Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,784 members, 7,851,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456275 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

If your interview isn't tomorrow or Monday, then ask your graduate office to attach a letter confirming the GA with an email to you.

That's the only solution to show you truly got it since your I-20 doesn't reflect it. Mind you, getting GA isn't visa approval at the embassy but it's a plus to your application.

Best of luck.

The graduate office attached a letter confirming it and even a contract paper to be signed n sent back to them immediately. Graduate office said the hardcopy will be sent to me soonest. Is as even they knew my interview was on monday. The email came very late on wednesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621:

Bro slow down, let's take it a step at a time. Firstly, if a result was canceled it is an automatic zero, the schools and candidates are sent notification of this. If a result is under review or not available that means there's still hope that it can be released, you cannot say such a score is invalid or zero.

Furthermore, remember I said each person should do what is best for him or her! In my friend's case, her official score report was sent to her chosen institution and they made a decision based on that, until ETS informs them that the result is no longer valid, I have no reason to doubt its validity.

Lastly, opinions are different from FACTS, most of us are guilty of mistaking one for the other, each candidate affected by this should call ETS or email them at tsreturns@ets.org if in doubt or confused. May God help us all!

Bro stop confusing urself about unavailable and no longer valid.

Tell me did ETS used unavailable or no longer valid for your friend result?

Since you said ETS said its no longer valid cant u see that it means zero for now? It will only be above zero until it is vaid so as for me anything that is no longer valid or unavailable is equal to zero until it is available and valid to be above zero

If i may ask have ETS contact your friend's school and told the school that the result is no longer valid?

When something is said is no longer valid how will you rate it in your your score? Are u giving no longer valid 1 over 100 mark or 5 over 100 marks or which marks will you award for it?
Am Sorry For this example cos dis aint politics thread.

Why cant inec announce winner in anambra election afterall some local goverment result was under review and not available since they didnt vote and due to election misconduct in that local governmen. Cant u see that inec placed those place to be zero for now until after they conduct election there and add the results to those results they have with them

I hope u will understand why i said is equal to zero for now.. Anyway dont forget to answer my questions pls..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
jcaribie:

is a yellow card important? n whts it for?

Yes is important oo.. Didnt u hear that South Africa goverment sent some Nigerians back to Nigeria due to yellow card issues some years ago?

Yellow card is a card that is used to record some tests/disease such as yellow fever etc. That's all what i can say and remember ooo pls dont mind me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abbey621(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Walspring:

Bro stop confusing urself about unavailable and no longer valid.

Tell me did ETS used unavailable or no longer valid for your friend result?

Since you said ETS said its no longer valid cant u see that it means zero for now? It will only be above zero until it is vaid so as for me anything that is no longer valid or unavailable is equal to zero until it is available and valid to be above zero

If i may ask have ETS contact your friend's school and told the school that the result is no longer valid?

When something is said is no longer valid how will you rate it in your your score? Are u giving no longer valid 1 over 100 mark or 5 over 100 marks or which marks will you award for it?
Am Sorry For this example cos dis aint politics thread.

Why cant inec announce winner in anambra election afterall some local goverment result was under review and not available since they didnt vote and due to election misconduct in that local governmen. Cant u see that inec placed those place to be zero for now until after they conduct election there and add the results to those results they have with them

I hope u will understand why i said is equal to zero for now.. Anyway dont forget to answer my questions pls..

This is what I hate about Nigerians, mixing apples and oranges in order to make a point. Bro stop it! Her result says not available, it never said canceled or invalid. I told you I called ETS and spoke to someone in charge, as of now, they are currently reviewing all scores from Nigerian test takers over the last few months. Until ETS informs my friend that the result is not valid or informs the school, I refuse to be drawn into mere speculation, you have no authority on this matter, your opinion while noble remains nothing but an opinion until you call ETS yourself and verify things, don't call me confused, I find that very insulting!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621:

This is what I hate about Nigerians, mixing apples and oranges in order to make a point. Bro stop it! Her result says not available, it never said canceled or invalid. I told you I called ETS and spoke to someone in charge, as of now, they are currently reviewing all scores from Nigerian test takers over the last few months. Until ETS informs my friend that the result is not valid or informs the school, I refuse to be drawn into mere speculation, you have no authority on this matter, your opinion while noble remains nothing but an opinion until you call ETS yourself and verify things, don't call me confused, I find that very insulting!

lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
You guys are only confusing yourselves with your verbose comments.

