Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,518 members, 7,861,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34375 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 5:15am On Nov 14, 2013
1st mission -Don’t Get Lost: here Goatee is still a young, naïve goat who
is hated by Pa Kilo, his master. Here, Pa Kilo sells Goatee
for a ridiculous price to Chief, who is the head of The Town.
The mission here is to carefully follow the Chief to his car,
Don’t Get Lost! Models needed. -1)car model. 2)the chief , pa kilos model and a few passer by models 3)a few builings in the environ. 4)eni material dah can mak d area com alife lyk crates clay pots oda animaals!!... Found dis 3d car online!!... In obj format

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:17am On Nov 14, 2013
I could not find you on facebook. Can you send a request to join the group?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2013
@jjk24...quick question...y does pa kilo hate goatie...and if d player is going to control goatie to follow d chief without force...wats goaties motivation?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2013
dueal: @jjk24...quick question...y does pa kilo hate goatie...and if d player is going to control goatie to follow d chief without force...wats goaties motivation?
from the post, pa kilo hates Goatee bcoz he is a noise making naive goat. And why goatie followed the chief without force ws becoz its a goat's normal behaviour to follow whoeva is leadin him. and his motivation cam frm the fact his life ws about to be taken and he saw a chance to escapesmiley...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2013
@all....wont it b better pa kilo hates goatie cos he could neva sell him cos goatie had stunted growth and no customer would by him....and i hvnt dealt wit sheeps but sure know dat goats r not naturally inclined to follow unless u r leading them wit a bait
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
dueal: @all....wont it b better pa kilo hates goatie cos he could neva sell him cos goatie had stunted growth and no customer would by him....and i hvnt dealt wit sheeps but sure know dat goats r not naturally inclined to follow unless u r leading them wit a bait
hmm...ok then
i think the next thing the developers shud do is create a model of all the major charcters of the game
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
dueal: @all....wont it b better pa kilo hates goatie cos he could neva sell him cos goatie had stunted growth and no customer would by him....and i hvnt dealt wit sheeps but sure know dat goats r not naturally inclined to follow unless u r leading them wit a bait
yea agree @ dem reason 4 pa kilo hating him!! Hmm we culd sai goatie was basically depressed so he didn't even care bout where he was goin and I tink he will be tied up rhyt!! So basically if d player refuse 2 move d goat den d seller will pull d rope wich will kind force d goat to move forward and d player has to react else dev failed d mission# note we culd skip dis if u guys want 2!!... And @ jivi I jst dnt geht hw 2 do daht though hw am I gnna search yur grp kip searchin it buh its nt bringin enifin up!!.. @ kazi mayb u shuld jst list all d main characters!! In a single row pls...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
The Governor
Chief
Pa Kilo
Goatee
Bellie
Ewu
Butcher
Smallie
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
so whatz our game genre? Strategy, action, adventure?
Have been observing d storyboard development..,keep it up guyz.
@dueal.....lua lua
@jivi....non d environment style is? Does it have to reflect d artist style or do we hav to come up with an agreed style...
I have already designed some stuff with regards with wat i gleaned here.
But i'm still wondering if the game level designer should be left to his style
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Maybe this is too early @ this stage of dev...Whatz our target market for this project?
What are d hardware specs of the user? What type of games will he/she be able to play based upon his/her computer hardware?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
before one starts to model the 3D terrain it is important that a schematic is created to help determine where strategic game play elements will be located. D schematic is d first step in d preproduction process to create d level.....but here everyone seems to be comin up wt a drafts but no precise schematic.....@jivi who is incharge of level design? Will he be soley responsible for it? Here i see overlappin of roles here?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jivi, biko come and answer these big big gramma questions here!shockedshocked
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone who has been contributing immensely to the progress of this this thread,before u imagine it we would soon be there. keep it up able hands
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by fmhr: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
I have read the through this thread. I'd like to join the team. I program in C/C++( mainly windows apps)

Well I have an important twist to add to the story line. Rather than discarding the sango, amadioha story line I think it is better to merge them. The story continue with the goatie(animal revolt) storyline but the human characters are historic nigerian characters like songo, amadioha, obatala etc. Some the humans try to stop the animal revolt and sometime along the line due to issues of differences betrayal, greed , jealousy or some similar reason there is divison amongst the humans and one or more factions break out. So we have say three possible missions( or more depending on the number of human factions):

1. Goatie leading tthe animals to overthrow the humans
2. The govt. lead by songo determined to stop the animal revolt and human rebellion
3. The human rebels lead by( say obatala) determined to overthrow sango and also end the animal revolt.

