Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) (6670 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Daarsat / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by samguru(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2008
nairalanders,
do u think ,the just launched DAARSAT will compete favourably with the existing satellite channel provider(hitv,dstv,mytv etc)
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by dandollar1: 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2008
they may compete with HITV,MYTV and others,but DSTV no get rival.DSTV rocks!!!!
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by obadina(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2008
it is very possible they compete with DSTV, with the amount of programme content they said they already acquired. I think it best we watch,
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by Pappy: 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2008
Someone wake me up when they decide to build a better website. For a company that's supposed to compete with DsTV and be the best they have a website made of powerpoint, they (and alot of other nigerian companies) need to realize that in this day in age websites are important.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by DisGuy: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
they dont even have a website! typical of High Chief Alegheo!! bush man!
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by samguru(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2008
habaa, a big media company in nigeria like AIT
i think they should have website you can search the web.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by sfinxone(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2008
samguru:

habaa, a big media company in nigeria like AIT
i think they should have website you can search the web.

Well, u better believe it, this is Nigeria after all and it seems companies still don't understand the value of information to the public. they advertise the site as http://www.daarsat.com but there is only a blank page. Even on the group's website http://www.daargroup.com very little information is provided on daarsat. Imagine launching a service like that and not providing any tangible information. Daar Communications are holding onto information about daarsat like it was some nuclear blue print.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by toskom(m): 1:03am On Oct 14, 2008
We say welcome to Daarsat to the world of pay tv. this is not just a tv business but a serious matter. Will Daarsat compete with other pay tv, the answer is "LET US WAIT AND SEE". But this is what i believe, Daarsat may compete with other Pay tv like DSTV,MYTV etc but when it comes to HITV, i don't think so. the reason is that Hitv are defining there own station and this is simply what makes HITV different from other pay tv.

Recently hitv just added another station called AMULUDUN ( a complete yoruba movie and music station) you will not find such station on other platform. this is where hitv has the edge. Look at other stations like BISCON, HI-MIX, NIGEZIE, HI-NOLLY, HI-LIFE etc this is the edge that HITV will have above other pay tv apart from the football stuff.

Recently NIGEZIE AND HI-NOLLY were nominated for the HOTBIRD AWARD, this is the first time a nigerian defined station will be nominated for such award. Also this two station will soon find itself being aired in the UK. this is a great milleage for Hitv.

Let us just wait and see but i see no competition with HITV but probably with other pay tv.

Please i am not an HITV staff, i just happen to be a customer and this is just my opinion .
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by soloqy: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2008
@toskom

Its either you are a hitv staff or you don't subscribe to hitv.

But looking closely, maybe you are right in saying that one can not compare hitv with dstv and daarsat. They are miles apart.

Those hi things you mentioned, are on their own "pedestal".

The "great programing content" that can be found in hi nolly, hi life and all the other variations of hi, can only be compared with the "superb picture quality" that you find in Biscon, Dove media and Amuludun. wink
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by urfriend(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2008
hi sology,have you not noticed the programme changes on Hi Nolly?.there are now more new movies,series and talkshows,etc.has the channels grow you shall always see more better changes.and as for the picture quality on the HI Channels,HiTV and eutelsat are currently working on that.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by netwhizmx: 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2008
dudes, there's no way HiTV or MYTV can compete with DaarSAT for the following reasons, DaarSat operates on both C and KU Band, which neither of 'em does, so either way u can access DaarSat. More channels r available on the DaarSat brocade and as for the foreign channels on the brocade, they are rated no 1. in their home countries, for instance FOX news and NBC are on the DaarSat brocade, simply cos they happen to be rated 1st and 2nd best news network in the US, CNN is rated no 5 or so, which is the reason DaarSat aint offering CNN.

Tons of other reasons, the only competition i see for DaarSat is DSTV, as DSTV has lots of subscribers and also with their new DSTV mobile, but its a healthy competition, but DaarSat's gonna blow cos its got almost 80 more channel space for more local contents to be added on, apart from the already existing local content it has. Talking abt Yoruba station on HiTV, i dont even wanna talk abt it, the tech. & broadcast quality of DaarSAT is far better than HiTV which happens to use streamin' outdated! men, well DaarSAT also got their own Yoruba channel, WATCH OUT GUYS ITS GONNA PHASE OFF DSTV, it just needs time, again HITV & MYTV, are no competition at all, No Offense meant!
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by bodiaye: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2008
If Daarsat as at today, still do not have a functional website, then it shows the kind of offering we will get from them.
When "Hi wahala" (apologies Hitv) started , what we were told was to wait that in time they will catch up with DSTV and surpass them, that it took DSTV 10 years to get to where they are now. Its been more than a year now, no improvement, and all that we hear is time, time and time.
Some of us have started the same song for daarsat- we will see
Gtv started about the same time with Hitv, but they are not at the same level, as GTv offers"correct tv" (apologies to Hitv).
At the time Glo cam into the Nigerian market, MTN and Econet( from Econet to Zain) were already existing, but the company came with per second billing and shook the market by storm. It was an innovation and this forced other operators to follow. What happend was that for Glo to gain a foothold in the market, it had to offer something new. this the company did and today it rocks.
I had expected Hitv to come with something new to rival Dstv, this they didn't do. Their only offering was to give to us at a N4,000.00 what we were previously getting from Dstv for N9,000.00.
Now Daarsat- NOTHING NEW!
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by samguru(m): 5:04am On Oct 20, 2008
any useful info on how to get the satellite and the possible monthly subscribtion on daarsat my counsin is very much interested in the satellite
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by kwachazz: 12:54am On Oct 22, 2008
Daarsat, Daarsat, which level una dey?

