Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,223 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Daarsat - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Daarsat (16504 Views)

Daarsat Now Free To Air Now On Intelsat 907 Spot2 / Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) / Watch Tumfulu On Ait Daarsat - Channel 123 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daarsat by delvinmaya(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2008
pls whatever info you guys have on it will be highly appreciated
Re: Daarsat by shamass77(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2008
DAARSAT promises rich content for viewers

A NEW satellite Direct-To-Home (DTH) Pay TV platform, DAARSAT from the stable of the Daar Communications Plc is set to hit the airwaves soon with a promise of rich broadcast content for the viewers. DAARSAT comes with a deep afrocentric orientation which aligns with the traditions of DAAR Communications Plc, owners of DAARSAT.

DAARSAT will be the first satellite Pay TV platform offering service in Nigeria and operating wholly from Nigeria. This oreintation is based on the owner's belief in the development of the technological manpower in Nigeria to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

With a strong focus on exceptional customer service management, DAARSAT is conceptualized with a programme bouquet to satisfy the yearning and aspirations of Nigerians. It is one platform that takes cognizance of the interests of the viewers. The new pay TV comes with superior quality and programme depth that is second to none.

DAARSAT will commence operations with 40 channels that span entertainment, sports, movies, lifestyle, news, fashion and music. A major feature of the new pay TVs is the deliberate choice of the channels to align with the expectation of the Nigerian viewing public.

DAARSAT will introduce the latest compression technology - MPEG4 which gives it the capability to introduce real High Definition programming to Nigeria as it will air Nigeria's first High definition broadcast content as part of its programme offering.

In a bid to accelerate the transfer of technology, DAARSAT will, in its first year of operation, commence the manufacture of its decoders in Nigeria.

In DAAR Communications Plc's traditional pioneering role, the new pay TV offering is set to introduce to Nigeria, the world's first Integrated Decoder and LCD Television which receives both digital terrestrial and satellite television signals.

The Executive Chairman, DAAR Communication, Dr Raymond Dokpesi said DAARSAT has a focus to Nigerianize the pay TV industry in Nigeria. The vision is predicated on the need to make every Nigerian have a sense of belonging in the new pay TV. It is an attempt at creating a voice for Nigerians.

Dokpesi also said the company has engaged expatriate engineers who will develop the competence of its manpower in engineering and technical areas to accelerate the transfer of technological skill sets required in this budding new industry.

This Service will be out in a couple of weeks, SO BRACE UP FOR MORE,
Re: Daarsat by urfriend(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2008
hi what are the names of the 40 channels.website and pricing.
Re: Daarsat by kaysmith(f): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hi

Here are some list of the channels

Enjoy

1.foxcrime -action series
2.scitech tv -documentary
3.kennis music channel -music
4.channels tv -news
5.soundcity -music
6.NTA
7.AIT
8.aljazeera -news
9.setanta -sports
10.foxsports africa -sports
11.mcm top -music
12.mcm pop -old school classic music
13.sahara one -indian channel
14.sahara family -indian channel
15.nickelodeon -children
16.quest tv -fashion/lifestyle
17.luke tv
18.euronews -news
19.babytv -children
20.bbc worldnews -news
21.ait movistar -nollywood movies
22.star express -series,telenovellas,comedy,movies.
23.ait news -news
24.ait parliamentary
25.ait sports -sports
26.nageo. music -world music,etc.
Re: Daarsat by shamass77(m): 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AS REQUESTED BY MEMBERS, ONLINE AND THROUGH PHONE CALLS, HERE ARE SOME OF THE CHANNELS TO EXPECT ON DAARSAT:

AIT MOVISTAR
DAAR STAR EXPRESS
SAHARA FILMY
B4U MOVIES
FOX CRIME
FOX ENTERTAINMENT
FOX LIFE
LUXE TV
ART CHANNEL
SETANTA AFRICA
FOX SPORTS
AIT SPORTS
CNBC AFRICA
AFRICAN BUSINESS CHANNEL
FOX NEWS
ALJAZEERA
BBC WORLD
EURONEWS
AIT NEWS
FUEL
KIDSCO
FOX BABY TV
NICKELODEON
SOUNDCITY
PRIMETIME AFRICA
BATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
C-MUSIC
MTV BASE
MCM TOP
MCM POP
SCI-TECH TV
FASHION TV
B4U MUSIC
QUEST TV
EURO SPORT NEWS
AREWA CHANNEL
YORUBA CHANNEL
IBO CHANNEL
SARAHA ONE

