedddd trash by the resident dullard is too late because over 200 Nigerians are no longer with us and this cheap criminal and corrupt civil servant is directly responsible for each and every one of them.

The despicable and disgusting woman rolled the dice with humans and BMW cars and she picked picked BMW cars over Nigerians...

@OP.., we should be discussing her resignation and criminal prosecution and not the usual mindless and irresponsible thrash you are bothering us with....

7 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
1Wily1Wily: but this car is not her personal car
Whether for official use or not, the purchase of those vehicles appears untidy. Things could have been handled in a better way.

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Ignoramus! Maybe you should read my post again. I didn't justify anything. I only isolated the incident for criticism.

What else is there to read in your badly written epistle.....keep the thrash for your Sunday sermon in your church.

12 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by takedat(m): 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
The Patriots, a pro-Nigeria interest group, has
demanded the immediate sacking of Stella
Oduah as Minister of Civil Aviation.
In an analysis signed by Rose Ibebaku, the
group said it wanted to sound “a serious note of
warning to both the Presidency, the Legislature
and all the high and mighty whose family and
friends, constitutes the bulk of air transport
passengers in Nigeria to wake up from their
slumber and immediately reverse the unfolding
ugly trend being spurned by [Mrs Oduah] by
calling her to order.”
Outside that, it said, “More innocent bloods will
be shed and Nigeria thrown into international
embarrassment any moment from now as a
result of unending breach of every aviation rules
and ethics.”
Adding that “more dangers loom ahead if this is
not checked,” the group called on President
Jonathan to SACK THE MINISTER NOW.”
The Patriots accused allege that Mrs. Oduah is
orchestrating the biggest fraud of the century
and milking the Aviation parastatals dry all in
the name of unsavoury transformation agenda.
Among others, Mrs. Oduah has recently
instructed all the heads of Parastatals and
Agencies under Aviation Ministry, as well as all
Directors and Departmental Heads not to
respond to invitations from any organ of the
National Assembly on any issue, the group said,
without first notifying her and obtaining written
permission from her to honour such invitation.
They urged the Chairman, of the House of
Representatives Committee on Anti-Corruption,
National Ethics and Values, as well as the EFCC,
to re-open investigation into all contracts
awarded under the Ministry’s airport remodeling
exercise, adding, “Please when next you pass
through any of the recently commissioned
airports, take a more detailed look and you will
notice how Nigerians have been short-changed.”
The Patriots further allege:
• The Madam Minister has instituted a
monthly standing deduction order of about
N158million each from the accounts of Aviation
Agencies namely NAMA, NCAA and FAAN and
other Agencies under her and remittance of
same into a secret account solely run by her.
• The Minister recently ordered the three
main Agencies (FAAN, NCAA and NAMA) to
cough out millions of Naira to settle the bill of
six (6) Sophisticated custom-built ballistic
armoured BMW cars for her personal use (either
for her failed Gubernatorial ambition campaign
or for 2015 Neighbour- to-Neighbour presidential
election campaign).
• Price Waters Coopers (PWC) has audited
various aspects of four Agencies under the
Ministry’s financial operations for at least 4
times. As we speak PWC staff, young boys and
girls who have hardly graduated from university
are on ground at the Parastatals offices since
January this year to date looking for God knows
what.
• The Minister usually fixes the audit fee to
be paid by the Aviation Agencies to PWC for
these phony consultancy audits at about
250million Naira each, totaling a whopping sum
of One Billion Naira on each occasion for FAAN,
NCAA, NAMA AND AIB.
• The Minister took her impunity to the
highest level by employing over 2000 new staff
to fill non-existing vacancies in all the Agencies
under the Aviation Ministry…Ninety percent of
these newly recruited staff are members and
online signatory to the Minister's last neighbour
to neighbour presidential election campaign.
Saying it wanted to intimate Nigerians of
“Nigeria ’s most scandalous, nepotistic, furious
and unsavoury recruitment pattern in history,”
The Patriots said that Mrs. Oduah “personally
printed the letterhead of all the Aviation
Agencies/Parastatals, typed employment letters
stating out of designation and grade level and
regularly summons the heads of the applicable
Parastatals into her office to append their
signatures on the already typed employment
letters. Such letters are then intermittently
released to her wards almost fortnightly.”
They said that “smarter ministry officials” are
now having a field day stealing as many already
prepared employment letters as they wish from
madam minister’s office and typing their own
people’s names on it, taking the advantage of
the Minister’s excesses. Newly engaged staff
keep turning up at the agencies even when
staffs are seen sitting under the trees and
pavements and corridors in the Agencies.
Said The Patriots, “Aircraft inspectors
allowances are not being paid as at when due,
leaving them to the open temptations of bribe
and compromise from corrupt and desperate
airline operators who want their planes to fly at
all cost. The implication of this for air safety and
air transport security is better imagined. The
recent Associated Airlines crash is a veritable
case in point.”
“Further to our investigations, we have
discovered that just recently, World Bank
cancelled a long existing training grant to the
NCAA because of the Ministers illegal over-
bearing influence on the Agency. Usually, the
World Bank does not only provide the fund for
the training but also conducts the training itself.
It’s shocking that Madam Minister in her bid to
scoop every available kobo from the Ministry
and its Agencies, directed the World Bank to
monetize it and put the fund under her
supervision. Infuriated by this singular show of
ignorance and greed, the project was
cancelled.”
Calling on President Jonathan to fire Mrs. Oduah
immediately, The Patriots said, “The way and
manner she is handling the Ministry is
horrendous and more dangers loom ahead if this
is not checked. President Jonathan should feel
the genuine pulse of Nigerians, help save the
Aviation Industry from total collapse, listen to
the voice of reasons and SACK THE MINISTER.”

