Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... (12865 Views)

What Muslims Should Know About RAMADAN / What Muslims Are Doing Right Now... / What Muslims And Non-muslims Need To Know About Book Harams. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by bukatyne(f): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
ummsulaym:

keep laughing but if shaving his beard is what he needs do to get started, Pete edochie will have no strand of beard else he will be no star... Have you ever asked yourself why all the prophets *Jesus included* keep beard? I can see a critic manager in the making. I don't want to derail this thread longer than it's been derailed but learn to speak good or keep mute... Just an advice!

So the beard is what makes them excel?

FYI, Jesus wore gowns too and his hair was long

Oya let's go there!
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by moewuro(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
;DTs only a gud tree,dat bears gud fruit dey throw sticks nd stone@....muslim n PROUDi
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by robonski15(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abayomin70: Guy go shave

grin grin grin U just made me laugh hysterically!!! Am sheding tears now... Chai!!!
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by indoorlove(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Superking: At times I eat just twice a day. First meal before 6am and last meal after 6pm. What would you call that? Somebody help!

Abeg I no wan tlobble at all lipsrsealed
do you know why players can't be 21 on the pitch as against 11, because there are lay down rules that it must be 11 against 11. Muslim can fast without eating in the morning as we usually do but that would be tantamount to an exercise in futility because the rules are no followed. I really can't explain why some people shut their minds against anything contrary to their view or believe.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by critique101(f): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Don't get oyibo people wrong. They don't hate Muslims. They only dread them because of what the innocent looking muslim jihadists have done in the world so far. As a result, every muslim they see is a suspect and you won't blame them.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by cold(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nuvally:

Keep quiet my friend!

I hate religious fanatics.

Whether u're a Christain, Muslim or P, you must adhere to every rule/regulation guiding ur place of work.

I vividly can't employ a person who goes out to pray 5 times a day as a Receptionist in my Hotel.

If the rules don't favour u, go somewhere else. You can't bend the rules.
You can't play football with an Empty stomach.

This is what I call self-pity. Does Islam teach that Too?
I agree with you completely. Personally,i wouldn't field a player fasting. Irrespective of religious leanings. If anything should go wrong the manager would be the first person to be charged to court,& the judge would likely throw the book at him.He should have known better. Same applies to any other work place,keep your beliefs at home or with you & stick to rules. Don't try to bend the rules for your own selfish beliefs to the detriment of others. This is one of the reasons why i say religious folks are selfish & inconsiderate which is totally contradictory to what they teach.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by seankay(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ustec: Karim benzema and s.kedirah wea nt drop during fasting,..even ma own eden hazard wasn't drop...#teamRM&CFC#
Hazard is not a muslim,get ur facts right!

1 Like

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Dsdada: 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ op. I don't seem to get the import of this post. Is it about islam and 'peace' or 'fasting' and footballing? Or better still an advert?
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by icepoint(m): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
must he play football in england? he can as well carry his trade to any of the islamic countries and make more money instead crying wolf, hypocrisy .
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by ummsulaym(f): 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
The comments so far make me wonder if the 'Jesus Christ' muslims believed is the one christians take their name after to mean 'christ-like'/'followers of christ' because the christ that was describe according to the bible was the one who didnt even condemn an adulterous woman to death*not to talk of condemning one striving in the part of GOD*... Christians comments so far are 'bitter' and that make me believe my friend who said 'christians' are no more*very true*... Criticism is welcomed if the post calls for that but NO, the post didnt call for it...
We fight *oh yes, we do* for a just cause but I don't know what's just about your criticism so far cuz the OP didnt insult anyone in his post*did he?*
I'm unfollowing this thread cuz the more the comments, the more I believe christians are really incarnates of 'LUCIFER' who swore to make men associate something/someone with GOD in worship and to make the path to hell ATTRACTIVE and ADORABLE...
Let the managers keep denying muslims of their right*that's all they can do*... But ISLAM has come to stay... No man can change that...

To my muslim siblings, just know that even the Prophets of God (P.B.U.T) were rejected and threated badly by the people*lost souls* yet, they never gave up but served the ONE GOD and called to HIS service...
May I also remind you dear muslim brothers and sisters that Prophet(S.A.W) said ''Islam will return to being strange again just as it was when it was new''*GLAD TIDINGS TO THE STRANGERS*...
If getting a job to satisfy the flesh was better than services to GOD, Jesus would have succumb to satan*according to the bible* but NAY! He said ''man shall not leave by bread alone but by EVERYWORD that proceed from the mouth of GOD''...

