Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456217 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:34am On Dec 12, 2013
OjaP:

He can get it. But what has changed in his last application?

It's a game of luck now. Everyone is correct..... Jaskinbo, Ojap and Ame.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:40am On Dec 12, 2013
jaskinbo: Nothing have changed from my last application but only that people here told me that I should put my dad job in a. More lucrative way when asked next

That is the change.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 12, 2013
OjaP:

Confidence, posture, and more reasonable answers to the questions are just a few. It happened to me Amefrica.

E.g,
Ist attempt,
V.O: Why didn't you write the GRE.
Answer: The school waived it for me.
V.O: Sorry bla bla bla....

2nd attempt;
V.O: Why didn't you write the GRE?
Answer: I graduated with an impressive GPA and have worked 3years in my field and had also written 2 research papers in the field of computer science. The school waived it for me because of these achievements.
V.O: Pick up your visa.

Can you spot the difference?

Wow! How many days difference?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's a game of luck now. Everyone is correct..... Jaskinbo, Ojap and Ame.

Seconded! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:43am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

Wow! How many days difference?

That was not what I said ooo....LoL. That was just an example.

Mine was 4 days or so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 12, 2013
OjaP:

That was not what I said ooo....LoL. That was just an example.

Mine was 4 days or so.

..Lolz.. I thought it was what you said.

Gotta crash now! Goodnight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:49am On Dec 12, 2013
I will get it, one way or another, I really don't sEe any reason why I should be denied. I have God by ♍Ɣ‎ side, I have admission despite the low score, I have funds, I really don't fancy US, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle just feels I need to get any from the emotional stress from the loss of ♍Ɣ‎ dad and I also have another uncle that will watch over me in the US, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ I won't miss ♍Ɣ‎ dad's presence too much. With all said, what is the embassy's business in it? They will give whether they like it or not

OjaP:

My wish is for you to get the VISA and I pray you meet a very nice and GOD-SENT V.O that will overlook all the red flags. If otherwise, I warned you.

I wish you all the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:52am On Dec 12, 2013
domex007: I will get it, one way or another, I really don't sEe any reason why I should be denied. I have God by ♍Ɣ‎ side, I have admission despite the low score, I have funds, I really don't fancy US, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle just feels I need to get any from the emotional stress from the loss of ♍Ɣ‎ dad and I also have another uncle that will watch over me in the US, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ I won't miss ♍Ɣ‎ dad's presence too much. With all said, what is the embassy's business in it? They will give whether they like it or not

Good luck to you. I look forward to joining the folks here in welcoming you to the USA when you grab your Visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 1:02am On Dec 12, 2013
Do you now said that I should go for Friday date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:12am On Dec 12, 2013
.Thanks S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ much, I really appreciate.. I already have God's favour, luck is just a bonus..

quote author=OjaP]

Good luck to you. I look forward to joining the folks here in welcoming you to the USA when you grab your Visa.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishaq265: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello,
Pls I'll be goin for my student visa interview next week pls I need some help tips on the kinda questions asked. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wildchild1: 1:20am On Dec 12, 2013
would love to ask when is the best time to apply for a graduate program in USA...Its for my cousin,he is presently in 400l now and would be graduating by April cos they already finished 1st semester before the ASUU strike...would he still be able to apply for a graduate program that would start in say Aug,Sept or Oct because his certficicate and transcript wont be ready until June/July.
Some please answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wildchild1: 1:57am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child: would love to ask when is the best time to apply for a graduate program in USA...Its for my cousin,he is presently in 400l now and would be graduating by April cos they already finished 1st semester before the ASUU strike...would he still be able to apply for a graduate program that would start in say Aug,Sept or Oct because his certficicate and transcript wont be ready until June/July.
Some please answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:43am On Dec 12, 2013
domex007: I will get it, one way or another, I really don't sEe any reason why I should be denied. I have God by ♍Ɣ‎ side, [b]I have admission[/b]despite the low score, I have funds, I really don't fancy US, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle just feels I need to get any from the emotional stress from the loss of ♍Ɣ‎ dad and I also have another uncle that will watch over me in the US, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ I won't miss ♍Ɣ‎ dad's presence too much. With all said, what is the embassy's business in it? They will give whether they like it or not

You really don't fancy US? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin Tell me more. So they are forcing you to come This is grin So the sending you to the US is consolation, so you don't miss your Dad? grin grin grin grin

@Bolded...have you not heard that admissions is the easiest thing to secure in the US? cheesy Which school you dey go sef?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 3:01am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

NO! Don't apply to community college. There are many affordable universities.

Minot State University
Southern Arkansas University
Southwest Minnesota State University
Minnesota State university moorhead.

They are plenty!
I had a friend who told me she applied to a conventional university(one of the SUNYs), and when she arrived in US, simply transferred to a CC. Is this really possible?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 12, 2013
tdade: I had a friend who told me she applied to a conventional university(one of the SUNYs), and when she arrived in US, simply transferred to a CC. Is this really possible?

