Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,191 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34211 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dovercomer(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
I'm back.

It is a good news for me that we are using unity
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2013
@dovecomer....dat plot goodie
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2013
will soom release a demo done with Panda 3D engine and Blender.. Demo for Pc.
Warnin though......any damage to ur pc is entirely d responsibilty of the person who downloaded it...lol
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2013
will soom release a demo done with Panda 3D engine and Blender.. Demo for Pc.
Warnin though......any damage to ur pc is entirely d responsibilty of the person who downloaded it...lol
it work perfectly on mine though...
Plz x there any python expert here?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2013
kazuna: will soom release a demo done with Panda 3D engine and Blender.. Demo for Pc.
it work perfectly on mine though...
Plz x there any python expert here?
am a python amateur...buh Ajibel is an expert! summon her!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2013
kennikazi:
am a python amateur...buh Ajibel is an expert! summon her!
lol...him,not her
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
CODE-EATER:

lol...him,not her
shocked...xo Ajibel is a niqqa?? *bangs head on wall*
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
kennikazi: shocked...xo Ajibel is a niqqa?? *bangs head on wall*

Lmfao

Anyway why y was my name mentioned?
I view as a guest mostly nau buh anyone could get me on FB with d name "Seyi Pythonian" if he/she so wishes. I've been responding to some python questions there buh I DON'T know everything oo. Thanks wink

*logs out*
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by hunter21(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jivi:
Actually, We should use a custom game engine. I have one already down and I will organize an online tutorials on how to use it for the programmers. The tutorial would not be a webinar. It would just be a blog post with source codes of each tutorial and the game engine library. I will answer all the questions posted on the tutorial blog.
is your gameengine in the class of frostbite2, cryengine3 and unrealengine4.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Dimeji271(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Can you guys also make it an online game, for Java and Android. Just like Art of War 2 Online, the game really makes sense
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 27, 2013
am back y'all, did they kill goatee? has the war ended? I hope we finish the game before 24th 2014 cus dats wat the story it about, Christmas...... I missed u all @ Oga jivi, Oga jjk nd oda gurus
how can my android?......
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
hunter2,1:

is your gameengine in the class of frostbite2, cryengine3 and unrealengine4.
My game engine is capable of next gen graphics like unrealengine4, frostbite2, cryengine3
but graphics apart, it is not in the same class in anyway.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 11:20am On Jan 06, 2014
Jivi:
My game engine is capable of next gen graphics like unrealengine4, frostbite2, cryengine3
but graphics apart, it is not in the same class in anyway.
Wait o..some one should clearify me here...i thought it was upto d target platform and 3d modeling tools like blender n maya to decide or craft the 3d models n by xtension,their level of realism...i also thought a game engine was just kinda like a framewrk(e.g in my domain an xmple would be codigniter or Symphony) for making fast n easier d process of creating a game.

What does it have to do with d graphics or realism of d 3d models?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 8:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
CODE-EATER:

Wait o..some one should clearify me here...i thought it was upto d target platform and 3d modeling tools like blender n maya to decide or craft the 3d models n by xtension,their level of realism...i also thought a game engine was just kinda like a framewrk(e.g in my domain an xmple would be codigniter or Symphony) for making fast n easier d process of creating a game.

What does it have to do with d graphics or realism of d 3d models?

The target platform may or may not have certain capabilities. It is up to a good game engine to detect that and enable or disable capabilities at will. Also, the 3d modelling tools create the environment and assets used by the game engine to run the game. If certain assets are not included into the assets to be used by the game engine.The game engine cannot make use of whatever technique that assets was to be used for. For example, if I create 3d models without normal maps in a 3d modelling tool. Even if a 3d engine supports normal mapping. It cannot use it for that assets because there is no normal map present except of course it generates a flat normal map which is the same thing as using no normal map.
Conversely, if I create a normal map for an asset and use a game engine that does not support normal mapping, then, normal mapping through that game engine would not work.
Going back to platforms, if an asset is created for a technique and a game engine supports that technique but the platform e.g graphics card does not support it, such a technique cannot be used.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by bigt2(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2014
I have not seen any download link here! All i see is argument about game engine!!! :/
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2014
"A DIVIDED HOUSE CAN NEVER STAND", I for see this game not being completed before 2015 at this rate of arguing
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by losprince(m): 9:48am On Jan 07, 2014
you can't successfully discuss this on nairaland. my advice, create a website for the project and allow only people who can help to participate and try getting a leader or decision maker. if you continue like this you might get no where and you ideas will be stolen.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by BlueMagnificent(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2014
I believe the best is to make a simple prototype as a prove-of-concept
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Donkunxex(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
is this project still on?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Personally! 4me? Yea its still on ...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Donkunxex(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
you know,we can actually finish this thing
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
well, maybe I should hire people for the project instead.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by losprince(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Jivi: well, maybe I should hire people for the project instead.
naija open source dey always go south
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:55am On Jun 28, 2014
If you know anyone who is very good at modelling like kazuna but require a fee, please, refer them
to post their resume or works or portfolio to jivibounty@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2014
@jivi
hw are ya?
is this project still on?
will really like to be more involved...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2014
ya said somethamg about portfolio? could you extrapolate more for me...abeg

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by digitite: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Subscribing cool
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
@kazuna
The project is still on.
Concerning the portfolio, I want to get original 3d levels for a fee.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by MasterPDON: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
it's been months since anyone posted anything here. is this project still on?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Danosaur007(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Im a beat maker(sound designer) could cook up some pretty cool for goat revolts.. wink[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
@Danosaur007
Great!
Lets's continue this project for all those still interested.
I will post a summary of where we are soon.

Thanks.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by bigt2(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jivi: @Danosaur007
Great!
Lets's continue this project for all those still interested.
I will post a summary of where we are soon.

Thanks.
thank God the masters are talking again.I'm here for your sound effects and other slangs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.