***what will be will be but my deen AL-ISLAM will In Shaa Allah never be compromised***

1 Like

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Adrenaline123(m): 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Uchiha Itachi:

Where is the dislike button? undecided
dislike
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by bukatyne(f): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
ummsulaym: The comments so far make me wonder if the 'Jesus Christ' muslims believed is the one christians take their name after to mean 'christ-like'/'followers of christ' because the christ that was describe according to the bible was the one who didnt even condemn an adulterous woman to death*not to talk of condemning one striving in the part of GOD*... Christians comments so far are 'bitter' and that make me believe my friend who said 'christians' are no more*very true*... Criticism is welcomed if the post calls for that but NO, the post didnt call for it...
We fight *oh yes, we do* for a just cause but I don't know what's just about your criticism so far cuz the OP didnt insult anyone in his post*did he?*
I'm unfollowing this thread cuz the more the comments, the more I believe christians are really incarnates of 'LUCIFER' who swore to make men associate something/someone with GOD in worship and to make the path to hell ATTRACTIVE...
Let the managers keep denying muslims of their right*that's all they can do*... But ISLAM has come to stay... No man can change that...

To my muslim siblings, just know that even the Prophets of God (P.B.U.T) were rejected and threated badly by the people*lost souls* yet, they never gave up but served the ONE GOD and called to HIS service...
May I also remind you dear muslim brothers and sisters that Prophet(S.A.W) said ''Islam will return to being strange again just as it was when it was new''*GLAD TIDINGS TO THE STRANGERS*...
If getting a job to satisfy the flesh was better than services to GOD, Jesus would have succumb to satan*according to the bible* but NAY! He said ''man shall not leave by bread alone but by EVERYWORD that proceed from the mouth of GOD''...

***what will be will be but my deen AL-ISLAM will In Shaa Allah never be compromised***

Please stop making Muslims look like victims and I do not understand if every non-muslim is a Christian.

I also do not know the correlation between lucifer and Christians.

No, Muslims and Christians do not believe in the same Jesus.

Except you have a different story than the OP, I do not see where his manager has discriminated against him. His peers treat him different as they would treat any one different from them. Discriminating or denying him his rights would mean stopping him from reading his Quran or observing his prayers. He even stops a beard so he is quite free to be who he wants yo be.

Once again, stop thinking that everyone is witch-hunting Muslims. A woman without hijab in Saudi would also be gossiped about, punished and humiliated.

2 Likes

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by collynzo2(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Dr Walter: D unbelievers are not here yet
Boko Haram mentality.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by CohenJane: 11:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nuvally:

Keep quiet my friend!

I hate religious fanatics.

Whether u're a Christain, Muslim or P, you must adhere to every rule/regulation guiding ur place of work.

I vividly can't employ a person who goes out to pray 5 times a day as a Receptionist in my Hotel.

If the rules don't favour u, go somewhere else. You can't bend the rules.
You can't play football with an Empty stomach.

This is what I call self-pity. Does Islam teach that Too?

The bolded is not true, and you know it. You just want to sha say something to vent your frustration.
I play my football well when I'm fasting.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by mcfynest(m): 11:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
ok
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Testerfuze(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2013
guonno:

Ur life and death is for alah indeed but in hell fire. Tell me why people will not discriminate? I do discriminate against muslims. I once lost my chance to take first bus from anambra to owerri just bc a woman in hijab was buding the same bus with me, I did it because I don't want to be blown into pieces. Have u not heard of a whole family being blown up? are u a learner? In fact ibu onye ala! I will comfortably dine with a stranger budhist, hinduist, etheist, even babalawo, but use a long spoon to dine with a muslim never. Blood sucking demons, mohammad awaits all of u in hell.
Reading ur comment nd i was lyk wtf?? Evn an 8years old wudn'† talk lyk dis.....c'mon grow up chap nd embrace d truth.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by saifuhot: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
WAIT A MINUTE! WHY ARE CHRISTIANS MASSIVELY REVERTING TO ISLAM...
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by saifuhot: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
WAIT A MINUTE! WHY ARE CHRISTIANS MASSIVELY REVERTING TO ISLAM...?
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Testerfuze(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Slimmos: Trash....evryone dont want a muslim in his or her organization because all muslims are all linked to Al queeda, al shabab, Boko haram....and are all related to Osama Bin ladeen..no offence pls..cuz osama are all muslims role model
Nd wu's ur own role model....clifford orji?,lawrence anini?,charles taylor
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Testerfuze(m): 12:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Dsdada: @ op. I don't seem to get the import of this post. Is it about islam and 'peace' or 'fasting' and footballing? Or better still an advert?
I tink it has 2 do wit practising islam nd @ d same tym doin ur job wich i tink d chances of doin both w'dout any hindrance ar almost zero.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by dyfatai(m): 12:59am On Oct 19, 2013
Nuvally:

olodo leleyi, so a practicing muslim will come nd work in ur filthy and evil hotel bah?
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by logica(m): 1:42am On Oct 19, 2013
There are Buddhists, Animists, even Sango Worshipers who play football yet none of them ever complain of clashes with their religion. For me, if I know my religion doesn't gel with my work (such as a Christian working as a stripper), I definitely wouldn't be engaging in the job.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by cold(m): 5:15am On Oct 19, 2013
First time in a long time i commented in the Islamic section & had my comments hidden. Seriously what kind of person can't take criticism of any kind? Constructive,destructive,cynical or sarcastic. I just wonder the kind of person you'd be in real life. A no-nonsense,my way or the high way,brutish character. Everything a true Muslim should be. Sigh...