So we will see
1. animals fighting against the govt forces and the rebel forces
2. Govt forces fighting against animalsforces and rebel forces
3. Rebel forces fighting against govt forces and animal forces

Like I saind the human characters would be historic nigerian figures. It will tell a story of nigerian history but use modern settings(environment) meaning while we are telling what happened in the past, we will be doing it in modern environments. So the humans can use thunder, charms, etc on themselves and can also use guns, granades,revolvers, machine guns, tankers etc. Also they they are historic characters the will have armies with modern formation. i.e the soldiers and armies will operate like modern soldiers but the will wear historic nigerian dressings.

I think also a team shd be set up that will look into the various Nigerian histories and come up with interesting story story lines from three or more major tribes so that the Game can have national appeal. It wont look just hausa, or yoruba, or igbo or efic etc.

Finally since there will be three possible missions,there will be three possible ways of playing the game. There is no need to create new scenes. The scenes from one mission can be used for another mission the only differnce is that the game has three possible ways of ending.
This may be unique but I believe it is good and possibly innovative.

I hope this is useful.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by 2mNaira: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
I have read the through this thread. I'd like to join the team. I program in C/C++( mainly windows apps)

Well I have an important twist to add to the story line. Rather than discarding the sango, amadioha story line I think it is better to merge them. The story continue with the goatie(animal revolt) storyline but the human characters are historic nigerian characters like songo, amadioha, obatala etc. Some the humans try to stop the animal revolt and sometime along the line due to issues of differences betrayal, greed , jealousy or some similar reason there is divison amongst the humans and one or more factions break out. So we have say three possible missions( or more depending on the number of human factions):

1. Goatie leading tthe animals to overthrow the humans
2. The govt. lead by songo determined to stop the animal revolt and human rebellion
3. The human rebels lead by( say obatala) determined to overthrow sango and also end the animal revolt.

So we will see
1. animals fighting against the govt forces and the rebel forces
2. Govt forces fighting against animalsforces and rebel forces
3. Rebel forces fighting against govt forces and animal forces

Like I saind the human characters would be historic nigerian figures. It will tell a story of nigerian history but use modern settings(environment) meaning while we are telling what happened in the past, we will be doing it in modern environments. So the humans can use thunder, charms, etc on themselves and can also use guns, granades,revolvers, machine guns, tankers etc. Also they they are historic characters the will have armies with modern formation. i.e the soldiers and armies will operate like modern soldiers but the will wear historic nigerian dressings.

I think also a team shd be set up that will look into the various Nigerian histories and come up with interesting story story lines from three or more major tribes so that the Game can have national appeal. It wont look just hausa, or yoruba, or igbo or efic etc.

Finally since there will be three possible missions,there will be three possible ways of playing the game. There is no need to create new scenes. The scenes from one mission can be used for another mission the only differnce is that the game has three possible ways of ending.
This may be unique but I believe it is good and possibly innovative.

I hope this is useful.

N.B.
I initially posted this using another pesons account. I thought I was logged in I did not hkow someone else was logged in (femr). So I had to log him out and relog in using my own ID. I doubt if the person whose account I mistakenly used to do the post is a programmer or has ever seen this thread.

My email address is cplusprog@yahoo.com
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
@mnairaland....welcome...u can contribute by knowing d lua scripting language....dats a very very swisted twist....pls find nairaland game project on facebook to join
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
kazuna: before one starts to model the 3D terrain it is important that a schematic is created to help determine where strategic game play elements will be located. D schematic is d first step in d preproduction process to create d level.....but here everyone seems to be comin up wt a drafts but no precise schematic.....@jivi who is incharge of level design? Will he be soley responsible for it? Here i see overlappin of roles here?
well, since we are not much in number. The overlapping of roles is inevitable. This is not like a game company. Everyone is sort of bringing in ideas and the best one is taken. Also, dueal is responsible for the level design but it seems he has his hands full right now.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cafeteria