She transferred! Yes, it is very possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 12, 2013
domex007: I will get it, one way or another, I really don't sEe any reason why I should be denied. I have God by ♍Ɣ‎ side, I have admission despite the low score, I have funds, I really don't fancy US, ♍Ɣ‎ uncle just feels I need to get any from the emotional stress from the loss of ♍Ɣ‎ dad and I also have another uncle that will watch over me in the US, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ I won't miss ♍Ɣ‎ dad's presence too much. With all said, what is the embassy's business in it? They will give whether they like it or not

Woah!! shocked grin grin grin grin grin Sorry for your loss..

But if they should notice, I repeat: if they should notice @emboldened words, I'm scared na "Nah Nigeria you go do christmas" you go hear..

F1 Student VISA is for those who really want to study. I'm not being judgemental but I'm scared if you should display a sign of I just wanna relieve myself from stress then your denial is sure..

Since you have an uncle in the US and you don't really fancy US, you have the funds and you only want to go relieve yourself from emotional stress then Student F1 VISA aint for you. Kindly apply for B1/B2(ViSIT) or so,,

No offence! Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Ricky!! I sight you.. How was the journey. Bird no dey tell bird say he wann fly. No suppose be. How MN? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
You really don't fancy US? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin Tell me more. So they are forcing you to come This is grin So the sending you to the US is consolation, so you don't miss your Dad? grin grin grin grin

@Bolded...have you not heard that admissions is the easiest thing to secure in the US? cheesy Which school you dey go sef?

The guy's got a lot of work to do to get the VISA..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 12, 2013
wild child: would love to ask when is the best time to apply for a graduate program in USA...Its for my cousin,he is presently in 400l now and would be graduating by April cos they already finished 1st semester before the ASUU strike...would he still be able to apply for a graduate program that would start in say Aug,Sept or Oct because his certficicate and transcript wont be ready until June/July.
Some please answer

There are only 2 major semesters..

Fall - Starting August/September
Deadline - 3-5 months(I think) before resumption month..

Spring - January/February.
Deadline - 3-5 months(I think) before resumption month,.

Goodluck to you ur cousin!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 12, 2013
jaskinbo: Do you now said that I should go for Friday date?

It's just a game of luck now, it's too early. It's not impossible but be prepared.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Obieem: 4:58am On Dec 12, 2013
Obieem: A friend is planning applying for a tourist visa by Jan. Her sis in the states is about to put to bed, so she wants to use that opportunity to visit. Please I want to know what are her likely chances, would she be considered for the visa considering she is still young,and nt going for business and she is not working. Please the gurus in the hauz help.
What are the likely questions for interview.
NB: her sis is nt a citizen, she just went to US for a 6 months visa, so she could deliver
Pls Ans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

There are only 2 major semesters..

Fall - Starting August/September
Deadline - 3-5 months(I think) before resumption month..

Spring - January/February.
Deadline - 3-5 months(I think) before resumption month,.

Goodluck to you ur cousin!
There are 3 semesters uncle. Fall, Spring, Summer. Either ways it differs by school. Some school use semesters some use quarters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
There are 3 semesters uncle. Fall, Spring, Summer. Either ways it differs by school. Some school use semesters some use quarters.

... I said 'major' sister. I didn't say 'mainly'....

Thanks tho!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 12, 2013
@Obieem, how old is she? Has she travelled out of this country before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zynnnie: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2013
scobbyy2k3:

Your sevis fee is only valid for a particular course of study. So tell me how I am wrong

i think this is wrong, i transfered to another school and changed course but i maintained my sevis number. Is valid for the duration of ur program. It will change if u want a to further, from undergrad to graduate or masters to phd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2013
zynnnie:

i think this is wrong, i transfered to another school and changed course but i maintained my sevis number. Is valid for the duration of ur program. It will change if u want a to further, from undergrad to graduate or masters to phd.

Another living witness.

To sum up everything. SEVIS can be transferred from school to school, course to course, school to a new course and error on SEVIS receipt can be corrected. But SEVIS moni na nonrefundable. kiss

After a degree, SEVIS status can be OPT if one applied OPT and when one gets back in school, the SEVIS status can be changed back to active student. One person, one SEVIS provided you got visa with it. Shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 7:22am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

She transferred! Yes, it is very possible.
Thanks for your reply, sir. Forgive my questions, but will the university be obliged to refund the tuition fees?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 12, 2013
tdade: Thanks for your reply, sir. Forgive my questions, but will the university be obliged to refund the tuition fees?

I don't think it's refundable. It's either she used a semester in the university (paid for it) or she transferred straight to the CC as soon as she got there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2013
Amefrica:

I don't think it's refundable. It's either she used a semester in the university (paid for it) or she transferred straight to the CC as soon as she got there.
that's my point! She would've been required to pay for a year's(or is it a semester?) tuition prior to her arrival to the university, no? So even if she transfers immediately, she still loses the money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2013
tdade: that's my point! She would've been required to pay for a year's(or is it a semester?) tuition prior to her arrival to the university, no? So even if she transfers immediately, she still loses the money.

You only get to pay during registration.. You don't pay before arriving in US.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.