1 Like

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by KDULAR: 6:29am On Oct 19, 2013
There's no discrimination here, it's just consideration on the part of the manager and it is founded. The fact that team mates saw him doing something different and he's was set aside or talked about is neither abnormal, same thing he and fellow muslims i'll do to non muslim s in societies that have them in the majority ( likewise the traditionalists atheist seculiars and Christians ) so the victim thing should be downplayed in this kind of situation, unless the 5 cardinals of Islam are denied a Muslim from observing them. In fact Saudi is too far, just wear Iro and buba with head gear , skirt even below the knee, or a tee-shirt on anything without a veil in where is termed Kano city and you'll see at any point in time nothing less than 200 eyes looking at you, mouths insulting you and fingers pointing at you.

A Muslim once posted saying that Muslims are to concentrate on things that are within their personal power to do about the practice of the religion rather than playing victim on issues that are Yes about their religion but May not in anyway affect spirituality especially when it may conflicts with the rules and regulations of an entirely non Muslim organizations. Workplace, Public television / radio broadcasts, schools, roads, markets, hospitals, houses. For example, NYSC, military, it is wrong to un officially and forcefully introduce a veil on the uniforms in those organization just because you are practicing Muslim, put on the uniform in the proper prescribed way at the official period and after that put on the hijab or veil or what ever you like afterwards. Put pushing your thing through such organization is forcing religion down peoples throat even if they are not practicing.
bukatyne:

Please stop making Muslims look like victims and I do not understand if every non-muslim is a Christian.

I also do not know the correlation between lucifer and Christians.

No, Muslims and Christians do not believe in the same Jesus.

Except you have a different story than the OP, I do not see where his manager has discriminated against him. His peers treat him different as they would treat any one different from them. Discriminating or denying him his rights would mean stopping him from reading his Quran or observing his prayers. He even stops a beard so he is quite free to be who he wants yo be.

Once again, stop thinking that everyone is witch-hunting Muslims. A woman without hijab in Saudi would also be gossiped about, punished and humiliated.

1 Like

Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Innonaira: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2013
yahrant140: We muslims must let the world entirely knows that 'islam is the only religion of peace'
yes, by first of all changing ur own minds. Ofcours nobdy wil lyk 2 work wit a potential terrorist.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by abdulkayus(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa oooo. Wat is happenin here is d same thing dat happen in 2go and other social media dat has presence of religion. Since i have join NL for over sometym now, i havent c where muslims invade xtains thread and talk ignorantly abt dem or abt d topin dey are discussin on, bt on almost every thread muslims create, u will c d xtains rushin in wit their biles, abuses and ignorant display, and later dey will be claimin muslims are intolerant or dont mind their business. Who is nt mindin his business now? U ppl are just pure hypocrite.
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Vicilo(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote
author=ummsulaym]Hmmmm! Even in other fields, we have alot of muslims
complaining of similar problem... I really don't know how being a
practicing muslim affects productivity and/or efficiency at work if not
positively... If they do not complain about this, they will complain
about that...
Imagine my lecturer asking If i want my future career jeorpadized
*simply because of a veil*. I told him everyone dresses to work and this
is my own dress code though a different style. He smiled and told me
that 2 or less out of hundred organizations will hire me dressed like
that.
Can you imagine that! It's not as if he wished me bad but that shows how
much he knows of 'Western criticism and hyprocrisy'...
Our life and death are for Allah... May HE see everyone through and do
the best for us and for dear brother Nathan Ellington in all endeavours.
***Wa'aleikumus-salam @OP*****[/quote]

Madam , evry organization has a dress code, u can't violate it bcus of religion, if other religion dresses as such Christian , Muslim, Hindu, idol , hw wil an organization look like? I cnt seek job in ur firm and dictate dress code for u
Re: Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... by Muffy2912: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]f any religion or religious practice will keep me from living my life to the fullest, then I think its time to do away with it.

Was the sabbath made for man or man for the sabbath?

What do you mean by fullest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Differences Between Blood Of Menstruation And Blood Of Istihaadah / Slaughtering For The Sake Of Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.