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Buh I tot dueal said dah wnt work @ jivi and also shw up here more often abeg!! ... U lyk d game director we can't mak eni decisions if u aint here!! R we adding mnairalands twist to d plot or nt
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
@mnairaland,ur new story twist would surely become handy on the long run. seriously now,we need to focus more on the game development aspect;.nice concept from u brother

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Peterjosh: @mnairaland,ur new story twist would surely become handy on the long run. seriously now,we need to focus more on the game development aspect;.nice concept from u brother
exactly wah was on ma mind brother !!... Almost a month and we still talkin bout d plot !! We shuld start makin d game and if we feel lyk addin sumfin 2 d story den letta since d story will be told tru cut scenes wich we nt makin nw!! Let's focus on d gameplay and d mission layout!! Bout level design !! I culd wrk on daht so @ jivi agn r we doin d 1st mission or skipping it d part where goatie fllws d chief to the car!!..
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
@allintrestedparties....pls request to join group on facebook.
@all...nice try to blend d two earlier ideas(sango and goats revolt) just my thots....i'm not sure it will work as is....maybe . modification...but i prefer we stick to goats revold purely.

First mission mechanic:
Game idea for first mission (Follow chief): trying to create a gameplay mechanic for d first mission...heres wat i hv.

Shortly after goatee is handed over with a rope to chief by pa kilo, the rope snaps. Chief being proud and wont carry goatee in his arm starts leading goatee to his car by tossing bread pieces. Since goatee has not feed for a long time cos pa kilo hates him, he is starved and follows d bait.

Mechanic: player must follow chief to get bread and keep energy level up or risk collapsing. But chief hardly give bread to goatee so food along d way will b an option for goatee. If d player stays too long from chief, chief will find him and give him some wooping which will reduce goatees energy level and may lead to goatee collapsing. So d idea is to balance search for food and time stayed away from chief....hope i passed d idea clearly
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
@mnairaland.
Lets just stick with Goats Revolt story and decide which one to use.

I am working on barrack models.
Dormitory.
ClassRoom.

@dueal
nice idea.
However, I personally feel that Goatie should be badass from the beginning. Hence, we should go straight to barrack level missions.
All these initial oppressions shows weaknesses. They should be part of the cut-scene like dueal suggested earlier. Do we want to establish a weak or strong character for goatie? If we want to establish a strong character. Then, he should not be portrayed as a dump animal but an
intelligent one born into oppression and refuses to be oppressed.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Building Models needed

Another Cafeteria,
3 Hostels/Dormitory buildings
I Adminstrative building
2 classroom building
2 Weapon Storage Facilities
Outdoor Recreation Centre(Football, Basketball and Swimming Pool)
Military Training Facility

and we are done for the barracks
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
like d name of the game depicts,its a revolt come revolution. so d main character should be a strong one...........about d story i think we should go with kazi's own since he is got d gdd and he has a good and well modifid story line

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
We alredi hav d 3 hostels and 2 weapons shade! smileybasketball field on p

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2013
@jivi....ok everyone chips in, albeit there did be conflicting interests along d line.
So d military baracks design x gonna be uber realistic?
Yea jivi, you really got to show up here more often.....ya d director.
Kinda like @mnnaira twist to d plot.....makes d goatie's motivationz really grunge.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 12:33am On Nov 16, 2013
@kazuna Yeah, the barrack setup is gonna be uber realistic.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2013
So @ jivi where r we startin frm precisely we goin wit kazi story rhyt!!.. Is it d geht mre guns or First Animal Attack: also in the bid to boost up your game,
the mission here is for Goatee and other animals to attack a
small group of anti-animal squad militia and take over that
area.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
barrack admin building ...not textured yet....designed in parts.....so each part can still be dessembled into decrepit buildings

3 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
aerial view of barracks WIP
A. Weaponz storage
B. I don't know, could be any decrepit building
c.Administrative
D. Just an uncompleted building
G. The garage for amored tanks and all
R.The residential building prototype

Just my views, any of this building can have new functions....Jivi ya d boss

2 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
will d buildings be accessible? @Jivi.....and can they collaspe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.