PLUS SOME OTHER NIGERIAN TV CHANNELS (THAT COULD MEET THE MPEG 4 BROADCAST STANDARD)

MEANWHILE, THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF CHANNELS THAT COULD BE ADDED TO THIS SAT AS YOU WILL FIND OUT IN TIME.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
Re: Daarsat by planet(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2008
When DAARSAT begins trasmission, they should include IQRA channel. Big up to the man - High Chief Dr. Raymond Dokpesi
Re: Daarsat by shamass77(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ PLANET. THANKS FOR THE APPRECIATION. THAT'S ONE OF THE EDGES OF DAAR AGAINST OTHERS, WE CAN EASILY ADD TO OUR CHANNEL (AS REQUESTED BY THE VIEWERS) WITHOUT TRAVELING TO BEG AN EXPERTRIATE ENGINEER. OBSERVATION NOTED, WILL BE PASSED TO TEH APPROPRIATE QUATERS. MEANWHILE, LOOK FORWARD TO OCTOBER 7TH FOR THE OFFICIAL LAUNCHIONG OF DAARSAT BY THE PREISDENT AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, ALH. UMAR MUSA YAR'ADUA, TO WELCOME A ONE-STOP-ENTERTAINMENT POWER BOX IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD VIA DAARSAT.

I REST MY CASE.

E SEUN, A DUPE O.
Re: Daarsat by just2nice(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2008
Where are the Hollywood movies channels?
Re: Daarsat by dawny: 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2008
i would love if daarsat has e. and more foreign channels dat show comdies,movies and series.but what is kennis africa going to be about?cos is bad enough we have 2 watch all kenny,d1,and id fool dem self for free.but i cant pay 2 c dem fool dem self.
Re: Daarsat by dgratrock: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2008
how does one participate as a distributor?
Re: Daarsat by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 11, 2008
@ shamass7,
come over to the Free to Air satellite thread and see what we guys there are discussing your so-called daarsat which has been planned to fail right from the onset
Re: Daarsat by okereuch: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
please before we start celebrating which of these channels is going to broadcast the english premiership,la liga seria a. if none abeg count me out as one of the subscribers
Re: Daarsat by A40(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
@okereuch
True talk

They have got some nice stations though
Re: Daarsat by abes(m): 1:24am On Oct 19, 2008
Do they have a website?
Re: Daarsat by kwachazz: 1:01am On Oct 23, 2008
check www.daarsat.com as it has all the information you need to learn more about daarsat, becoming a subscriber or dealer. they say this is just a temporary site as they are launching a new site early next year.
Re: Daarsat by bodiaye: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2008
I did not realise that it take so much time to build a web site.
Re: Daarsat by flynA12: 8:20am On Mar 04, 2010
delvinmaya:

pls whatever info you guys have on it will be highly appreciated

pls i need to contact the channels manager of daarsat or get info on Daarsat's requirements for floating a channel on it. I'd appreciate you help greatly. Thanks
Re: Daarsat by maskuraid(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2010
flyn a1/2,

DAARSAT is dead and gone to its grave,hum ha, gone to its grave,

forget DAARSAT,try Hitv grin grin
Re: Daarsat by flynA12: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2010
lol, u sure? cos i need to explore all my possibilities. Been calling their help line all day. Its been ringing but no one's picking up, you're probably right. But i'd appreciate a confirmation though. Tx
Re: Daarsat by iFixCustomer: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Daarsat is a DTH service provider. If you want a new connection from Daarsat you can contact Daarsat Customer Care. Here you will get contact details of Daarsat https://www.ifixcustomer.com/2020/03/daarsat-customer-care-phone-number.html

(1) (Reply)

Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.