October 7th launching don pass and we never hear from you,

Guys i have done some work for DAARSAT and i regularly get fillers on what is going on so this is the latest:

1. DAARSAT is still busy perfecting their technical delivery, customer service and getting more channels! Commercial launch is due on or before November 7th.

2. They now have in excess of 50 channels positioning to be appealing to all members of the family, they literally have something for everyone from your grandmother that can't speak english to your kids wanting to become the next Jay Jay with a dedicated soccer school channel. They have also acquired some of the latest series titles released in the US on NBC network this month.

3. There are no live premiership games on the platform for now, but you can expect to see the Brazilian league, German league, French League, Turkish League, a number of top international matches including Brazil, Argentina, Portugal etc

4. You will see at least 6 premiership matches delayed the day after they are played, it is true that it is not the same as live, but it is the next best thing for now.

5. They have now also agreed to show the MGM Channel, which Hollywood film lovers will recognise for all the Oscars the MGM studios have produced

6. This one i know say Naija go vex and e never dey confirmed but i hear say them wan stop to dey show Nigeria International matches live for free to air television, say AIT na only delayed them go show from now on!!! Na only Daarsat subscribers go watch Nigeria Live from now O!!!!!!!!

7. The USP of DAARSAT partnership with Visafone is not aimed at offering subscribers internet access although this is a side benefit, it is aimed at creating a DAARSAT subscriber community which can make free calls amongst themselves all day, all night, all year for as long as they remain DAARSAT Subscribers.

I hope this information is helpful and gives a little insight into what Daarsat is offering!!!

OK the last channel list i am aware of is as follows:

AIT MOVIESTAR (MOVIE/DRAMA)
DAAR STARXPRESS (MOVIE/DRAMA)
SAHARA ONE (MOVIE/DRAMA)
SAHARA FILMY (MOVIE/DRAMA)
B4U MOVIES (MOVIE/DRAMA)
FOX CRIME (MOVIE/DRAMA)
FOX ENTERTAINMENT (MOVIE/DRAMA)
LUX TV (LIFESTYLE)
ART CHANNEL (LIFESTYLE)
GAMZAKI CHANNEL (LIFESTYLE)
FAAJI TELEVISION (LIFESTYLE)
AIT (GENERAL INTEREST)
NTA (GENERAL INTEREST)
CHANNELS (GENERAL INTEREST)
MBI INTERNATIONAL (GENERAL INTEREST)
GATEWAY TV (GENERAL INTEREST)
NICKOLODEON (KIDS/TEEN)
FOX BABY TV (KIDS/TEEN)
KIDSCO (KIDS/TEEN)
FUEL (KIDS/TEEN)
EURONEWS (NEWS)
BBC WORLD (NEWS)
AL-JAZEERA (NEWS)
FOX NEWS (NEWS)
AIT PARLIAMENTARY (NEWS)
AFRICA BUSINESS CHANNEL (FINANCIAL NEWS)
CNBC AFRICA (FINANCIAL NEWS)
AIT SPORTS (SPORTS)
AIT SPORTS 2 (SPORTS)
FOX SPORTS (SPORTS)
SETANTA AFRICA (SPORTS)
EUROSPORTNEWS (SPORTS)
QUEST TV (FASHION)
FASHION TV (FASHION)
B4U MUSIC (MUSIC)
SOUND CITY (MUSIC)
PRIMETIME AFRICA (MUSIC)
MTV BASE (MUSIC)
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MUSIC (MUSIC)
MCM TOP (MUSIC)
MCM POP (MUSIC)
C-MUSIC (MUSIC)
SCITECH TV (DOCUMENTARY)
DISCOVERY WORLD (DOCUMENTARY)
DISCOVERY TRAVEL & LIVING (DOCUMENTARY)
LOVE WORLD (RELIGIOUS)
DOVE MEDIA (RELIGIOUS)
VATICAN TV (RELIGIOUS)
ISLAMIC CHANNEL (TBA) (RELIGIOUS)