VO - Did you take the TOEFL test?
Applicant - Yes
VO - Please pass your test score report
Applicant - Here ma'am. Although, it can't be viewed online at the moment due to Nigeria vs ETS match

I can bet my last kobo that those guys are aware of the issues we are currently having with the ETS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
mos4phy: Please, anyone, do you have any experience or know someone who has undergone undergraduate transfer admission from a Nigerian university while still in d university and also their chances at the embassy. Pleeeaaasee be kind to share if you have any, thanks.
mos4phy:
Please guys I really need any suggestions or advice , I'm bout to start application to 3 unis.
I guess I Wud have to do this on my own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ricky Rozay,
I'm not getting your point.

Are you saying the guy shouldn't go to the embassy with the print-out since his results are not available online?

(Abeg, try to be as concise as possible.)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621: Until ETS informs my friend that the result is not valid or informs the school, I refuse to be drawn into mere speculation ... !

I agree with you on this, really thoughtful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
No body is a VO here, I have said it B4 dat score card is not a guarantee for Visa it is One out of many Factors to be considered for ur visa to be granted, I saw were a visa was granted to some one wit out any score card, d gal was bold and defended her sef TOOTH AND NAIL d VO was so impressed and even praised ha dat she is suitable candidate for d course she wanted to study (journalism). With out further Ado d VO can not kill u or deny u Visa bcus he can't verify ur score, do u want some one dat wrote d exam wen asked to Lie dat he didn't write d exam cus his scores were witheld, at times lieing at d Embassy is dangerous bcus dose VO re like psychologist, tell dem u wrote d exams, show d score card, if she can't verify it, its not ur fault at times d VO likes hearing d truth and they can use oda factors to judge u. I ve said time wit out number dat confidence and gud bak up reason and prayer is Key. After all MS NAS said dat during ha interview d score card she presented weren't checked. Score card is just a plus dere re many oda factors to a succesful interview. My candid opinion. And am sorry if any one saw my previous post as offensive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
FutureDon: You guys are only confusing yourselves with your verbose comments.

VO - Did you take the TOEFL test?
Applicant - Yes
VO - Please pass your test score report
Applicant - Here ma'am. Although, it can't be viewed online at the moment due to Nigeria vs ETS match

I can bet my last kobo that those guys are aware of the issues we are currently having with the ETS.

Exactly!

While there might be an issue with the verification of the scorecard, I assume the VOs are already aware of this (if they're so current and technological).
Besides, the applicant already sent the score to an institution and used the same score to secure admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
gracious17:

The graduate office attached a letter confirming it and even a contract paper to be signed n sent back to them immediately. Graduate office said the hardcopy will be sent to me soonest. Is as even they knew my interview was on monday.

That should be fine for you as prove.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
mos4phy:

I guess I Wud have to do this on my own.

It's the same way as the undergraduate application, only that you apply as transfer student when filing admission application. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
mos4phy: Please, gurus in the house, do you have any experience or know someone who has undergone undergraduate transfer admission from a Nigerian university while still in d university and also their chances at the embassy. Pleeeaaasee be kind to share if you have any, thanks.
I guess imperiouxx has answered your questions. It is very possible;you can contact the schools you wanna apply to and correspond with them. A friend of mine won the US Visa lottery while in 500L of dental school and transfered to Howard dental school,although that's a peculiar case - #lottery tins smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621:

You still making a fool for yourself cos people are laughing ooo and still yet you still dont understand why i keep saying is equal to zero for now

Her result say not available....
ETS told you they are currently reviewing all score....
ETS told your friend that result is not valid.....

the 3 statements above can shows that is equal to zero over 100 for now until the results were available and valid.

Can someone with not available result and no longer valid gain admission ahead of someone whose result is available and valid even those he apply for admission?

This is all about reasoning and dont think am speculating cos i cant imagine 2 people calling ETS and at the end they cant reason together with the girl whose result say not available and you can still say not available and no longer valid is not equal to zero..

Bro abeg reason and dont think am insulting you in-order words i said apple is equal to fruit and u didnt agree with me. I also said oranges are equal to fruits and u still dont agree with me.. Can u please tell me a general name u will call apple and oranges if u dont want to use their names or another language to call them ? Wont u call them fruits?

I wonder alot about you and why you still dont reason that not available and no longer valid is equal to zero for now until it is valid and available when it will be above zero...

If you are a project you will be hard to bind...
If you are cassette you will be hard to rewind...
If you are a bike you will hard to ride...
If you are a car you will be hard to drive...

Anyway sorry if you think my words serve as insult to you.. but you haven't answer this my question ooo '' When something is said is no longer valid how will you rate it in your your score? Are u giving no longer valid 1 over 100 mark or 5 over 100 marks or which marks will you award for it?''

N.B------ A result can only be valid if its available and if its not available is equal to zero for the moment until its available the result is said to be above zero and be called valid

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fuji House of Commotion cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ms Nas: Fuji House of Commotion cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lolzzzzz. No be small tin. Confusion ova a small issue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by abbey621(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
Walspring:

You still making a fool for yourself cos people are laughing ooo and still yet you still dont understand why i keep saying is equal to zero for now

Her result say not available....
ETS told you they are currently reviewing all score....
ETS told your friend that result is not valid.....

the 3 statements above can shows that is equal to zero over 100 for now until the results were available and valid.