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/patriots-call-immediate-sack-aviation-minister-stella-oduah-corruption-incompetence-and-ne
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by wrench: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
This Dude Never Cease To Amaze Me. shockedshocked

5 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by gregg2: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Olugbenger(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
-
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Olugbenger(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
wrench: This Dude Never Cease To Amaze Me. shockedshocked
We'r in a free and democratic society. I have taken a position and expressed it on this thread. I enjoin you to do the same. If you'r having difficulty in articulating your thoughts, you can call for help.

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by takedat(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
You want Nigerians to overlook flagrant abuse of power and gross misuse of public funds all because you assume she has made considerable progress in the aviation sector? So all the noise and rhetoric about fighting corruption are nothing but smokescreen? Then, you should be referred to as 'Corrupt 9gerian'. How do we deter others from doing the same if she is allowed to get away with a slap on the wrist ? Public office is for service and not for personal enrichment. Isn't it now obvious that the agencies under her purview do not enjoy their autonomy?

10 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by remarkD(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
It seems she also messed up for "stealing" a little bit... imagine if she took all that 18 billion and pocketed and didn't buy an armoured car .... would anyone have said anything? No... because her precedors were all rogues too....
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian][/quote

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
INSINCERE 9GERIAN

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
If it was in china this woman would have been executed

8 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by gregg2: 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
She didn't mess up anything.
I saw a quotation among those documents Sahara Reporters published meaning that a certain procurement process leading to the actual purchase was followed. All the receiving processes with relevant documentation as done in formal organisations were also adhered to, atleast based on signatures and remarks on the various documents. She had nothing to hide, that is why even the stores officers were also allowed to do their work and be privy to it. Have the auditors come out to claim ignorance of the purchase? Where the vehicles not bought? Was they no provision for its purchase in the budget? Is the due process office saying it is unaware?

6 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
gregg2: She didn't mess up anything. I saw a quotation among those documents Sahara Reporters published meaning that a certain procurement process leading to the actual purchase was followed. All the receiving processes with relevant documentation as done in formal organisations were also adhered to, atleast based on signatures and remarks on the various documents. She had nothing to hide, that is why even the stores officers were also allowed to do their work and be privy to it. Have the auditors come out to feign ignorance of the purchase? Was they no provision for its purchase in the budget? Is the due process office saying it is unaware?
It is part of it. Maybe she should have done the purchases under the table. You know there are so many vested interests and this is a highly partisan environment.

What about the cost? The vehicles appear over-priced.

2 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Katsumoto: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
And the houseboys of the thieves are here to defend such an incomprehensible act of looting.

Authority Stealing

5 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
@take dat, what you highlighted in your post is the real perfidy we need to attend to.
Any right thinking Nigerian who truly desires a world class aviation system needs to be exercised by these allegations.

• The Madam Minister has instituted a monthly standing deduction order of about N158million each from the accounts of Aviation Agencies namely NAMA, NCAA and FAAN and other Agencies under her and remittance of same into a secret account solely run by her.
• The Minister recently ordered the three main Agencies (FAAN, NCAA and NAMA) to cough out millions of Naira to settle the bill of
six (6) Sophisticated custom-built ballistic armoured BMW cars for her personal use (either for her failed Gubernatorial ambition campaign
or for 2015 Neighbour- to-Neighbour presidential election campaign).
• Price Waters Coopers (PWC) has audited various aspects of four Agencies under the Ministry’s financial operations for at least 4 times. As we speak PWC staff, young boys and girls who have hardly graduated from university are on ground at the Parastatals offices since January this year to date looking for God knows what.
• The Minister usually fixes the audit fee to be paid by the Aviation Agencies to PWC for these phony consultancy audits at about 250million Naira each, totaling a whopping sum of One Billion Naira on each occasion for FAAN, NCAA, NAMA AND AIB.
• The Minister took her impunity to the highest level by employing over 2000 new staff to fill non-existing vacancies in all the Agencies under the Aviation Ministry…Ninety percent of these newly recruited staff are members and online signatory to the Minister's last neighbour to neighbour presidential election campaign.