I also understand there is now

MGM Channel (Movies)
Soccer Academy TV (Sport)

PS. the www.daarsat.com website is still blank but i have asked and it should go live tomorrow Wednesday, 22nd October 2008.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by kwachazz: 1:04am On Oct 23, 2008
DIS GUY, Haba wetin Dokpesi do you? Abi he no approve your contract?
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by Mortiple(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2008
toskom:

We say welcome to Daarsat to the world of pay tv. this is not just a tv business but a serious matter. Will Daarsat compete with other pay tv, the answer is "LET US WAIT AND SEE". But this is what i believe, Daarsat may compete with other Pay tv like DSTV,MYTV etc but when it comes to HITV, i don't think so. the reason is that Hitv are defining there own station and this is simply what makes HITV different from other pay tv.

Recently hitv just added another station called AMULUDUN ( a complete yoruba movie and music station) you will not find such station on other platform. this is where hitv has the edge. Look at other stations like BISCON, HI-MIX, NIGEZIE, HI-NOLLY, HI-LIFE etc this is the edge that HITV will have above other pay tv apart from the football stuff.

Recently NIGEZIE AND HI-NOLLY were nominated for the HOTBIRD AWARD, this is the first time a nigerian defined station will be nominated for such award. Also this two station will soon find itself being aired in the UK. this is a great milleage for Hitv.

Let us just wait and see but i see no competition with HITV but probably with other pay tv.

[s]Please i am not an HITV staff, i just happen to be a customer and this is just my opinion .[/s]

Are you sure you are not Temisan Okomi (T, KOM), the Sports Presenter/Analyst of HITV?
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by shamass77(m): 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2008
Definitely, I just cant see why people hide their identity to blackmail others, but they should know better that some of us know how to track, even if you are a born-hacker
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by samguru(m): 7:23pm On Nov 04, 2008
guys we need more info, cos am at the point of getting satellite for my family
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by firsty: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2008
daarsat is far better then others
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by blackwhale: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2008
firsty:

daarsat is far better then others

AMAZING BELIEF. Unless 'others' are also non-existent, daarsat can't be rated. To think I check this thread everyday anticipating good news. I'm really disappointed thus far angry. Forget the media hype, nothing special coming from DAAR it seems.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by soloqy: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2008
@firsty

Do you work at Daarsat?

How can you say that something that isnt available or seen anywhere is the best?

With what yardstick are you judging?

I have not seen any installer anywhere in Nigeria or Africa that advertises Daarsat installation and decoders.

When we eventually have people who have subscribed, then we will judge
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by allboyz(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2008
sup guys?

is it true that HiTv now have "Discovery Channel" ?
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by shamass77(m): 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ Soloqy, why cant you just bury your personal belief and be honest with yourself. Be and believe in yourself. Proudly Nigerian, that's what DAAR preaches. Give them the chance to do it and then allow time for criticisms. Now that the decoders are out and the channels are running, i suggest you get one and satisfy yourself. I have bought it and am not disappointed at all. In fact, for those who care to know, it's the ultimate TV Experience with High Definition TV. I rest my case
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by soloqy: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
@shamass77

Can you give me two or three places where the decoders are available in Lagos? I said I havent seen it being sold or advertised anywhere because its true.

If you can give me the info i asked for now, i can go look at it myself. I believe your resellers and dealers should be able to have it running at their offices for demonstration purposes so that one doesnt have to pay for what he is not sure about.
If I go to any of your dealers , I should be able to preview your offerings there while making enquiries.

Its not about making statements, let me have three of your dealers in Lagos so I can make up my mind which is nearest to my area.

Surely you should be able to have up to three dealers in EKO abi?
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by adrusa: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2008
Dont mind him, the man is a liar. Daarsat is still a gargantuan vapourware.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by loading2(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2008
guys dont forget that daarsat is a cat with nine lives. Lets just pray that they succeed @ least for the sake of our 'fatherland' enough of 'south african enslavement' , we got what it takes, we just need to set our priorities right , cheers
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by lincpon: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2008
i need a dstv card the old one for purchase.
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by SATMAN(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2009
hi

here is DAARSAT freq,pls do check and give the house some feed back.they are on intelsat 907 (27 degrees) west.if u have already gotten it also give us your experience,and how many channels are currently showing.

11675 v 30000
11555 v 30000
Re: Daarsat Vs Existing Satellites(hitv,dstv,mytv Etc) by Dclique(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
How much is daarsat goin for?

(1) (Reply)

NUDITY, Immorality, Sodomy: Should Big Brother Africa Be Banned? (PHOTOS) / Jerry Springer Show on DSTV / Young Nigerian On Air Personalities And Their Foreign Accents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.