Can someone with not available result and no longer valid gain admission ahead of someone whose result is available and valid even those he apply for admission?

This is all about reasoning and dont think am speculating cos i cant imagine 2 people calling ETS and at the end they cant reason together with the girl whose result say not available and you can still say not available and no longer valid is not equal to zero..

Bro abeg reason and dont think am insulting you in-order words i said apple is equal to fruit and u didnt agree with me. I also said oranges are equal to fruits and u still dont agree with me.. Can u please tell me a general name u will call apple and oranges if u dont want to use their names or another language to call them ? Wont u call them fruits?

I wonder alot about you and why you still dont reason that not available and no longer valid is equal to zero for now until it is valid and available when it will be above zero...

If you are a project you will be hard to bind...
If you are cassette you will be hard to rewind...
If you are a bike you will hard to ride...
If you are a car you will be hard to drive...

Anyway sorry if you think my words serve as insult to you.. but you haven't answer this my question ooo '' When something is said is no longer valid how will you rate it in your your score? Are u giving no longer valid 1 over 100 mark or 5 over 100 marks or which marks will you award for it?''

N.B------ A result can only be valid if its available and if its not available is equal to zero for the moment until its available the result is said to be above zero and be called valid

Well done clap for yourself, you are a true professional! It's no use arguing with you, I know what I know and I'm sticking with it. I do not feed you so I cannot tell you how to act or talk. Good luck 2 u!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
House, plsssss I need an insight in regards to the Neccessary Health Test I need B4 travelling. Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
abbey621:

Well done clap for yourself, you are a true professional! It's no use arguing with you, I know what I know and I'm sticking with it. I do not feed you so I cannot tell you how to act or talk. Good luck 2 u!

This not argument at all after its what you said i asked you clarify and reason with it yourself.. Well dont take this personal cos we are all here to learn and i have learnt from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2013

Dammykrane ft Olamide.. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Abeg, who get blackberry charger? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
pablo excobar: House, plsssss I need an insight in regards to the Neccessary Health Test I need B4 travelling. Tanx

You can check your school site for the necessary health test or maybe it was sent along side with your I-20 just check the other documents inside the envelope.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Walspring:

You can check your school site for the necessary health test or maybe it was sent along side with your I-20 just check the other documents inside the envelope.

I saw d HEALTH test, dere re MENINGITIS and TB test but I don't knw if I can take d test here in Nigeria cus it will be cheaper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's the same way as the undergraduate application, only that you apply as transfer student when filing admission application. Best of luck.
Thanks, really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2013

Were you not part of those who spilled milk on the floor?

Now you see everyone sliding and gliding. angry angry angry

@thread members,

Stop sliding off this thread grin

Enough of this ETS stuffs abeg! angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

winbyforce:
I guess imperiouxx has answered your questions. It is very possible;you can contact the schools you wanna apply to and correspond with them. A friend of mine won the US Visa lottery while in 500L of dental school and transfered to Howard dental school,although that's a peculiar case - #lottery tins smiley
Now the herculean task wouldbe collecting ttranscripts for sending to evaluation service companies from my school immediately after the strike cos I'm still in 200l
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
pablo excobar:

I saw d HEALTH test, dere re MENINGITIS and TB test but I don't knw if I can take d test here in Nigeria cus it will be cheaper

You can take it here cos it cheaper compare to usa oo.. Go to general hospital or federal medical center to do the test..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
mos4phy:

Now the herculean task wouldbe collecting ttranscripts for sending to evaluation service companies from my school immediately after the strike cos I'm still in 200l
Contact the schools first, not all US colleges require evaluation of transcripts by the evaluation agencies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
winbyforce:
Contact the schools first, not all US colleges require evaluation of transcripts by the evaluation agencies.
Just checked, Yeah you are very right, two of the schools requires evaluation companies(preferably wes according to them) while the last one does not.
But I'm waiting for the strike to be called off so I can go to my school and order for the transcripts which would not be an easy task. Thank god transfer deadlines for most schools are between February to April.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
mos4phy:
Just checked, Yeah you are very right, two of the schools requires evaluation companies(preferably wes according to them) while the last one does not.
But I'm waiting for the strike to be called off so I can go to my school and order for the transcripts which would not be an easy task. Thank god transfer deadlines for most schools are between February to April.
I'm not sure that getting your transcripts has anything to do with the strike- na administrative matter. Got mine during this strike, but your case may be different since you're still in school and may need HOD signature. No harm in trying though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
I just dey observe lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.