That some of her predecessors were also corrupt and mediocre, as @Sincere 9gerian has argued, serves as no valid reason why we must continue celebrating statutory unconscionability into the foreseeable future. You develop better monitoring systems in order to stem the rot and not fuel it!

In a nation of 160 million, there are surely other hands capable of restoring sanity to the ministry of aviation. Above all else, that option now needs to be explored.
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by takedat(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
gregg2: She didn't mess up anything. I saw a quotation among those documents Sahara Reporters published meaning that a certain procurement process leading to the actual purchase was followed. All the receiving processes with relevant documentation as done in formal organisations were also adhered to, atleast based on signatures and remarks on the various documents. She had nothing to hide, that is why even the stores officers were also allowed to do their work and be privy to it. Have the auditors come out to feign ignorance of the purchase? Was they no provision for its purchase in the budget?
Fvking Ignoramus. How can there be provision for the purchase of minister's official vehicles in the monies appropriated/allocated to NCAA? Is there not an allocation for the ministry? Isn't NCAA an autonomous agency? If there should be an allocation for such expenses, it will reflect in the ministry's budget and not NCAA. For NCAA to purchase the cars for the minister from NCAA account without the consent of the NA, amounts to egregious violation of the provisions of the Constitution to allocate funds which are not appropriated by the National Assembly that is constitutionally vested with the power of appropriation of public funds.

If funds wasn't properly allocated for the cars, procurement processes such as advertising tenders, competitive bidding, approval of FEC and certificate from Bureau of Public procurement amounts to nothing.

3 Likes

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by blacksta(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
Let her step up a committee to look into the purchase of the armoured vechicle - So Nigeria is not war torn country grin
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Katsumoto: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
blacksta: Let her step up a committee to look into the purchase of the armoured vechicle - So Nigeria is not war torn country grin

But that is not her job; that job belongs to GEJ. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by nedu666: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
EXPOSURE KO, DISCOVERY NI STELLA CONTINUE CHOPPING ITS UR TURN AND ANY MUDAFUCKER THAT DOES NOT LIKE IT CAN GO TO RAPE HIS

MOTHER.WHEN WILL SAHARA REPORTERS EXPOSE ADESINA, CALEB OLUBODE, THE COMMUNICATION WOMAN, ABI ITS ONLY IBOS THEY ARE

GOOD AT EXPOSING. SOWARE AND CO ARE FUCKING TRIBALIST AND LIKE I SAID NGGA GO Bleep UR MOTHER . STELLA GO ON NA UR TURN TO

CHOP AND U ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE CHOPPING. EVERYONE BOTH IN GOVT AND PRIVATE SECTOR ARE CHOPPING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER .

EVEN FOR MY LITTLE POSITION FOR OFFICE AM STILL CHOPPING MY SHARE. HOPEFULLY I WILL GET INTO GOVT FOR THE ULTIMATE CHOPPING.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by ProfessorD(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere nigerian is not sincere
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Awakullowo: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Retweeted oby ezekwesili (@obyezeks):

I recall my Permanent Secretary's great astonishment when I over ruled his plan to buy a new car for my use as Minister of Solid Minerals. SOME MINISTERS DO 'AV EM--A.L.A
Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by gregg2: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is part of it. Maybe she should have done the purchases under the table. You know there are so many vested interests and this is a highly partisan environment.

What about the cost? The vehicles appear over-priced.

Over priced as how? Were quotations not received, reviewed and Purchase Order awarded? At least, I saw all those documents there on the net. See, procurement as a profession doesn't work like that. Let alone government procurement - from federal, state to LGA.

1 Like

Re: The Minister Of Aviation Messed Up But... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian, you should have remained quiet on this issue rather than type the drivel I just read.

The minister's actions are indefensible. She has to go, else GEJ will have the stench of corruption all over him to the end of his tenure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iraq/syria ISIS ISLAMISTS - Islamic State Of Maghreb Will Include NIGERIA! / Breaking News; Buhari Thrashing Gej In Another Poll / FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.